Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

bjmully wrote: »
    The interview group, which probably doesn't mean a lot at this stage, when you complete the medical and fitness?
    Vetting is main thing I reckon.. You defo December then I would say anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bjmully

Yea I'm sure it's the next batch, but never know when that'll happen, you waiting long to meet the super?

Yea I'm sure it's the next batch, but never know when that'll happen, you waiting long to meet the super?

Haven't even met Sgt ha have everything completed since the 15th but no word yet even though meeting should have happened weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 48 cilldara podge

Physical in the morning......dreading the push-ups! My OOM is 720's and have everything done except the physical, so I'd be hoping to be in the Dec/Jan batch!

Physical in the morning......dreading the push-ups! My OOM is 720's and have everything done except the physical, so I'd be hoping to be in the Dec/Jan batch!

You'll be grand.. I was worried about them and flew them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 CT15

Are they strict on ur hand position I put mine a bit out in front so there not directly under my shoulders as I find it easier but I'm still getting down low enough and getting the 90 degree angle bend in the arms

Yea met a few last week who hadn't met the super and everything done, I must have been one of the lucky ones to have it all done and dusted! Awh the push ups aren't bad, it flies and helps having someone beside ya

CT15 wrote:
    Are they strict on ur hand position I put mine a bit out in front so there not directly under my shoulders as I find it easier but I'm still getting down low enough and getting the 90 degree angle bend in the arms

You do one in front of your instuctor and they'll tell you if they are happy with it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ef123

I'm in tomorrow aswell, hoping all goes ok. Came down tonight to save driving in the mmorning. Do you think they have filled the October batch already or will some of us from tomorrow's group get a call?

You do one in front of your instuctor and they'll tell you if they are happy with it or not

And you can rest in the push up position if needed, is that right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 CT15

And you can rest in the push up position if needed, is that right?

Yeah u can rest in push up position

ef123 wrote: »
    I'm in tomorrow aswell, hoping all goes ok. Came down tonight to save driving in the mmorning. Do you think they have filled the October batch already or will some of us from tomorrow's group get a call?[/quote
    October be defo full by now I'd say

Yea next batch def full by the look of things, just have to wait til next batch, prob early next year

ef123 wrote: »
    I'm in tomorrow aswell, hoping all goes ok. Came down tonight to save driving in the mmorning. Do you think they have filled the October batch already or will some of us from tomorrow's group get a call?[/quote
    October be defo full by now I'd say

The day that you did it, was there people taking a while to complete the push ups or was everyone on a par?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

Yea next batch def full by the look of things, just have to wait til next batch, prob early next year

I got 10 days notice before i started. Got my call the evening i did my fitness. I was only in the door about 30mins and i got a call so its hard to tell yet if it's too late or not.

Turbo T wrote: »
    I got 10 days notice before i started. Got my call the evening i did my fitness. I was only in the door about 30mins and i got a call so its hard to tell yet if it's too late or not.
    Where they defo saying batch in December in the college Turbo?

With the push ups, just take your time, no one will notice if your first to do it or last to do it as you'll have to complete the form with your instuctor,
    Well I have told my employer that I'm leaving for it but not sure when it will be, least it'll give me time to save as not paid for the first few weeks not in templemore we were told last week

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

When did you do Medical?

10th September

ollieo wrote: »
    10th September

Thats a while now.. They prob arent running Physicals again until closer the time of next batch.. They normally only run them for 3 weeks in a row then stop.. So might be that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

Thats a while now.. They prob arent running Physicals again until closer the time of next batch.. They normally only run them for 3 weeks in a row then stop.. So might be that

Maybe, I've asked was there anyone else waiting to get the call for the PCT to see if I'm the only one still waiting, everyone else who posts here and did medicals around the same time have done theirs.

The never ending waiting game continues.....

ollieo wrote: »
    Maybe, I've asked was there anyone else waiting to get the call for the PCT to see if I'm the only one still waiting, everyone else who posts here and did medicals around the same time have done theirs.

The never ending waiting game continues.....

Its brutal!! But at least you know youre nearly there and alot further than some other people.. I cant wait to have everything complete then I be happy with waiting ha

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Peter2.0

Down here now first half done, word on the street today is 50 entrants in January, PCT continued for October too.

Peter2.0 wrote: »
    Down here now first half done, word on the street today is 50 entrants in January, PCT continued for October too.

Good man.. Yeah? That is a crap number haha No word on December then?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭milo101

50 only?? I'll never get next batch then!

milo101 wrote: »
    50 only?? I'll never get next batch then!

Id be struggling to get near that myself I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Collielover

How's the leg treating you?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

What you mean PCT continuedfor October too?
    50 seem like a very low number. Judging by where the last class stopped I'd make the OOM but seems like a low number

50 seem like a very low number. Judging by where the last class stopped I'd make the OOM but seems like a low number

Where last class stop?

• Advertisement

There was some in the 730s that's less then 10-15 ahead of me.

There was some in the 730s that's less then 10-15 ahead of me.

Someone in the 730's got in? I heard someone in 730's got an email to see about availability but didnt get in for October.. Im the same I am not too far behind that myself but I would be doubtful of getting in in January if they are only taking 50

There a pct dates for October the first 2 weeks anyway.

Good man.. Yeah? That is a crap number haha No word on December then?

January was then th today anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭milo101

Someone in the 730's got in? I heard someone in 730's got an email to see about availability but didnt get in for October.. Im the same I am not too far behind that myself but I would be doubtful of getting in in January if they are only taking 50

If it's 730s I could have a chance but ild also be doubtful with deferrals etc! Wish we could just know what was going on!
    Who does the vetting btw, is it your local Garda atation after u meet the super or those it go to HQ

How's the leg treating you?

Good enough stretched out enough before and after tbh I think adrenaline just got me through. I hadn't done much last few days just out of fear.

• Advertisement

Good enough stretched out enough before and after tbh I think adrenaline just got me through. I hadn't done much last few days just out of fear.

Ah good man, good luck in the afternoon - go easy on the stairs and the fence just in case!

Ah good man, good luck in the afternoon - go easy on the stairs and the fence just in case!

Cheers mate I'm going a snails pace over them all, no need to risk anything.

Cheers mate I'm going a snails pace over them all, no need to risk anything.

Slow and steady wins the race!

Supt met all done and dusted waiting on the call now.

Supt met all done and dusted waiting on the call now.

Good man.. Get the call today?

• Advertisement

No last week was the only day he had time to meet. All sorted now anyway he said HRM were on to him to get a quick turnaround

No last week was the only day he had time to meet. All sorted now anyway he said HRM were on to him to get a quick turnaround

Good Stuff.. My god I want the call from the bloody Sgt.. Want it all done

Wonder what's the story for next intake

Wish I bloody knew!!

Wish I bloody knew!!

They tend to focus on the next intake then once they go down they look to the next one!

They tend to focus on the next intake then once they go down they look to the next one!

That would be mad if there was only 50 people in January and none in December

I reallt doubt it's only 50

It would be a very small intake alright - I'd be surprised if it was that.... the 141 and 142 intakes are due back in November and December to do more training though so this could be why the next intake has been pushed to January instead now....

It would be a very small intake alright - I'd be surprised if it was that.... the 141 and 142 intakes are due back in November and December to do more training though so this could be why the next intake has been pushed to January instead now....

What training? January is AGES away :( haha

What training? January is AGES away :( haha

First 34 Weeks of training is in Templemore then you get sent to your station for the work based training but you do return to Templemore for some more training before the completion of the 104 weeks training.

I felt the same about October when I didn't make July! Time flies trust me! (Specially as you will have Christmas in between!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement