Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best brunch in Dublin

Options
  • 30-05-2014 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if people have strong thoughts on the best place to get brunch and what to get. So far I've experienced both Juniors and Herbstreet and they were both amazing! Any other good ones to check out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭CyrilFiggis

Dillingers in Ranelagh is nice. Bit of a hipster-y crowd, but the food is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Moved to the Dublin City forum OP, you're more likely to get answers from Dublin based folk here!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 loudona

Dillingers in Ranelagh is nice. Bit of a hipster-y crowd, but the food is good.

Any particular dish you'd recommend? I know in herb street the mexican eggs with pulled pork is sensational.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Brother Hubbard on Capel Street is excellent, as is the Larder on Parliament St. Odessa beside Dame Lane has great food but the service isn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sassyj

Have been to San Lorenzo (Georges Street) recently, very nice menu, recommend the ham hock cakes , yum!

• Advertisement

Whitefriar Grill on Aungier Street. Huevos Rancheros there are so good. You'll need a reservation though, it's really busy for brunch.

Also - L'Gueleton food upstairs sitting in the sunlight in the No Name/Snail Bar. Brioche French Toast with bacon & fried bananas or the slow cooked beef sandwich are winners. Also, some fries on the side because they make seriously tasty fries.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

sassyj wrote: »
    Have been to San Lorenzo (Georges Street) recently, very nice menu, recommend the ham hock cakes , yum!

Really good actually, despite looking a bit worse for wear inside. Would recommend Super Miss Sue as well... Can't beat prosecco on tap for brunch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Whitefriar Grill on Aungier Street. Huevos Rancheros there are so good. You'll need a reservation though, it's really busy for brunch.

Also - L'Gueleton food upstairs sitting in the sunlight in the No Name/Snail Bar. Brioche French Toast with bacon & fried bananas or the slow cooked beef sandwich are winners. Also, some fries on the side because they make seriously tasty fries.

+1 to both of these, forgot to book Whitefriar for this weekend boo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Really good actually, despite looking a bit worse for wear inside. Would recommend Super Miss Sue as well... Can't beat prosecco on tap for brunch

Is it Busk shee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

Can't say I've noticed the inside being any worse for wear... is a cool NYC-style vibe imo...

OP, here's my fav brunch places in no particular order:
    - Dillingers
    - The Butcher Grill
    - 777 (Sundays only)
    - Lennox Cafe
    - The Table
    - San Lorenzos
    - Pepperpot (limited menu - but their scrambled eggs are my favourite)
    - Rigbys

Also most of those places you'll be able to walk in and get a table - very important! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭CyrilFiggis

loudona wrote: »
    Any particular dish you'd recommend? I know in herb street the mexican eggs with pulled pork is sensational.

Eggs Benedict - yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I love the Winding Stair for brunch. Great menu and the food is fab!

Pang wrote: »
    I love the Winding Stair for brunch. Great menu and the food is fab!

Ooh. I have only been here before for dinner, which was really great but we went back in Ye Olde Celtic Tiger days and eating there cost cost Lots which has turned me off going back ,had never thought of it for brunch. Might tempt my Mam to come visit and go try it out, brunch looking out at the ha'penny bridge would be lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Ooh. I have only been here before for dinner, which was really great but we went back in Ye Olde Celtic Tiger days and eating there cost cost Lots which has turned me off going back ,had never thought of it for brunch. Might tempt my Mam to come visit and go try it out, brunch looking out at the ha'penny bridge would be lovely

It's really lovely. My OH always gets the ribeye with the poached egg and hollandaise. The steak is so tender and succulent. We like to treat ourselves every bank holiday if we can.

It's definitely pricey enough but totally worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

American style pancakes served with fruit and yoghurt? That's my type of brunch - not a fried breakfast fan... Any of these places serve great pancakes?

The Bakehouse on the Northside quays near the ha'penny bridge did great, fluffy American style pancakes the last time I was there

• Registered Users Posts: 29 loudona

on_my_oe wrote: »
    American style pancakes served with fruit and yoghurt? That's my type of brunch - not a fried breakfast fan... Any of these places serve great pancakes?

When I was in Herbstreet they were serving stacks of american style pancakes, with bacon sausage and maple syrup, or smoked salmon and cream cheese, or fried caramel banana too!

Advertisement