Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

Can anyone tell me what are the stages involved in vetting? I'm waiting on my PCT date but I'm just wondering what's the stages or vetting ect seeing as some are still waiting for there's to come back before they can start.
    Hopefully the PCT is out this week.

It's the vetting process from your form B, gets started once you have passed the interview stage and PAS send your file on to HRM. There seems to be delays in the garda vetting department which is possibly from the increased demand for Garda vetting for people working with kids, and also host families for foreign students this year were having to be garda vetted. There are also hundreds of new civil servants starting this year which also get garda vetted... So I imagine that only people who were in the reserves will be more likely to see a quick result from their vetting.

I've heard that if you lived/worked abroad or have aunt's and uncles abroad that can delay it also.

My HR manager in my current job in the civil service says that the vetting normally takes up to 14 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

Ah ok so it starts when you pass interview? Haha to much thinking on a Sunday evening waiting for my PCT date. I just got thinking what was taking your vetting so long and if I could be delayed. Got me wondering what they were checking

Ah ok so it starts when you pass interview? Haha to much thinking on a Sunday evening waiting for my PCT date. I just got thinking what was taking your vetting so long and if I could be delayed. Got me wondering what they were checking

Yea... well there's also the low staff numbers, I mean I've family throughout the country so they could be waiting for a short staffed station to get back to them... it's all speculation and I'm trying to expect nothing and not get my hopes up but that's easier said than done!!

Yeah at this point it's hard not to get hopes up for October intake.
    Most of my family live within a certain area and few abroad who rarely come home to Ireland.
    I was just curious as to what could delay it coming back

Still no PCT date. . Going mad checking emails haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

Still not PCT date. . Going mad checking emails haha

Im the same ha Really need to relax and just chill I think though.. I assume we will get dates this week just a matter of patiently waiting haha

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

I have my medical Thursday, so I assume we'll all get the PCT date(s) at the same time since we're in the same group, so it will probably be Friday at the earliest or next week before we get dates for the PCT.

Yeah I'd imagine it will have to be this week.
    Waiting on the call from Supt to. All references contacted and Sgt met

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Muggle24

Meeting the super this week. What do they go through in this meeting does anyone know ?

Muggle24 wrote: »
    Meeting the super this week. What do they go through in this meeting does anyone know ?

When you meet your Sgt? Basically the same thing

• Advertisement

When you meet your Sgt? Basically the same thing

Do they go contacting references for a 2nd time and go through form b again ?

It's a more formal meeting than with the sergeant, but covers the same topics etc, but your references only get contacted the once, at least mine were only rang the once.

It's a more formal meeting than with the sergeant, but covers the same topics etc, but your references only get contacted the once, at least mine were only rang the once.

So basically form b is gone through again ?

Muggle24 wrote: »
    So basically form b is gone through again ?

No sorry they just go over why you want to be a garda again and mine asked what I wanted to do when I made it on the force and as I don't know any gardai he tried to gauge how informed I was of the job etc. and to be honest he was surprised at how much I knew and really didn't have much to ask me and so it ended up with me asking him more questions than he asked me!

No sorry they just go over why you want to be a garda again and mine asked what I wanted to do when I made it on the force and as I don't know any gardai he tried to gauge how informed I was of the job etc. and to be honest he was surprised at how much I knew and really didn't have much to ask me and so it ended up with me asking him more questions than he asked me!

Oh ok perfect. Basically another interview. Thanks for the help !

Still no dates 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 13 GalwayGirl91

ollieo wrote: »
    I would guess that you are still in Band 1 Group 5 , who's OOM starts at 737, you just did a later interview than most in this group.

Happy to see you got through, I remember you saying you had to appeal one of the verification tests!

Thanks a million! yes thankfully I got the appeal and now waiting for my medical on Tuesday :) thanks for the reply with advice of the fitness too I have started, as you're defo right, it probably is going to be soon as I've waited no time to get my interview and the results and medical!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 GalwayGirl91

Lassy66 wrote: »
    I did my interview last Tuesday and the woman from Garda recruitment told me that because the vetting takes so long that if all went well it would definitely be after Christmas before I start in templemore and there would be no chance of making the October intake... Passed the interview so have to knuckle down now for the fitness! At least if it's going to be after Xmas, it will give us more time to prepare for the fitness, God knows I'll need as much time as possible! Well done to yourself too, couldn't believe it when I seen the email last night!!

Congrats on passing the interview!! Ya I defo think our fitness will be way sooner than I had hoped as I have a lot of hard work to do especially for the beep test! Have u got your date for the medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 cilldara podge

I was told by someone today that a friend of theirs got accepted to templemore today and is starting in 3/4weeks. Any truth in this? I didn't think offers would be out already?

• Advertisement

I was told by someone today that a friend of theirs got accepted to templemore today and is starting in 3/4weeks. Any truth in this? I didn't think offers would be out already?

Really cant see there being much truth to that but you never know

Sounds like ****e were all waiting for PCTs firsts

There's a few of us waiting on news but there's normally phone calls from HRM first a few weeks before offers go out and there has been no word of phone calls from HRM never mind any actual offers so I'd take that with a huge pinch of salt.... could be wrong but would be out of nowhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

Sounds like ****e were all waiting for PCTs firsts

There are over 100 applicants who have completed their Medicals and PCTs back in May and June who are still waiting to start.

jwm85 wrote: »
    There are over 100 applicants who have completed their Medicals and PCTs back in May and June who are still waiting to start.

Yeah I know that but sure there will be more going in and deferrals ect. I can't see any offers out yet

Well the lad who supposedly got the offer did his medical last month!

• Advertisement

Well the lad who supposedly got the offer did his medical last month!

And when was his pct done? Could it be he only got a call from HRM enquiring if he would be able to start in 3/4 weeks if his file was ready?

As HRM started those kind of calls a month or so before the July intake too....

And when was his pct done? Could it be he only got a call from HRM enquiring if he would be able to start in 3/4 weeks if his file was ready?

As HRM started those kind of calls a month or so before the July intake too....

That could be it so! I'll find out more!

That could be it so! I'll find out more!

Cool, thanks!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Got a Provisional Date of the 22nd for Physical so they must be on next week and week after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 ef123

Got a Provisional Date of the 22nd for Physical so they must be on next week and week after

Did they contact you by email?

Did you get an email mate?

Yea they normally do 3-4 weeks in a row of them judging by previous rounds of physicals etc

ef123 wrote: »
    Did they contact you by email?

No I contacted them as I am going away soon and they just said we will give you a provisional date of the 22nd.. So thats perfect.. Just gotta wait for the confirmation email now which should be sent soon

No I contacted them as I am going away soon and they just said we will give you a provisional date of the 22nd.. So thats perfect.. Just gotta wait for the confirmation email now which should be sent soon

Oh thank god I never refreshed my email so much in all my life. So they're sending the emails soon?

Oh thank god I never refreshed my email so much in all my life. So they're sending the emails soon?

Hopefully.. Dont quote me though haha I am just going on what was said to me :)

Hopefully.. Dont quote me though haha I am just going on what was said to me :)

Ah man you nearly gave me a heart attack checking my emails

Ah man you nearly gave me a heart attack checking my emails

Haha ah be grand.. Id say you will get a date around the same time soon.. Mine isnt confirmed anyway its just a provisional date

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Sonas123

Just got an email PCT the 15th

Haha ah be grand.. Id say you will get a date around the same time soon.. Mine isnt confirmed anyway its just a provisional date

I'm mad to get my date soon I've 2 weddings coming up. Hopefully there emailed soon

• Advertisement

Sonas123 wrote: »
    Just got an email PCT the 15th

Not too far away!! When you do Medical?

Not too far away!! When you do Medical?

The 25th of August strange first email came @11.30 and they emailed again @12 saying they have yet to receive confirmation from me...

The 25th of August strange first email came @11.30 and they emailed again @12 saying they have yet to receive confirmation from me...

Thats strange.. Wonder what that means

Thats strange.. Wonder what that means

**** it its confirmed now, just have to pass it now

**** it its confirmed now, just have to pass it now

hahah Good Stuff! You ready for it?

hahah Good Stuff! You ready for it?

Should be alright, never got to the open day so im a bit in the dark about it

Ah you didnt miss too much.. Its very doable

PM me if you have any questions!

PM me if you have any questions!

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 ef123

Cheers
    my biggest problem with the physical is going to be the sit ups. I'm 30 so I only have to do 32 but I'm struggling to get them done within a minute. Everything else should be fine. Any tips?

Advertisement