Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Ciaran20041329

And when did you do medical? Its killing me waiting on this call ha

I'm up the third.
    Wouldn't worry about it yet, there's still plenty of time before the other phases are passed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

I'm up the third.
    Wouldn't worry about it yet, there's still plenty of time before the other phases are passed.

I am the 2nd ha I would love to know if my application is in the station yet

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

I am the 2nd ha I would love to know if my application is in the station yet

I was told by my Sgt that I'd be meeting the super early this week but I've heard nothing from him yet. The Sgt said he was doing his report out when I left and that it was going straight to the Supts desk. I'd love to have it our of the way before the medical so here's hoping he calls

I was told by my Sgt that I'd be meeting the super early this week but I've heard nothing from him yet. The Sgt said he was doing his report out when I left and that it was going straight to the Supts desk. I'd love to have it our of the way before the medical so here's hoping he calls

Ah sure your flying like nearly all done.. I suppose I will just have to sit and wait unfortunately ha

Ah sure your flying like nearly all done.. I suppose I will just have to sit and wait unfortunately ha

I know a girl who done medical yesterday and never met either the Sgt or Supt so?
    I'd just love to get it done now and know it's closer.

I know a girl who done medical yesterday and never met either the Sgt or Supt so?
    I'd just love to get it done now and know it's closer.

Thats mad.. Yeah I just wouldnt want any delay at all if in any way possible.. Hopefully after medical next week will start to speed up.. Wonder when our physical dates will be if all goes well in medical

Thats mad.. Yeah I just wouldnt want any delay at all if in any way possible.. Hopefully after medical next week will start to speed up.. Wonder when our physical dates will be if all goes well in medical

Just from having a chat with the staff on the college I was asked my medical date and oom the said most likely it could be a week/2 after medical. I've poor coverage aswell so I hate thinking I'm not getting call

Just from having a chat with the staff on the college I was asked my medical date and oom the said most likely it could be a week/2 after medical. I've poor coverage aswell so I hate thinking I'm not getting call

Yeah that would leave time for October.. Yeah I know I have phone beside me all day and it on as loud as possible haha Whens your medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Luis21

Seems a bit strange to have to put a lot of work in to become a Garda.

Once you become one you wont do any work.

Luis21 wrote: »
    Seems a bit strange to have to put a lot of work in to become a Garda.

Once you become one you wont do any work.

When you get attacked or need help and ring the Guards make sure to tell them how little work they are doing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 cilldara podge

Anyone know what the protocol is for a failed medical? All I am really worried about is the BMI, currently 30.5 :/

• Registered Users Posts: 40 conzcro

Anyone know what the protocol is for a failed medical? All I am really worried about is the BMI, currently 30.5 :/

You bmi will be fine mine was dat aswell but my body fat percentage was below average meaning there was more muscle than fat I was worrying like you too you'll be fine

conzcro wrote: »
    You bmi will be fine mine was dat aswell but my body fat percentage was below average meaning there was more muscle than fat I was worrying like you too you'll be fine

What way did they measure the body fat? I thought it was just a weigh and height measure?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 conzcro

What way did they measure the body fat? I thought it was just a weigh and height measure?

You stand on a machine and it gives you bmi aswell as your body fat percentage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Two people that had medicals yesterday failed on bmi .they were deferred for six months to get. It right

Two people that had medicals yesterday failed on bmi .they were deferred for six months to get. It right

Did your daughter pass? Will she be looking at October? When is her physical?

That's made me a bit mor nervous! Any idea what they're bmi's were? What's the figure for the body fat does anybody know?

Just got a message from HR. forgot to put on a canadain dress on the form B. Id say with that complication I can wave bye bye to October's intake. Balls!!

Just got a message from HR. forgot to put on a canadain dress on the form B. Id say with that complication I can wave bye bye to October's intake. Balls!!

What did it say?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

A HR email at 10pm at night??? so they're on overtime.....

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

I think I may have left out one or two employers now that I think about it.........

But I'm sure if that becomes an issue they'll contact me

How did they know you forgot to put a Canadian address?
    Did you put a Canadian job in your employment history?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 doody8

Medical passed today.
    Still haven't met my Sergeant or Super!!

jwm85 wrote: »
    How did they know you forgot to put a Canadian address?
    Did you put a Canadian job in your employment history?

Like a clown, I put on a Canadian job as employment history.
    Kinda shot myself in the foot.
    I've to email them back with it so they can proceed so its definitely gonna cause delays.

Like a clown, I put on a Canadian job as employment history.
    Kinda shot myself in the foot.
    I've to email them back with it so they can proceed so its definitely gonna cause delays.

I was thinking you must have done something like that! Hopefully it won't hold you up. What OOM are you? Because there are still over 100 people waiting for October intake who passed their fitness and medicals in July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 itsmeimback

So I got a call to meet the superintendent this Saturday. What should I wear??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

Go as you would for an interview, that's how I went.

Same as interview. Full suit. Good luck.

I was told by a retired super to go smart casual not a suit

I was told by a retired super to go smart casual not a suit

I wore a suit. I figured it would be better to be too smart than not smart enough!

At least wear a shirt and tie if you don't want to wear the jacket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Peter2.0

Quick questin are you made aware if you pass or fail there abd then on the day? Also how long is it taking? I'm due in at 9.30 Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ef123

That's made me a bit mor nervous! Any idea what they're bmi's were? What's the figure for the body fat does anybody know?
    I did my medical on 13th May and my BMI was 32. I got a three month deferral to get it right. I'm back up on the second, have lost 2 stone so I should be grand. You definitely won't pass if your BMI is over thirty unless you have a very muscular build with low body fat. Go to the sauna for a couple of hours the night before and don't drink any water, you'll easily lose a few pounds doing that, could be enough to get it below thirty. Boxers can lose 10-12 lb in a couple of days before a fight buy doing that type of thing and they have no body fat! The doctor told me that I was just too heavy and couldn't justify my BMI being over 30. My body fat was 27 on the day, I thought that was low enough to get in but it wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Muggle24

Personally I wouldn't go full suit. Definetly more smart casual like shirt and trousers !

Muggle24 wrote: »
    Personally I wouldn't go full suit. Definetly more smart casual like shirt and trousers !

I would prob say shirt and trousers myself.. God dam it will they ever call me for my meeting!! haha

What ye all wearing to medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Richyroberts

What ye all wearing to medical?

I wore jeans and a polo to mine,for what it's worth,granted was 9 years ago,obviously don't go out the night before

Also when you send a confirmation email did you receive one back?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Richyroberts

Also when you send a confirmation email did you receive one back?

Honestly can't remember,to the best of my knowledge most correspondence was through letters at the time

Hopefully those of us waiting to be called will hear something this week. Fingers crossed!

Hopefully those of us waiting to be called will hear something this week. Fingers crossed!

Do you have Medical and Physical passed? :)

• Advertisement

Do you have Medical and Physical passed? :)

Yupp. Passed my fitness back in June

Yupp. Passed my fitness back in June

Ah good stuff!! Nearly there :) I have Medical this week

Search BT Free in the AppStore for the Beep Test

Medical passed, thank god! Anyone have any idea as to when the physical might be?

Search BT Free in the AppStore for the Beep Test

Have been practicing that exact one ;) Getting my 8.8 so happy out :)

Have been practicing that exact one ;) Getting my 8.8 so happy out :)

Fair play! I got my 8.1 on the day, barely!!

Medical passed, thank god! Anyone have any idea as to when the physical might be?

Good man yourself! They gave no indication obviously no? How ya find it?

Fair play! I got my 8.1 on the day, barely!!

Once you got it thats all that matters!! haha Been training a bit but should prob do more ha

Once you got it thats all that matters!! haha Been training a bit but should prob do more ha

Well if you're hitting 8.8 with ease then you should fly it.
    Just do your press ups and sit ups every day.
    I put my feet under the sofa and used that to hold me down.
    As for the obstacle course, my main bit of advice would be don't rush it. 3 minutes and 20 seconds is more than enough time to complete it. Just take your time. I'm guessing you've been to the open day so you've had a go at the push pull machine?

• Advertisement

Well if you're hitting 8.8 with ease then you should fly it.
    Just do your press ups and sit ups every day.
    I put my feet under the sofa and used that to hold me down.
    As for the obstacle course, my main bit of advice would be don't rush it. 3 minutes and 20 seconds is more than enough time to complete it. Just take your time. I'm guessing you've been to the open day so you've had a go at the push pull machine?

Well not with ease with a bit of work haha but still hitting it haha
    Yeah feet under sofa is the best way.. Sitting on a cushion ha
    Yeah I was rushing at open day and knocked the barrier off when attempted to go under and still got just over a minute.. I reckon you would defo do it in under the 3 if you just go at a quick pace
    As for push pull that was what I fear the most ha I still got a pass but not the score I would have liked ha

Advertisement