If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UE48H6400 - Wall Mount

Options
  • 30-05-2014 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am looking for a wall mount for UE48H6400. (the new model)

I want it as flat as possible, but the cable and the bottom of the TV do stick out. Using a measuring tape I think I need a gap of 2cm from the wall to allow for these things.

I will be wall mounting on to plaster board. I want it as close to wall as possible.

What wall mounts can I use to give me 2cm gap that I can use with this TV. Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

I am looking for a wall mount for UE48H6400. (the new model)

I want it as flat as possible, but the cable and the bottom of the TV do stick out. Using a measuring tape I think I need a gap of 2cm from the wall to allow for these things.

I will be wall mounting on to plaster board. I want it as close to wall as possible.

What wall mounts can I use to give me 2cm gap that I can use with this TV. Thanks.
    Hi Lighyearsboi.

Have a little look at the new Sanus bracket:

Sanus VML5 which is priced at £49.95
    http://www.sanus.com/en_GB/products/mounts/vml5/

Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lightyearsboi

Hi I have had a look but it doesnt seem to be for dry wall.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi I have had a look but it doesnt seem to be for dry wall.
    Lightyearsboi,

that VML5 will work on a dry lined wall ( of course you should try to find a stud even if the TV is tight to wall to assure the mount is safe!) - it mentions drywall in the manual

http://www.sanus.com/assets/products/vml5/documents/VML5_manual.pdf

- it comes with a decent spacer pack which will allow you to offset the bracket uprights slightly off the TV is required - if you are stuck with connections at the rear of the TV - the same company do a superb HDMI cable with a super short body which really helps with on wall installs ( I've only discovered them and I'm now using them all the time and I also think that they are significantly better than the QED Profile HDMI in terms of quality)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-interconnects/sanus/element-2m/sanu-element-hdmi-2m

Keep us posted..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lightyearsboi

I'm in a new build apartment so there are no wood studs, only metal frame ones.

The HDMI cables are fine they are on the side, and the other 2 will be in a position were the hole will be made in the wall to drop the wires.

The A/C cable even though it is on an angle still sticks out 2cm and the bottom of the tv sticks out 1.7cm, so I need the wall bracket to be 2cm from the wall.

I cant see how much the on this mount the TV will be away from the wall by?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

There is no problem using the metal studs to secure the bracket ( they are at least as good as a timber stud and a damn sight easier to locate!) Some of the Sanus brackets even come with a studfinder which is really handy!

That bracket is a recommended Sanus bracket for flat on wall install ( they have a bracket finder on their website) and they are pretty reliable ( I've yet to find them make an error!) but if you are in trouble you can mount the spacers between the Tv and the TV element of the bracket and this will get you out of jail by taking the TV further out from the wall, however I dont personally think that this will be necessary in this instance...

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.