Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Typical neighbour issue.. terraced houses

Options
  • 30-05-2014 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi Everyone, my neighbour lives in the middle and has not got path beside building as others.
    There is special road(wide path) next to my fence instead, which follows to their back garden. My question is: What rights does they have? Can I use that space? Can they build small rockery gardens without any permission? I was playing with my little one there before...
    Please help! Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,898 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I don't quite get the layout here - does the path adjoin their house at all? More importantly, is it on your property file maps or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ressspi

MYOB wrote: »
    I don't quite get the layout here - does the path adjoin their house at all? More importantly, is it on your property file maps or not?

Yes, that path follows to their back garden gate. That's definitely not my property maps. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭housetypeb

It's not on your property map,it runs alongside your fence on their side, and you used to play there with your kids.
    Sound like you could have been trespassing on their property,and they put up a rockery to stop you.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,898 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Unless its own by the original developer / council after taking in to charge it is quite likely that they own it in that case, not you. Check the maps

Advertisement