Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DigiWeb DSL WARNING

• 30-05-2014 11:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

After being fairly intermittent for several months, but not terrible, my DigiWeb DSL line stopped working completely about a month ago. It used to go down for a few minutes at a time then re-sync. Then it stopped completely. I spent a few hours trying everything, only to deem it was offline.

I immediately contacted DigiWeb, who said the issue was with Eircom and that it would probably take 5 days for Eircom to fix.

I can't afford to be offline for 5 days, so I contacted UPC, who set me up with one of their cable packages in less than 24 hours, speed testing at 200mbps downstream and 10 up. I was delighted, and figured I'd keep the DigiWeb line as my backup line.

A day later, eircom left me a voicemail telling me to contact DigiWeb to arrange an appointment because Eircom said needed access to my apartment during work hours. For obvious reasons, this can be tricky to arrange.

THEN:

9 Days ago I emailed DigiWeb to arrange this appointment, giving three days notice, proposing a time that would work for me. I got no reply at all apart from an automated message. Since then, I've sent a further 3 emails and haven't heard anything since. I dont want to spend half an hour on the phone waiting and in 2014, things like this should be possible by email.

So no reply in 9 days, from 4 emails in total, is just poor form. Not only this, but according to Twitter, other people are reporting something similar:

https://twitter.com/search?src=typd&q=%40Digiweb_Ireland

Fortunately, I have another broadband connection from UPC which has been great so far. But given how important our broadband connections are, I'm very dissappointed by DigiWeb.
    Tagged:

Advertisement