Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 CT15

jwm85 wrote: »
    What's a BT number? Your OOM is order of merit which was given after interview.
    Last intake started at 457 but there may have been people waiting before that too.

Your batch number when I did medical I took note of mine
    If it starts from 457 I'll be waiting awhile so 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

CT15 wrote: »
    Your batch number when I did medical I took note of mine
    If it starts from 457 I'll be waiting awhile so 😡

It started from 457 in July. Approx 100 started in July. But I think there may have been more waiting before that too. So next intake officially starts from approx 557

It started from 457 in July. Approx 100 started in July. But I think there may have been more waiting before that too. So next intake officially starts from approx 557

Oh really and there's only 150 starting in October! And they have started to call on band 2 now which I find weird if they have still so many from band 1! Have you done medical/ pct yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

Really? I am 553.... And trying not to get my hopes up for October just in case but my file is all ready to go...

Oh really and there's only 150 starting in October! And they have started to call on band 2 now which I find weird if they have still so many from band 1! Have you done medical/ pct yet?

Well they've called band 2 forward because it can be a long enough process to go through all the stages so they need to have them ready. I'm sure band 1 is nearly finished. Did my medical and PCT back in May/June

• Advertisement

Really? I am 553.... And trying not to get my hopes up for October just in case but my file is all ready to go...

Sorry I didn't mean officially. I mean theoretically! :-)
    Well that's just my mathematics on it anyway!!

What's your OOM CT15?

Sorry I didn't mean officially. I mean theoretically! :-)
    Well that's just my mathematics on it anyway!!

Well there's only been 400 from the oom to make it down to the college so far so I'm technically 153 now..... but the oom is only people who passed interview, so I am hoping that ill just make the list for October if they take 125/150 down.... if they do another intake of 100 I may miss out just barely...

• Registered Users Posts: 19 daithi72222

Anyone know the actual date for when the October class start ?

Anyone know the actual date for when the October class start ?

It's either the 19th or 26th...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Peter2.0

Got a date for the Pct 29th! Both excited and nervous don't know if I'm ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

Peter2.0 wrote: »
    Got a date for the Pct 29th! Both excited and nervous don't know if I'm ready.

Good Man Peter!! Dont be worrying youll fly it.. Once you do a bit of prep theres no problem

Just got my Pct date for 29th as well feeling nervous

Just got my Pct date for 29th as well feeling nervous

Dont worry you will fly it.. Have you been practicing?

Dont worry you will fly it.. Have you been practicing?

I've been practicing the press ups they were my downfall I've been doing personal training the last 4weeks so I've worked on that now the bleep test doesn't bother me as I'm quite fit it was jus upper body so I although I'm nervous I feel confident just hope nothing happens in meantime

I've been practicing the press ups they were my downfall I've been doing personal training the last 4weeks so I've worked on that now the bleep test doesn't bother me as I'm quite fit it was jus upper body so I although I'm nervous I feel confident just hope nothing happens in meantime

Press Ups was were I was struggling too and ended up getting 30 on the day.. Was delighted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 upmayo2015

Hi just a quick query,

Finally managed to get access to an indoor basketball court.

My score is better indoor than it is when I Practice it outdoor. I'm starting to doubt myself now as my outdoor score isn't as good but unfortunately I have to practice it outside as well as inside.

Anyone else find this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Curiouslad23

upmayo2015 wrote: »
    Hi just a quick query,

My score is better indoor than it is when I Practice it outdoor. I'm starting to doubt myself now as my outdoor score isn't as good but unfortunately I have to practice it outside as well as inside.

Anyone else find this?

It makes sense for your outdoor score to be worse it could be you're not on completely level surface or the dampness on the ground hinders your traction! I found it the same but if you are nearly reaching your target or reaching your target outside you'll breeze it indoor

It makes sense for your outdoor score to be worse it could be you're not on completely level surface or the dampness on the ground hinders your traction! I found it the same but if you are nearly reaching your target or reaching your target outside you'll breeze it indoor

Cheers im not the fittest person but I am quite fast and strong so hoping will be ok... I was 4 shuttles off target outside today...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Curiouslad23

Cheers im not the fittest person but I am quite fast and strong so hoping will be ok... I was 4 shuttles off target outside today...

you'll be fine if you're that close trust me on the day the adrenaline will definitely push you to the finish! Best of luck bud

• Advertisement

you'll be fine if you're that close trust me on the day the adrenaline will definitely push you to the finish! Best of luck bud

Cheers. Thanks for that.

Hi just a quick query,

Anyone else find this?

I haven't been actively involved in any sports for a while and wouldn't have considered myself to be fit.
    I also trained outside on concrete for the beep test and only ever managed to hit my target once before the PCT.
    Just do the beep test everyday and you'll slowly get better and better. Same goes for press ups and sit ups.
    On the day you'll feel more driven and should hit your targets.
    I passed my PCT in June.
    Best of luck!

Cheers mate. Just hoping now all will be ok... Think I'll do it on the day! Best of luck to everyone. Nice to see such a positive bunch...
    I haven't been actively involved in any sports for a while and wouldn't have considered myself to be fit.
    I also trained outside on concrete for the beep test and only ever managed to hit my target once before the PCT.
    Just do the beep test everyday and you'll slowly get better and better. Same goes for press ups and sit ups.
    On the day you'll feel more driven and should hit your targets.
    I passed my PCT in June.
    Best of luck!

So everyone... Should you guys with everything finished be expecting a phone call next week? About 3 weeks notice? Sounds about right

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ef123

I'm up on the 29th aswell. Should be ok. I'm running 5k in 25 minutes flat, was fit to pass the beep test about three months ago and I have maintained my fitness since. I will give it a try tonight and see how I go. I was worried about the sit ups but have been practicing and did the 32 in 56 seconds yesterday so I'm relieved now. Just hope I'm doing them right!

ef123 wrote: »
    I'm up on the 29th aswell. Should be ok. I'm running 5k in 25 minutes flat, was fit to pass the beep test about three months ago and I have maintained my fitness since. I will give it a try tonight and see how I go. I was worried about the sit ups but have been practicing and did the 32 in 56 seconds yesterday so I'm relieved now. Just hope I'm doing them right!

Keep your hands at your temple and make sure your shoulder blades hit the ground and sit up fully towards your knees.

But as mentioned here before the adrenaline on the day itself helps you too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Get Real

So everyone... Should you guys with everything finished be expecting a phone call next week? About 3 weeks notice? Sounds about right

I hope so! But its hard to tell if they'll reach my oom when you consider vetting, those who are still waiting from the last batch etc. Im high 600s oom and have all stages done. How you feeling about your prospects?

Get Real wrote: »
    I hope so! But its hard to tell if they'll reach my oom when you consider vetting, those who are still waiting from the last batch etc. Im high 600s oom and have all stages done. How you feeling about your prospects?

Yeah it really just is a guessing game really isnt it.. Ive everything done bar the meeting with the Sgt and Super which I should hopefully be doing late next week according to a good source :) But yeah I have a feeling I would be cutting it too tight.. I reckon prob December for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Get Real

Yeah it really just is a guessing game really isnt it.. Ive everything done bar the meeting with the Sgt and Super which I should hopefully be doing late next week according to a good source :) But yeah I have a feeling I would be cutting it too tight.. I reckon prob December for me

Well as long as we get in at some stage I dont mind. Its just waiting for the call now.
    Hope a new campaign isnt announced too soon!

• Advertisement

Does anyone have a link for the Loughborough shuttle test I haven't practised it as I feel I'm confident enough about it but seeing some people write about not reaching the mark I'm a bit worried?

Get Real wrote: »
    Well as long as we get in at some stage I dont mind. Its just waiting for the call now.
    Hope a new campaign isnt announced too soon!

Exactly.. We are in all we need is a date.. Its some feeling!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Muggle24

CT15 wrote:
    Does anyone have a link for the Loughborough shuttle test I haven't practised it as I feel I'm confident enough about it but seeing some people write about not reaching the mark I'm a bit worried?

Download the beep test app !

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ef123

I hope I pass the physical and get into the October intake, im 461 in the OOM but I had a medical deferral so don't know if my OOM will get me in this time or not. 29th September for the physical, is that too late?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Corkrunner35

CT15 wrote:

On iPhone I used BT Free app, it's the 20m MSFT beep test an it was the right one

On iPhone I used BT Free app, it's the 20m MSFT beep test an it was the right one

Yeah me too.. Except the one that you will actually be doing will be less laps that that so if your getting the score you need on that you should defo get it on the day

• Advertisement

Has anyone here had to defer their PCT and how long was it before you got another chance?

Has anyone here had to defer their PCT and how long was it before you got another chance?

You normally have to wait about 3 months Peter to go back and do it again.. But if you are really close to the mark you can contact HR and try and get a date sooner.. But down there they said around 3 months

You normally have to wait about 3 months Peter to go back and do it again.. But if you are really close to the mark you can contact HR and try and get a date sooner.. But down there they said around 3 months

Sorry Will I meant to defer the whole thing altogether, I'm after injuring my leg physio reckons I won't be ok for the 29th not sure what to do.

Sorry Will I meant to defer the whole thing altogether, I'm after injuring my leg physio reckons I won't be ok for the 29th not sure what to do.

Ah s**t!!! I think with regards to that you can give them a ring and they will try fit you in to the next batch of Physicals they will be doing.. Give them a ring and see.. What happened ya?

I got a strain while out on the bike on Monday but I kept going, was fine until yesterday now it's progresovely getting worse, to where I can barely walk. Like I hope I'll be fine for the 29th but just want to see what's the best thing to do.ig I could get a later date it would be better than risking a fail.

• Advertisement

I got a strain while out on the bike on Monday but I kept going, was fine until yesterday now it's progresovely getting worse, to where I can barely walk. Like I hope I'll be fine for the 29th but just want to see what's the best thing to do.ig I could get a later date it would be better than risking a fail.

Ah thats brutal.. Ring and see do they have any later dates.. And see how youre feeling closer to the time if not

Ah thats brutal.. Ring and see do they have any later dates.. And see how youre feeling closer to the time if not

Not the most helpful phone all, all I got was send them and email with my report and that's it. Don't know I'd nearly risk the 29th like,

Not the most helpful phone all, all I got was send them and email with my report and that's it. Don't know I'd nearly risk the 29th like,

If its a strain I would be just rehabing it to bits over the next few weeks and going for it.. When you actually break it down you will only be doing physical exercise for about 15 mins when ya go down

They tend to do Physicals every 3 months at least that is how it has been done... and they do 1 month of them each time so the 29th is likely the last one for 3 months.... On the day you sign a form declaring yourself fit enough to do the test...
    so you could always try do physio and hope to be recovered in time and if not sure ring PAS the day before saying the injury didn't recover as expected so you need to defer..?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

I'm still waiting on a date for the PCT, are many others still waiting?
    My OOM is in the 800's.

And another week of waiting begins!
    Let's hope offers are out this week.
    Although maybe they're waiting until all PCT's are done

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Collielover

And another week of waiting begins!
    Let's hope offers are out this week.
    Although maybe they're waiting until all PCT's are done

Well maybe offers will go out when they have the numbers so it'll be this week if they get their numbers but if they don't have the numbers they'll try get them out next week, would love for offers to go out this week! Fingers crossed anyway!!

Well maybe offers will go out when they have the numbers so it'll be this week if they get their numbers but if they don't have the numbers they'll try get them out next week, would love for offers to go out this week! Fingers crossed anyway!!

I wish I would get the call from the Sgt and go down and meet them and I would then have everything done.. Just want it all to be finished and me be ready to go ha

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭milo101

Physical tommorow! Any last tips?? Getting nervous and atartig to doubt my push up form etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

Physical tomorrow and woke up yesterday with a chest infection and aches FML...
    I'm just going to empty the tank tomorrow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement