Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do when moving address...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

BartoszP wrote: »
    Hi

I just moved to a new home. I'm still on contract with EI. Opened it when moved into a rented apt.
    I had day/night plan in the apt. The new house has been fitted with double tarrif meter when we bought it but its been replaced with the smart meter before we moved in.
    I tried moving house from my online account but the new house meter (after i fill out the new MPRN) shows up as 24h meter. Single tarrif?
    I want to keep 2 tarrrif. What should i do?
    Shall i do the house move and then switch to day/night via EI customer service or should i contact ESB first?

With kind regards
    Bartosz
    Hi Bartosz,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We recommend telephoning Electric Ireland Customer Service on 1850 372 372 to cover both the registration and enquire about the day/night meter, as Customer Service send the service order to ESB Networks for the change from 24-hour meter to day/night meter.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rklee

Hi

I closed my Electric Ireland account last month but I still have not received my refund for my left over deposit yet. I have tried emailing and filling up the online form but still have not gotten back any reply. How should I go about this issue? Thanks!

Hi rklee,

Thanks for getting in touch. Just private message me the Electric Ireland account number, the name, address, telephone number on the account, and state for GDPR/Data Protection that you were the account-holder.

Your message will go to all reps and one of us will assist you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭rossj

Please... my electricity is due to be cut off tomorrow 10th December,,

Thing is, Im a new tenant in this house, a house that had electric ireland beforehand, I switched to Energia & they must not have informed Electric Ireland yet as They dont seem to have registered me as  an Energia customer yet...

I dont understand as I gave my DD card details and the latest reading & the MPRN number and still have not received the postage they said they would send out some 9 or 10 days ago 

Im in Limbo & NEED to sort this now TONIGHT (Wed 9th Dec) before they turn it off tomorrow

PLEASE HELP or ADVISE

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

If you are moving to a new home but not immediately selling your current home how does this work in terms of Electricity bills? Can you have two accounts  in your name?

• Advertisement

Gael23 wrote: »
    If you are moving to a new home but not immediately selling your current home how does this work in terms of Electricity bills? Can you have two accounts  in your name?
    Hi Gael23,

Thanks for getting in touch.

You certainly can. When you move into your new home, register a new account here if choosing Electric Ireland.

And complete this form to close your account at the previous property when you move out.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement