Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

Medical passed :) More waiting now for physical but can't wait for it.. Word on the street is a start date of October 19th..

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Peter2.0

Medical passed :) More waiting now for physical but can't wait for it.. Word on the street is a start date of October 19th..

Well done, any idea on physical?

Peter2.0 wrote: »
    Well done, any idea on physical?

Nah they just said HRM will be in touch.. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks will have physical

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Muggle24

Medical passed More waiting now for physical but can't wait for it.. Word on the street is a start date of October 19th..

Well done. Do you knw is there parking at the hq ?how long did it all take ?

Muggle24 wrote: »
    Well done. Do you knw is there parking at the hq ?how long did it all take ?

You have to park a bit down from hq and walk up.. Not too far away.. And it took me about 2 hours.. But most of that time is waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

Couldn't get my phone to log in! Medical passed aswell physical date in the next few days or week.

Couldn't get my phone to log in! Medical passed aswell physical date in the next few days or week.

Did they say be in next few days? That be great if it was.. Will have to be in next two weeks won't it.. Which would leave a nice time before late October

Im just going on what I've heard it would have to be next week or so leave us with nice time for October

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Muggle24

You have to park a bit down from hq and walk up.. Not too far away.. And it took me about 2 hours.. But most of that time is waiting

Aw not too bad as long as there is parking close enough. Were you waiting with many people or were you given a slot and you were the only going through medical at the time ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

Muggle24 wrote: »
    Aw not too bad as long as there is parking close enough. Were you waiting with many people or were you given a slot and you were the only going through medical at the time ?

You wait in a room with a good few others and just wait until you're called. Most people are in and out with the doctor in 5 or 10 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Polo14

Just got an email this evening, physical the 15th September!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ef123

Passed my medical today, I'm delighted. Just not sure when I'll get the physical now.

Polo14 wrote: »
    Just got an email this evening, physical the 15th September!
    when did you have your medical?

Nah they just said HRM will be in touch.. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks will have physical

Did you bring anything up with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

What do candidates have to bring for stage 3?

• Advertisement

Did you bring anything up with you?

No man just yourself.. You up tomorrow?

No man just yourself.. You up tomorrow?

I sure am, Up at 9.30. ðŸ˜

I sure am, Up at 9.30. ðŸ˜

Good man.. You'll be grand.. Let us know how you get on! Hopefully be seeing ya at physical

• Registered Users Posts: 48 cilldara podge

ef123 wrote: »
    Passed my medical today, I'm delighted. Just not sure when I'll get the physical now.

I passed my medical last week and I emailed HRM yesterday about my physical because I'm away for 2 weeks in September. They were very considerate and helpful and she gave me a provisional date for September 29th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

mycro89 wrote: »
    What do candidates have to bring for stage 3?

All explained within the instructions that were issued.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

D Trent wrote: »
    All explained within the instructions that were issued.

Perfect,
    Thanks.

How quick after passing your medical did you get your PCT dates?

How quick after passing your medical did you get your PCT dates?

Its sad I only passed Medical yesterday and am already checking emails to see if I have gotten a PCT date haha

Just out of medical now. the lady at reception said she will have an accurate idea of dates tomorrow as she will be contacting then this evening.so maybe someone here going tomorrow can ask? She did say it'll be in the next few weeks starting this month anyways.ðŸ˜

Just out of medical now. the lady at reception said she will have an accurate idea of dates tomorrow as she will be contacting then this evening.so maybe someone here going tomorrow can ask? She did say it'll be in the next few weeks starting this month anyways.ðŸ˜

Passed Peter yeah?? They could be all finished today are they? And once they are finished they will send out dates? Around the 15th sounds perfect to me

Passed Peter yeah?? They could be all finished today are they? And once they are finished they will send out dates? Around the 15th sounds perfect to me

Yea passed. no they're still going on till next week anyway according to the doctor.

Yea passed. no they're still going on till next week anyway according to the doctor.

Ah I see.. Well hopefully early next week we will have a date.. Have you met Sgt and Super yet?

I rang the HR today and they said they didn't have a date yet and that I would be contacted by email. Surely they could give a vague idea!

Ah I see.. Well hopefully early next week we will have a date.. Have you met Sgt and Super yet?

Not a word, you?

Not a word, you?

Not one.. Wrecking my head ha I know one of the lads in the local station and he said he is gonna check it out for me so hopefully will hear soon

• Advertisement

Not one.. Wrecking my head ha I know one of the lads in the local station and he said he is gonna check it out for me so hopefully will hear soon

I've met the Sgt but still no word from my Supt that was two weeks ago and the Sgt said the Supt would ring me sometime the following week as he was on holiday

I've met the Sgt but still no word from my Supt that was two weeks ago and the Sgt said the Supt would ring me sometime the following week as he was on holiday

I'm hoping with the Electric Picnic and Ploughing Championship they're too busy and will get around to it soon

Lets hope so.. Hoping that we are in line for October

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

Well I imagine any delays are due to shortness of staff and especially with weekly reports of Gardaí being attacked and subsequently out sick to recover...

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/garda-undergoes-facial-surgery-after-vicious-assault-by-youths-31499543.html

"One of the officers was released yesterday afternoon after treatment for a broken nose, while the second officer underwent surgery to his face last night to treat a broken jaw."

And of course the incident in Balbriggan last weekend were one Garda had his hip crushed and 3 others also injured...

Well I imagine any delays are due to shortness of staff and especially with weekly reports of Gardaí being attacked and subsequently out sick to recover...

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/garda-undergoes-facial-surgery-after-vicious-assault-by-youths-31499543.html

"One of the officers was released yesterday afternoon after treatment for a broken nose, while the second officer underwent surgery to his face last night to treat a broken jaw."

And of course the incident in Balbriggan last weekend were one Garda had his hip crushed and 3 others also injured...
    Crazy stuff! Im just off the phone with him and it looks like I am way down the list of the Sgt that is dealing with recruits so be probably December for me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

jwm85 wrote: »

Think it's obvious what our views would be, but I myself am focusing on the bigger picture and expecting to face some very tough first years in what will hopefully be a long career with long term benefits/opportunities to outweigh the initial bumpy road.

If the rent allowance or accommodation was re-instated or provided it would be a huge relief but I would not expect anything and even if something was to be done it would not be anytime soon.

I mean look at the housing crisis in Dublin, they knew there was a lack of rental properties for students and nothing has been done there and students are deferring for a year or taking their second offers as the reality of studying in the city is just not a realistic option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

had a deferred result in my medical due to BMI.

In getting that for the next stage is going to be tough, my rugby career is really going to struggling. i'll be the skinnest hooker out there soon!

slingerz wrote: »

In getting that for the next stage is going to be tough, my rugby career is really going to struggling. i'll be the skinnest hooker out there soon!

Well if they're going to be targeting the pimps like they say they are there will be very few hookers left :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 ciaran1818

Deferred for 8 weeks due to the diabetes. Bit of a kick in the stones after such an anxious wait but thats the hand im dealt now. May just wait unless anyone has a pancreas going handy?
    Feck it anyway

ciaran1818 wrote: »
    Deferred for 8 weeks due to the diabetes. Bit of a kick in the stones after such an anxious wait but thats the hand im dealt now. May just wait unless anyone has a pancreas going handy?
    Feck it anyway

Ah sorry to hear.. Will it get any better in 8 weeks or is that the end do you think?

slingerz wrote: »

Have you much to lose to get below 30? It can be done. I got the same, 3 month deferral. Lost 10kg and passed the medical yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ciaran1818

Ah sorry to hear.. Will it get any better in 8 weeks or is that the end do you think?

Its already perfect. They still need to refer to my consultant (even though I have a letter from himself giving all necessary details). I'm the first diabetic entering since they lifted the blanket ban in 2008 according to Diabetes Ireland, so they're really playing it safe around me ha.
    Bye bye 2015s intake anyway.
    Ill suppose ill have to see some of yee in a station rather than templemore ;)

slingerz wrote:

I lost a stone in two weeks before my medical to get my bro down! It can be done!!!

Bmi*

• Advertisement

ciaran1818 wrote: »
    Feck it anyway

Sorry to hear that lad, at least you get to go again

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lassy66

Just out of curiosity, for anyone who has already done the medical, how strict are they on the dental side of things?

Lassy66 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, for anyone who has already done the medical, how strict are they on the dental side of things?

They look in your mouth if there's any problems you'd be pulled up on it

Lassy66 wrote: »

I have a few fillings that I need to get and they didnt say anything.. They literally look in your mouth for about 3 seconds

Can anyone tell me what are the stages involved in vetting? I'm waiting on my PCT date but I'm just wondering what's the stages are for vetting ect seeing as some are still waiting for there's to come back before they can start.
    Hopefully the PCT is out this week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement