Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

heldel00 wrote: »
    Have been looking elsewhere for an answer but someone here will be able to give me a definite one.

Do you need Irish for the guards anymore? I.e: if a child gets an exemption from Irish in primary school will it have repercussions if they wanted to join guards?

You need 2 languages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

English obviously being one of the two languages yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

heldel00 wrote: »
    English obviously being one of the two languages yeah?

Yes you need English and a second language

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

Anyone have a link to download the Loughborough test?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭milo101

Anyone have a link to download the Loughborough test?

For some reason boards won't let me attach the link???? I found the link on this thread though but it's closer to the start!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ef123

milo101 wrote: »
    For some reason boards won't let me attach the link???? I found the link on this thread though but it's closer to the start!

You can get the bleep test app on iTunes or playstore

ef123 wrote: »
    You can get the bleep test app on iTunes or playstore

Not the same test. I want to be sure ! Could you pm me the link?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ef123

The one I have starts at 8km/h and then goes to 9km/h after one beep and half a km/h more after each beep. That's how the Loughborough test works, I hope! I had to change it in the settings to start at 8

Not the same test. I want to be sure ! Could you pm me the link?

Have you not already been practicing it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Bit off topic but does anyone know if the current recruitment will continue into next year? I've been hearing a new competition will be starting for next year?

Have you not already been practicing it??

I have I was practicin from an online one and now I can't find it.
    As regards a new comp I doubt it I'd said clearing band one and 2/3 will give 500

• Registered Users Posts: 13 GalwayGirl91

Running around the house like a headless chicken, local station just rang asking could I come in in an hour to meet super and sergeant!! Any tips?! What do I need to know?! Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭milo101

Running around the house like a headless chicken, local station just rang asking could I come in in an hour to meet super and sergeant!! Any tips?! What do I need to know?! Thanks in advance!

They just go through your form, ask a few questions, why you want to be a guard etc, where would you like to be located (anywhere) , mine was really informal, both really nice 5- 10 mins! Dress smartly! Asked who I hung around with, friends from school!
    Best of luck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

Salthill Station?

I got the call earlier this morning, met Sergeant and Super today, both were really nice.

They sent me forward, you'll be fine.

milo101 wrote: »
    They just go through your form, ask a few questions, why you want to be a guard etc, where would you like to be located (anywhere) , mine was really informal, both really nice 5- 10 mins! Dress smartly! Asked who I hung around with, friends from school!
    Best of luck!!!

Thanks million! It went fine he was really nice, I was in there for about half an hour and it flew! Now roll on medical and physical!! :)

• Advertisement

ollieo wrote: »
    Salthill Station?

I got the call earlier this morning, met Sergeant and Super today, both were really nice.

They sent me forward, you'll be fine.

I'm Tuam!
    Ya it went really well it was basically like a chat! When is your medical or have you it done?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Peter2.0

Is there anyone who hasnt heard from Sargent or PCT yet?

Peter2.0 wrote: »
    Is there anyone who hasnt heard from Sargent or PCT yet?

Haven't heard from sgt yet Peter.. HRM said I should have by now and if I hear nothing by next week to give them a ring.. I would ring them Monday morning

Haven't heard from sgt yet Peter.. HRM said I should have by now and if I hear nothing by next week to give them a ring.. I would ring them Monday morning

I've met my Sgt and had references checked but not met Supt yet I rang to inquire and got no real answer only it'll be sorted he should have contacted you a few weeks ago and must have forgotten so we'll see by Monday or I'll have to ring again
    I hate to feel or them to think I'm annoying them the Sgt said he just must have forgotten.

• Advertisement

I've met my Sgt and had references checked but not met Supt yet I rang to inquire and got no real answer only it'll be sorted he should have contacted you a few weeks ago and must have forgotten so we'll see by Monday or I'll have to ring again
    I hate to feel or them to think I'm annoying them the Sgt said he just must have forgotten.

Havent heard diddly. No references contacted either.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Corkrunner35

Peter2.0 wrote:
    Havent heard diddly. No references contacted either.

Maybe contact HRM Monday and just check in make sure all is ok with your application would do no harm I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

I'm Tuam!
    Ya it went really well it was basically like a chat! When is your medical or have you it done?

I passed my medical, Thursday, waiting on PCT now.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Muggle24

Does anyone know in regards to the training allowance how long we will be on it for. We wouldnt receive any additional allowances or expenses should we be successful, is that right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Corkrunner35

Training allowance is for 32 weeks then the pay scale and all other allowance kick in.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Muggle24

Training allowance is for 32 weeks then the pay scale and all other allowance kick in.

What allowances do the trainee garda get ?

Muggle24 wrote: »
    What allowances do the trainee garda get ?

Same as a regular gard.. Nights weekends etc

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

And the wait continues . . . . :confused:

jwm85 wrote: »
    And the wait continues . . . . :confused:

For what?

For what?

To be called for October

• Advertisement

jwm85 wrote: »
    To be called for October

I heard start date of 26th so few weeks wait yet

I heard start date of 26th so few weeks wait yet

Where'd you hear 26th?
    19th was also speculated on here

From a friend in templemore? Anyone here ever have the Sgt ring for more details on your form B? I'm not sure what it's in relation to as he was happy with it at the time?

When ya think they will start calling people? Getting close now.. I have PCT tomorrow provided I pass would love to be looking at October

When ya think they will start calling people? Getting close now.. I have PCT tomorrow provided I pass would love to be looking at October

I say the end of the month ! HRM were on to me that my file hadn't come from local HQ. Turns out they want to ask me more about something or forgot to ask something so I've to meet the Sgt again before I can meet Supt

I say the end of the month ! HRM were on to me that my file hadn't come from local HQ. Turns out they want to ask me more about something or forgot to ask something so I've to meet the Sgt again before I can meet Supt

Strange one.. When you meeting Sgt again?

Strange one.. When you meeting Sgt again?

End of this week sometime? Very strange I thought especially when he was fine to send it on before? I'm at a lose as to what it could be?

End of this week sometime? Very strange I thought especially when he was fine to send it on before? I'm at a lose as to what it could be?

Ah im sure its nothing major.. Do let us know what happens.. Killing me having not got it done yet ha

Ah im sure its nothing major.. Do let us know what happens.. Killing me having not got it done yet ha

I'll let you know how it goes. It was killing me wondering why I hadn't met the Supt yet. HRM said they were still waiting for my file to come back from local so I'm not sure.

• Advertisement

I'll let you know how it goes. It was killing me wondering why I hadn't met the Supt yet. HRM said they were still waiting for my file to come back from local so I'm not sure.

I can only assume and delays in these sort of things means forms are sitting on peoples desks and just not getting done haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

I can only assume and delays in these sort of things means forms are sitting on peoples desks and just not getting done haha

Not to mention how short staffed the stations are too!

Not to mention how short staffed the stations are too!

It's a mix of short staffed stations, holidays different duty times for Sgts and Supts causing confusion and some lack of details in forms

It's a mix of short staffed stations, holidays different duty times for Sgts and Supts causing confusion and some lack of details in forms

Im gonna have to ring HR tomorrow and see what the story with my application is ha

Im gonna have to ring HR tomorrow and see what the story with my application is ha

I'd ring asap if I was you. They're very helpful on the phone so I'd ring

Would it be bad to phone my super to shed some light on the situation?

• Advertisement

I'd ring asap if I was you. They're very helpful on the phone so I'd ring

Yeah I am gonna give them a ring tomorrow I think

Yeah I am gonna give them a ring tomorrow I think

Just rang HQ the girl said they're sending reminds to all stations as we speak and should have some news by the end of the week,

Just rang HQ the girl said they're sending reminds to all stations as we speak and should have some news by the end of the week,

Good man Peter.. Lets hope so.. Get a date for PCT yet?

Good man Peter.. Lets hope so.. Get a date for PCT yet?

Nope end of the week I'm told

Nope end of the week I'm told

Prob still be the 22nd ya just wont get as much notice as the other lads.. Mines tomorrow

• Advertisement
Advertisement