Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop Pre Order Problem

Options
  • 30-05-2014 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

I pre ordered borderlnads 2 for my ps vita last week in gamestop i also paid it off in the spot when i pre ordred and was told come in next firday for your game as we will have your copy for you.

This is the 1st time i pre ordered something in gamestop since GTA5 witch i got in the waterford store no problems the day before the game was out.

So i went up today on my lunch from work to get the game and was told there is no game for me as they only got one copy in and that was for some one else who pre ordered before you. My reply was that shouldn't be a problem i pre ordered the game last week and i have never been told i can't have a game that i have pre ordered before. If i walked in i would not mind it but the fact is you never called me to tell me there was no game for me.

The girl walked off on me and said to her manager you deal with it. The manager said to me i get the game for you next week Tuesday. He was blaming head office for not sending him my copy of the game. My reply was i am not happy i was looking forward to playing this game today on my lunch and now your telling me i have to wait a few days for a game that i pre ordered if this amazon i would have waited as i have to relay on the post but pre ordered in a shop i expect it on release date and dont blame head office on not sending me a copy of the game. The fact is you should have called to tell me you didn't have the game for me and not make me have a agreement with you over your problem.

In the end i had to get a PSN code to buy the digital copy of the game but as i like to have my games boxed to be able to trade in at a later date. I wasn't offered to get this i had to ask for the PSN code (wasn't offered a refund for it even) as he said you should wait for your game.

The fact is ok i will get to play the game but i had to buy a digital copy to play it today when i pre ordered it in the 1st place as i wonted a boxed copy as the game is a huge download like 5GB on my 16GB PS vita card so i had to delate games to be able to play it today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭whippet

What is your question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Its just very bad customer service that i went up the shop and get told my pre ordered game is not there. No phone call to tell me they never got my game in.

Like you be angry yourself if you pre order something and they never got your game in and told you have to wait a few more days to get it.

I spoke with head office over the disappointment of not being told there is no game for me when i showed up in store. After i had it fully paid off ....

I am just mad they done notting about it for me then just telling me to wait a few days. AS i deal with the public every day and i have to bend over backwards for them to make sure there looked after as we had a few problems with other staff not looking after customers right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

What's the question, do you want a refund, do you want an apology, do you have any recourse?

If it was me, first I would have told the manager that it is unacceptable to have placed something on pre-order, pay for it and not be informed when it did not arrive in.

Get their name and contact head office. Explain the same thing to them, tell them it is unacceptable and you expect some sort of compensation. If they refuse or ignore you, tell them it is the last time you will purchase anything from them and will advise your friends of the same.

BoB_BoT wrote: »
    What's the question, do you want a refund, do you want an apology, do you have any recourse?

If it was me, first I would have told the manager that it is unacceptable to have placed something on pre-order, pay for it and not be informed when it did not arrive in.

Get their name and contact head office. Explain the same thing to them, tell them it is unacceptable and you expect some sort of compensation. If they refuse or ignore you, tell them it is the last time you will purchase anything from them and will advise your friends of the same.

I ended up getting the game after but i had to buy a digital copy with a PSN gift card. I wasn't offered this i came up with that. EG now i can never trade the game in. I got the game but not the way i wonted the game. I wonted a boxed copy not a digital copy.

I told the manager everything that you said. He doesn't care. But he understands why i am mad. There is notting he can do about it. I told him the story if some one comes into my place and i have one table for 2 different people i can't tell the other person come back another day to eat i will have to do something on the day and give them something for free for my mistake. He told me thats something total different witch in my view is not. I also told him do you not check your stock when it comes in ? to make sure something like this does not happen ?. He said no. I told him i have to check my stock all the time and if i dont have something that some one orders i will have to give him something for free because of my mistake to not re order a product.

I asked for the game for free with i dont think was that bad for there problem was told no as it was my problem that they never got it in as i was offered to to get the game in a few days time.

They missed up and head office where blaming me for it. The area manager refuses to speak to me over the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Well your comparison isn't the same.
    It would only be out of good will and to keep a good reputation (in your comparison) that you would give someone something free for double-booking a table. But you are under no obligation to provide anything, a booking without a deposit is not the same as booking / ordering something with a deposit paid.

In your case with Gamestop, you had paid a deposit (full payment) on the product, they broke the contract with you by not providing the product on the agreed date. In this case, you would be entitled to a full refund of the deposit paid. (I know you paid for it in full, but it would be classed as a deposit).

However, I'm assuming you used this "deposit" to pay for the PSN giftcard?
    You were not obligated to do so, you were entitled to a refund. If you were told you were not, you were lied to.

However, you mention, you suggested the PSN giftcard, so again I assume you suggested you pay for this with the deposit paid.

It would be out of goodwill that they give you something for the mixup, it is not an obligation for Gamestop or a legal requirement to give you anything as compensation. The goodwill gesture would be to preserve their reputation, however it doesn't seem like they're interested. What you now need to do is send them an email and tell them they have lost a customer due to how you were treated.

• Advertisement

Thay said no to the refund as I had paid the game off with a game gift the week before.

I wasint offered anything only to wait a few days to get the game or go to another store 40KM away to get it. I used my money from the pre order to get the digital copy as I wonted to play the game today and pay it during my breaks as I am working all weekend so I wonted something to do during it.

With using my money on a PSN gift card that was never broght up by the manager. As at 1st the girl who was looking after me and said to her boss you deal with it as I don't won't to do that is shocking service in my views. As I a person who works for me does thag they will get a Stong wording over it.

But the manger also sold a 18+ game to a none 18 year old who was before me I wonted to say something about it but I shut up as I know age range on games are up to retailer and has no legal say on like drink for me in witch I must ID people to make sure they are legal to drink.

Like I not be mad if they would have called 1st before I walked for 20 mins to go and get the game during my lunch

I was told the area manager will call me back and I never got a phone call at all for this problem. I will give them a call again on tusday to ask where is my phone call ?

I would post this story on there facebook page but they will just delete it and block me from there page.

But thanks BoB_BoT for your help with the problem.

Advertisement