Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭milo101

Are HQ Able to tell u over the phone if your vetting is done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

milo101 wrote: »
    Are HQ Able to tell u over the phone if your vetting is done?

Yes, I rang earlier and mine is all done and ready to go! :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

Ah good woman!! Thats great news :)

Ah good woman!! Thats great news :)

Ah I am so delighted :D So now it's a numbers thing to wait and see if they reach my number on the OOM for October or not!

Ah I am so delighted :D So now it's a numbers thing to wait and see if they reach my number on the OOM for October or not!

Course they will!! Youre sorted :) Say your delighted after all the waiting ha

Course they will!! Youre sorted :) Say your delighted after all the waiting ha

Yea if I don't make October then I'm definitely in for the next intake after so once these offers come out (I imagine October 2nd the absolute latest) I'll not have any more waiting which is such a relief :D

Yea if I don't make October then I'm definitely in for the next intake after so once these offers come out (I imagine October 2nd the absolute latest) I'll not have any more waiting which is such a relief :D

Savage :) God I hope now that I get a call from Sgt in the next few days ha Its cutting it tight

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

They wouldn't tell me anything last time I rang :confused:

Savage :) God I hope now that I get a call from Sgt in the next few days ha Its cutting it tight

Don't worry have faith, the waiting as awful as it is only makes it all the better :o

Don't worry have faith, the waiting as awful as it is only makes it all the better :o

Well I have one more test to do so provided I pass that I will be on the straight and narrow haha

• Advertisement

God I cannot type! I was trying to say as awful as the waiting is it makes the news all the better when it does finally come along!

Happy days so!
    I rang there, nothing back yet, I met Sgt. and Super about 3 weeks ago but they haven't got anything back from my local Garda station, getting nervous now!!

To be fair I met my sergeant and inspector back in May and passed my medical in May and PCT in June so this is likely why mine is back now :)

To be fair I met my sergeant and inspector back in May and passed my medical in May and PCT in June so this is likely why mine is back now :)

Oh good stuff ur just waiting on a date so! Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Peter2.0

Prob still be the 22nd ya just wont get as much notice as the other lads.. Mines tomorrow

Best of luck lad, hope it's not the 22nd not a hope of getting off work next week.

Prob still be the 22nd ya just wont get as much notice as the other lads.. Mines tomorrow

Best of luck tomorrow Will! and enjoy the day there was a great atmosphere the day I did mine :) Everyone rooting for each other to pass :)

My vetting is completed! They said when a decision is made on my file they will contact me

jwm85 wrote: »
    My vetting is completed! They said when a decision is made on my file they will contact me

Ah that's great! To be honest it sounded like mine was only recently completed as she kept me on hold a few times as she was checking through it!

Peter2.0 wrote: »
    Best of luck lad, hope it's not the 22nd not a hope of getting off work next week.

Cheers guys.. I feel confident.. Hopefully goes my way now :)

• Advertisement

Yeah best of luck!!

jwm85 wrote: »

Deadly.. Say your delighted! :) so what ya reckon be prob first week of October for offers wouldn't it.. Really can't see my file being ready for then

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

Deadly.. Say your delighted! :) so what ya reckon be prob first week of October for offers wouldn't it.. Really can't see my file being ready for then

I can't see mine being ready for October now with my delay but who knows might be

• Registered Users Posts: 13 GalwayGirl91

Best of luck, you'll fly it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Muggle24

Yes, I rang earlier and mine is all done and ready to go!

Woohoo :)

Physical done and dusted :D now it's just a long ass wait for a call haha

• Advertisement

Good stuff! Well done..
    Question, did you arrive in track suits or what way is it worked! I'm so worried bout push pull !!

Well done! Bet you're only delighted it's done :) how was the turn out / pass rate?

milo101 wrote: »
    Good stuff! Well done..
    Question, did you arrive in track suits or what way is it worked! I'm so worried bout push pull !!

Yeah roll up in tracksuit.. And get changed into shorts and the like when it's your turn to go.. Turn out was about 35.. 5 didn't/couldn't turn up for whatever reason.. Only know of one definite fail.. Girl only got to about level 3 on beep.. I think another girl failed push pull too but can't be certain

Turn out was about 35.. 5 didn't/couldn't turn up for whatever reason.. Only know of one definite fail.. Girl only got to about level 3 on beep.. I think another girl failed push pull too but can't be certain

Yea was about the same in mine... level 3 on the beep... must have been reasons why she couldn't train for it injury/illness maybe...

Ah the push pull is harder for girls and those of us who are short, but both of them will have a repeat option in 3 months if needs be!

Any talk from the staff down there as to numbers etc or dates in October?

Yea was about the same in mine... level 3 on the beep... must have been reasons why she couldn't train for it injury/illness maybe...

Ah the push pull is harder for girls and those of us who are short, but both of them will have a repeat option in 3 months if needs be!

Nothing from staff at all.. One lad said he knows people who have been offered a date of the 19th.. But I dunno how much truth to that there is

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm starting to get very nervous, beep should be ok, push ups and sits up I hope I'm doing them right, just starting to freak a little I suppose! 😭

Nothing from staff at all.. One lad said he knows people who have been offered a date of the 19th.. But I dunno how much truth to that there is

Ah cool... back to patiently waiting so! :rolleyes:

Many going down the 22nd? Mad to get it done!

Yeah roll up in tracksuit.. And get changed into shorts and the like when it's your turn to go.. Turn out was about 35.. 5 didn't/couldn't turn up for whatever reason.. Only know of one definite fail.. Girl only got to about level 3 on beep.. I think another girl failed push pull too but can't be certain
    Congrats Will, do they get a chance to do a retest?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Corkrunner35

Physical done and dusted now it's just a long ass wait for a call haha

Good stuff! Yep it's join the queue time then ha ha

Sorry lads quick question anyone ever get a call to clarify something on their form B such as family ect?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Maria79

What does the test consist of and what is the push pull your taking off??

Maria79 wrote:
    What does the test consist of and what is the push pull your taking off??

Maria just google Garda pct and you can see videos of all the test

Maria just google Garda pct and you can see videos of all the test

Just be wary of the video of the sit ups. Some of these videos are not official videos. The guy doing the sit ups in one of the videos is not doing a full sit up and is not accepted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 CT15

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how much notice they got for their physical?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Muggle24

Physical done and dusted now it's just a long ass wait for a call haha

Well done :)

CT15 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone can tell me how much notice they got for their physical?

12 days to be exact for me anyway

I have 2weeks off work now only did medical last Thursday so prob be awhile yet heard there was physicals on the 22nd was hoping to get call for then

I have 2weeks off work now only did medical last Thursday so prob be awhile yet heard there was physicals on the 22nd was hoping to get call for then

I done my medical in the 3rd still waiting on a date, HQ said something this week dates will be given.

I rang them today and the fella said once they have dates I'd be notified I jus hope not waitin ages I'd say they already have the numbers for the October intake

CT15 wrote:
    I rang them today and the fella said once they have dates I'd be notified I jus hope not waitin ages I'd say they already have the numbers for the October intake

Reckon it all depends in where in your OOM you are seems people early in them get most notice as they will complete Medicals first etc. Shouldn't be too long though

Reckon it all depends in where in your OOM you are seems people early in them get most notice as they will complete Medicals first etc. Shouldn't be too long though

Yeah hopefully not was a few deferrals on the day of my medical so hopefully that speeds things up this waitin game is killin me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lovelyleitrim

Anybody have any idea at all where the oom starts for the next intake, I know that there are people waiting on the call and there in the 500's

Anybody have any idea at all where the oom starts for the next intake, I know that there are people waiting on the call and there in the 500's

I have no idea Does that go by your BT number ?

• Advertisement

I have no idea Does that go by your BT number ?

What's a BT number? Your OOM is order of merit which was given after interview.
    Last intake started at 457 but there may have been people waiting before that too.

Advertisement