Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

Well not with ease with a bit of work haha but still hitting it haha
    Yeah feet under sofa is the best way.. Sitting on a cushion ha
    Yeah I was rushing at open day and knocked the barrier off when attempted to go under and still got just over a minute.. I reckon you would defo do it in under the 3 if you just go at a quick pace
    As for push pull that was what I fear the most ha I still got a pass but not the score I would have liked ha

If you do the obstacle course in under 3 minutes you only have to get 22.5 kg on the push pull. The push pull is the final test so just get your position right and throw absolutely everything at it.

I think I did the obstacle course in 2 minutes 50 seconds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

jwm85 wrote: »
    If you do the obstacle course in under 3 minutes you only have to get 22.5 kg on the push pull. The push pull is the final test so just get your position right and throw absolutely everything at it.

I think I did the obstacle course in 2 minutes 50 seconds

Yeah definitely.. The last hurdle so just give absolutely everything.. Hoping to hear something towards end of this week about meeting with Sgt. Heard nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

Medical passed, thank god! Anyone have any idea as to when the physical might be?

Any fails? How did you find it?
    As for the fitness I'm flat out training with Gaa at championship level so I should be grand! I'be downloaded the bleep test so starting to do it tonight. I'm also lifting some weights. Still no word from Supt yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Peter2.0

Medical passed, thank god! Anyone have any idea as to when the physical might be?

What did you wear for medical? How long did it take? Have mine Thursday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 48 cilldara podge

Peter2.0 wrote: »
    What did you wear for medical? How long did it take? Have mine Thursday morning

I just went smart casual, so jeans, polo and shoes. I was there for 9 and out by 11.45

• Advertisement

Any fails? How did you find it?
    As for the fitness I'm flat out training with Gaa at championship level so I should be grand! I'be downloaded the bleep test so starting to do it tonight. I'm also lifting some weights. Still no word from Supt yet though
    Found it grand in the end. Was worried BMI, but all was good in the end and no fails.

Good man yourself! They gave no indication obviously no? How ya find it?

They just said that there'd be an email sent out over the next few weeks. Im guessing that the physicals will start the week after next!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

They just said that there'd be an email sent out over the next few weeks. Im guessing that the physicals will start the week after next!?

Physicals taking place tomorrow for some anyway

Yeah that would be handy.. Hopefully won't be a long wait for physical date

• Registered Users Posts: 13 GalwayGirl91

Got my email today telling me I've passed my interview, absolutely delighted! Fitness is what I'm most worried about now.. Going by OOM what was the last placing in the last group and were ye called in order? Thanks

• Advertisement

ELJeff wrote: »
    Physicals taking place tomorrow for some anyway

Are they? How much notice was given for the physical I wonder?

Got my email today telling me I've passed my interview, absolutely delighted! Fitness is what I'm most worried about now.. Going by OOM what was the last placing in the last group and were ye called in order? Thanks

I know ours started at 737 but dunno where it finished.. What OOM are you? :) Congrats btw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

Are they? How much notice was given for the physical I wonder?

I got 10 days notice back in June!

I got 10 days notice back in June!

Plenty of Time!! :D haha

Plenty of Time!! :D haha

To be fair it was probably better getting short notice as you have no time to worry over it, you just get stuck into training and get on with it!

To be fair it was probably better getting short notice as you have no time to worry over it, you just get stuck into training and get on with it!

Exactly.. I would love 10 days notice haha

I know ours started at 737 but dunno where it finished.. What OOM are you? :) Congrats btw!

I'm 829 but sure not a clue where it starts ha! Thanks a mill, hope the training for fitness is going good :)

I'm 829 but sure not a clue where it starts ha! Thanks a mill, hope the training for fitness is going good :)

There are still a lot from 600 onwards waiting to go in as the last intake started from the 450's

There are still a lot from 600 onwards waiting to go in as the last intake started from the 450's

Good few of us also left in the 500's as well....

It's a long bloody process!!!!

• Advertisement

Its crazy when you think of it .. You guys are 100-200 places ahead of me haha but lots of people around your placing have already gone in havent they?

Its crazy when you think of it .. You guys are 100-200 places ahead of me haha but lots of people around your placing have already gone in havent they?

The last intake OOM started in mid 450's but there were also people before that due to go in as well.

The last intake OOM started in mid 450's but there were also people before that due to go in as well.

My god what a process haha Really hope my vetting doesnt get delayed at all

My god what a process haha Really hope my vetting doesnt get delayed at all

I'm waiting on physical date, my OOM started at 638.

I'm waiting on physical date, my OOM started at 638.

Ive medical tomorrow so hoping my Physical should be around the same time as you so :) Once I pass obviously.. Have you met Sgt and Super?

Reading all this so it sounds like it'll be a while before I'm called for fitness.. That suits me fine as I've so much work to do on my fitness.. When I did my interview last Monday the lady who was there from the Garda recruitment said that it was a possibility that if I passed my interview that day and my vetting came back with no issues and I didn't defer my fitness that I could be in the October in take that their aim isn't to get us into that one but if people have everything passed without issue there's a possibility of it.

Reading all this so it sounds like it'll be a while before I'm called for fitness.. That suits me fine as I've so much work to do on my fitness.. When I did my interview last Monday the lady who was there from the Garda recruitment said that it was a possibility that if I passed my interview that day and my vetting came back with no issues and I didn't defer my fitness that I could be in the October in take that their aim isn't to get us into that one but if people have everything passed without issue there's a possibility of it.

Jesus you did interview last Monday and have results already?? Lucky you!! I had an agonizing wait haha I got a date foe my Medical 3-4 days after finding out I passed so its not too long

Jesus you did interview last Monday and have results already?? Lucky you!! I had an agonizing wait haha I got a date foe my Medical 3-4 days after finding out I passed so its not too long

Ya I know I was shocked when I saw it yesterday, I asked and they said I could possibly find out this week but I just didn't believe them ha! Awh fingers crossed it flies, waiting is the worst of it all!! I think I'll be okay for my medical, well I hope! Did ye go to yer Doctor for a checkup before getting the medical done?

Ya I know I was shocked when I saw it yesterday, I asked and they said I could possibly find out this week but I just didn't believe them ha! Awh fingers crossed it flies, waiting is the worst of it all!! I think I'll be okay for my medical, well I hope! Did ye go to yer Doctor for a checkup before getting the medical done?
    I went to Dentist and Specsavers and got eyes and ears done and they are perfect.. Have a few fillings I need to get done but dont think I should fail on that.. I have done the medical for the reserves before and passed so hoping will be getting a similar result tomorrow :)

• Advertisement

I went to Dentist and Specsavers and got eyes and ears done and they are perfect.. Have a few fillings I need to get done but dont think I should fail on that.. I have done the medical for the reserves before and passed so hoping will be getting a similar result tomorrow :)

Did Specsavers check your ears too? Just by chance I've a dentist app today so I'll get my filings sorted so that's handy enough! Awh well best of luck hopefully you'll fly it :)

Did Specsavers check your ears too? Just by chance I've a dentist app today so I'll get my filings sorted so that's handy enough! Awh well best of luck hopefully you'll fly it :)

Yeah you can do a little 3 minute check that is very similar to the one in the medical.. And that was perfect so lets hope all is good tomorrow :)

Ive medical tomorrow so hoping my Physical should be around the same time as you so :) Once I pass obviously.. Have you met Sgt and Super?
    Yeah I have met Sgt and Inspector and have had my references contacted. So I'm literally just waiting on the physical 😩

Yeah I have met Sgt and Inspector and have had my references contacted. So I'm literally just waiting on the physical 😩

Ah good man.. I am hoping to get that bloody call soon for Sgt meeting ha Let us know when you have your physical :)

not going to lie, this worries me as far as where I stand :(

Passed Interview end of April, placed mid 500's on OOM, passed Medical end of May, met sergeant and inspector in May/June and passed physical end of June..... Rang HRM just under 2 weeks ago and my vetting still wasn't back....

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mcnulty101

not going to lie, this worries me as far as where I stand :(

Passed Interview end of April, placed mid 500's on OOM, passed Medical end of May, met sergeant and inspector in May/June and passed physical end of June..... Rang HRM just under 2 weeks ago and my vetting still wasn't back....

I'm in the same boat Dublingirl, no point panicking over it I suppose! Pretty sure I was told by the Super back in May there was a good chance of starting in June so I'm not sure they know themselves what's happening!

• Advertisement

Mcnulty101 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat Dublingirl, no point panicking over it I suppose! Pretty sure I was told by the Super back in May there was a good chance of starting in June so I'm not sure they know themselves what's happening!

Yea my sergeant got my hopes up to go down in July too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lassy66

I did my interview last Tuesday and the woman from Garda recruitment told me that because the vetting takes so long that if all went well it would definitely be after Christmas before I start in templemore and there would be no chance of making the October intake... Passed the interview so have to knuckle down now for the fitness! At least if it's going to be after Xmas, it will give us more time to prepare for the fitness, God knows I'll need as much time as possible! Well done to yourself too, couldn't believe it when I seen the email last night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ef123

I was 468 in the OOM so I'm hoping to pass medical tomorrow and get the physical as soon as. That might get me into the October batch?

ef123 wrote: »
    I was 468 in the OOM so I'm hoping to pass medical tomorrow and get the physical as soon as. That might get me into the October batch?

Did you have to defer??
    I'm in the 600's and did my medical and fitness in May and June.

What time you up? See you there :)

• Advertisement

Did you have to defer??
    I'm in the 600's and did my medical and fitness in May and June.

I got a 3 month deferral, have to say I was gutted at the time but it has done me the world of good to lose the extra weight

What time you up? See you there :)

I'm in at 11, I was told I just have to get weighed and see the doctor because I passed everything else the last day

I'm in at 11, I was told I just have to get weighed and see the doctor because I passed everything else the last day

Ah good stuff.. You'll fly it now I'm sure

I but the bullet an called hrm this afternoon! They told me that all my vetting is back! Fingers crossed for October so!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Muggle24

For those going up for the medical from the west. What's the best method. Not keen on driving up but will if I have to. Is there parking at this place ?

I but the bullet an called hrm this afternoon! They told me that all my vetting is back! Fingers crossed for October so!!!!

That's great news!!

Ah savage that's a weight off the shoulders!!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

Lassy66 wrote: »
    I did my interview last Tuesday and the woman from Garda recruitment told me that because the vetting takes so long that if all went well it would definitely be after Christmas before I start in templemore and there would be no chance of making the October intake... Passed the interview so have to knuckle down now for the fitness! At least if it's going to be after Xmas, it will give us more time to prepare for the fitness, God knows I'll need as much time as possible! Well done to yourself too, couldn't believe it when I seen the email last night!!

You may not be called for Templemore until the new year but your medical and PCT will probably be before Christmas, things happen quickly from once you pass the interview.

I'm saying this because you said you have work to do on your fitness, don't think that you have until after Christmas to get fit because it will happen sooner than that. If you have work to do start now!

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

I would guess that you are still in Band 1 Group 5 , who's OOM starts at 737, you just did a later interview than most in this group.

Happy to see you got through, I remember you saying you had to appeal one of the verification tests!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Ciaran20041329

Its a very long process.
    I wont be telling my present employer what I really think of the place for a long time to come yet I'd say.

• Advertisement
Advertisement