Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

Physical tomorrow and woke up yesterday with a chest infection and aches FML...
    I'm just going to empty the tank tomorrow.

I had a pounding headache the day of mine.. You just gotta look at it is you are there for a short period of time and could mean you getting a job for life so just give everything you have

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

I had a pounding headache the day of mine.. You just gotta look at it is you are there for a short period of time and could mean you getting a job for life so just give everything you have

Yeah exactly as a Sgt in the army used to say during training remember lads it's going to end sometime so give it your all

Yeah exactly as a Sgt in the army used to say during training remember lads it's going to end sometime so give it your all

Good Luck today Everyone!! Let us know how you get on

All passed!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Corkrunner35

All passed!

Good stuff no stopping you now!

All passed!

On the straight and narrow now :) How ya find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭milo101

Passed!! Woo hoo

Found it fine. All done and dusted now just wait now

Found it fine. All done and dusted now just wait now

Which is the hardest bloody part in my opinion haha

• Advertisement

Pure killer is the waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Peter2.0

Pure killer is the waiting

All in all is it easier or harder than you would have thought beforehand? How much time is there between the bleep test and sit-ups?

Peter2.0 wrote: »
    All in all is it easier or harder than you would have thought beforehand? How much time is there between the bleep test and sit-ups?

You get about 15-20 Mins between doing beep and push ups and sit ups Peter.. Hows the rehab going?

You get about 15-20 Mins between doing beep and push ups and sit ups Peter.. Hows the rehab going?

Got to level 8 last night, leg on fire and was hard to do sit-ups after with it, but if I have that long between I reckon I can stretch out enough. Do you run on your own?

Got to level 8 last night, leg on fire and was hard to do sit-ups after with it, but if I have that long between I reckon I can stretch out enough. Do you run on your own?

Ah you should be fine so.. If youre getting near enough with injury I wouldnt worry.. No you run in a lane of 8 people and as soon as you hit the number you need you fall off

Ah you should be fine so.. If youre getting near enough with injury I wouldnt worry.. No you run in a lane of 8 people and as soon as you hit the number you need you fall off

8 running at once is it?

• Advertisement

8 running at once is it?

Yeah.. Will be about 40 people and you are in groups of 8

So what happens now, do u get an email to confirm you passed PCT ?

milo101 wrote: »
    So what happens now, do u get an email to confirm you passed PCT ?

Nope your sent on your way and wait wait wait ha

Nope your sent on your way and wait wait wait ha

Anyone any idea when offers are out or the phone call for availability?
    A Supt came over to me yesterday to see how I was doing, telling me don't look so nervous you'll be fine. He then said he didn't know who was going into October or December still being sorted. When the physical is done and you passed your free to go either leave or take a shower. All that was said to me was well done congratulations and HRM will contact you in due course.
    Another instructor just.said well done see you soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Collielover

Anyone any idea when offers are out or the phone call for availability?
    A Supt came over to me yesterday to see how I was doing, telling me don't look so nervous you'll be fine. He then said he didn't know who was going into October or December still being sorted. When the physical is done and you passed your free to go either leave or take a shower. All that was said to me was well done congratulations and HRM will contact you in due course.
    Another instructor just.said well done see you soon.

Offers went out on June 30th for the July intake that went in on the 27th of July... That is the equivalent of offers going out yesterday for a start date of October 19th... Read into that as you wish...

• Advertisement

Offers went out on June 30th for the July intake that went in on the 27th of July... That is the equivalent of offers going out yesterday for a start date of October 19th... Read into that as you wish...

Talking to a trainee yesterday and she said there's no date set as they need to move out and haven't being told also reading week on 26th of October so they don't think we'd go down when they're not there?

Talking to a trainee yesterday and she said there's no date set as they need to move out and haven't being told also reading week on 26th of October so they don't think we'd go down when they're not there?

Yea it's anyone's guess but they may have to push the start date back because of the struggle for numbers alright! more time to save :)

True enough could be November so. Ah well I'm sure we'll know soon

Yea it's anyone's guess but they may have to push the start date back because of the struggle for numbers alright! more time to save :)

Looking like November then lads.. Suits me perfect although I would say It may be a lil while for me.. I am so much more relaxed about it all now though.. I know its happening its just a matter of when :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sgtgerryboyle

Hey, just a quick question. For ye guys waiting for the next intake, what range is yer oom? Cheers

Looking like November then lads.. Suits me perfect although I would say It may be a lil while for me.. I am so much more relaxed about it all now though.. I know its happening its just a matter of when :)

Induction 27th with training starting 02 Nov!

Induction 27th with training starting 02 Nov!

Saw that man.. Good luck in the college! Hopefully I won't be too far behind ya!

Hey, just a quick question. For ye guys waiting for the next intake, what range is yer oom? Cheers

It's anywhere from 400's to 800's.. I'm 750's

Saw that man.. Good luck in the college! Hopefully I won't be too far behind ya!

No offers out yet did you get a email today as well? Im still playing the waiting game also

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

My rough calculations:

OOM starts at approx 453
    Apparently there were approx 80 waiting before that
    Approx 100 started in July and they're apparently taking 150 before the year is out so they should approx reach 623

I'm only speculating

• Advertisement

No offers out yet did you get a email today as well? Im still playing the waiting game also

No not today.. Still waiting on sgt to ring me.. Ah the email is as good as really isn't it? :) what did the email say exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mc Garnigle

Has there been emails sent out with offers??

Has there been emails sent out with offers??

No offers yet. Just asking people IF they get called how much notice does their employer need

jwm85 wrote:
    No offers yet. Just asking people IF they get called how much notice does their employer need

jwm85 wrote:

Feck it anyways..Vetting still mustn't be back😣

Feck it anyways..Vetting still mustn't be back😣

Give them a ring and see

Give them a ring and see

I rang yesterday and they said they couldn't tell me anything that they weren't allowed! Rage! It's so hard not knowing what's going on, I doubt I'll get November anyway, hopwfully next batch will be jan or feb.

Yeah couldn't tell me either. Done medical/physical/superintendent back in June and oom early 500's so must be vetting...feckn ragin

Yeah couldn't tell me either. Done medical/physical/superintendent back in June and oom early 500's so must be vetting...feckn ragin

Have u many abroad for ur vetting? You never know though, I doubt they rang everybody yesterday so fingers crossed!!

jwm85 wrote: »
    My rough calculations:

OOM starts at approx 453
    Apparently there were approx 80 waiting before that
    Approx 100 started in July and they're apparently taking 150 before the year is out so they should approx reach 623

I'm only speculating

There are guys in The College who were in 500s oom.

• Advertisement

There are guys in The College who were in 500s oom.

There may have been some people who's vetting came back quicker than other so they would jump the queue ie: reserves or people with few relatives etc

• Registered Users Posts: 25 pp1401

Can any1 remember how many shuttles in level 1 of the beep test and how they progress upwards

pp1401 wrote: »
    Can any1 remember how many shuttles in level 1 of the beep test and how they progress upwards

Can't remember but it's the Loughborough test.

6 shuttles in level 1

• Registered Users Posts: 25 pp1401

jwm85 wrote:
    Can't remember but it's the Loughborough test.

Can you send me the link for it if you have it.

Can you send me the link for it if you have it.

I downloaded it as an app. BT Free I think it's called.
    Or just google Loughborough Shuttle test and you'll find links with the breakdown

• Advertisement

jwm85 wrote: »
    There may have been some people who's vetting came back quicker than other so they would jump the queue ie: reserves or people with few relatives etc

True but I'd reckon they broke the 500 mark though with medical fails, deferrals, pct fails and re tests, vetting delays and fails, people withdrawn or did not attend fitness tests etc taken so far they took in 400 to date your figures are allowing that all the above were approx 11% of the OOM. I reckon it would be 20-30% failure/withdrew/did not attend and then the deferrals at each stage also.

Again this is only all speculation and hopefully we will hear properly within the next few weeks!

True but I'd reckon they broke the 500 mark though with medical fails, deferrals, pct fails and re tests, vetting delays and fails, people withdrawn or did not attend fitness tests etc taken so far they took in 400 to date your figures are allowing that all the above were approx 11% of the OOM. I reckon it would be 20-30% failure/withdrew/did not attend and then the deferrals at each stage also.

Again this is only all speculation and hopefully we will hear properly within the next few weeks!

I agree plenty have possibly declined the offer for better alternative offers from civil service or even the private sector and then people who failed medical or physical, and of course deferrals for personal reasons too...

Although I do hope offers are out by next Friday...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bluebonbon

I GOT MY EMAIL!!! ðŸ’႒ðŸ’႒ anyone else?

bluebonbon wrote:
    I GOT MY EMAIL!!! Ã႒°Å¸â€™á‚’Ã႒°Å¸â€™á‚’ anyone else?

Same here see you below!!

bluebonbon wrote: »
    I GOT MY EMAIL!!! ðŸ’႒ðŸ’႒ anyone else?

BOOM!!!! I'm in!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement