Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who pays for grass cutting landlord or tenant??

Options
  • 30-05-2014 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi guys, got a letter in the door a few night ago, the estate in which we am renting are looking for money for grass cutting, who should pay this landlord or the tenant? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

For your front/back garden the LL must provide equipment and then it is up to you to keep it in reasonable condition.

For the general estate - greens and such, I would think you can just ignore it if you are renting short-term. Let the landlord know about it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

It'll probably be up to the landlord. We got a similar letter and split it between us - €10 each for the year. The estate is well looked after and we all enjoy living somewhere that's looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Lexxie

We look after front and back we have our own lawnmower, we have been renting there for the last year and have signed up for another year, she is due to call in the next few days for the rent so I might just give it to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

We got the knock on the door about this too. Informed the lady that we were only renting and would not be paying and that we would inform the landlord. Landlord never stipulated in the lease agreement that this charge was to be covered by the tenants. I asked him specifically before we signed where there any management fees and he said no.

tl:dr - landlord pays

Advertisement