Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NewChallenger

Options
  • 30-05-2014 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

HI guys,

I m Matt and I m gonna work in Dublin during all summer as a QA localisator. I ll arrive at the end of next week and I d like to know where the magic happens in Dublin ? ^^, where do u guys meet up ?
    I play SF4 since super edition, I would consider myself as a mid+ player :] and I d like starting on KoF13 seriously :)
    I m super excited about the Ultra release and I can't wait to meet u guys to have some blasts on Ultra together haha !
    See u guys !

ps: I m looking for a collocation so if anyone of u is looking for a roomate please PM me ! Otherwise would you know any website where I could be lookin for collocation ads ?
    Thanks !

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

MattGerd wrote: »
    HI guys,

I m Matt and I m gonna work in Dublin during all summer as a QA localisator. I ll arrive at the end of next week and I d like to know where the magic happens in Dublin ? ^^, where do u guys meet up ?
    I play SF4 since super edition, I would consider myself as a mid+ player :] and I d like starting on KoF13 seriously :)
    I m super excited about the Ultra release and I can't wait to meet u guys to have some blasts on Ultra together haha !
    See u guys !

ps: I m looking for a collocation so if anyone of u is looking for a roomate please PM me ! Otherwise would you know any website where I could be lookin for collocation ads ?
    Thanks !

Hi Matt!

We all meet up in a gaming centre called the XGC for casuals once or twice a week, although honestly it's been quiet lately (I suspect it'll pick up with ultra). There's a tournament organised for the 7th for it but sadly I will be in France...

It's on Liffey Street in the heart of Dublin.
    http://www.localmint.com/ie/xtreme-gaming-centre-lower-liffey-street-opening-hours-148

As for places to stay, you might want to check www.daft.ie, I think they have a renting section there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MattGerd

Hey Doctor Doom !

Thanks for your tips !
    I m supposed to land in Dublin the 7th haha, I ll might go directly to XGC :D I m from Paris by the way, are you going in France for vacation ? And it s alright you ll see, don't be sad ;)
    If you go to Paris, you d better try the Meltdown near Bastille and Arcade Street near Nation.

Peace !

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Welcome MattGerd!

We'll get some games in soon enough im sure. Keep an eye on the forum for weekly casuals threads.

Who do you play in AE?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

MattGerd wrote: »
    Hey Doctor Doom !

Thanks for your tips !
    I m supposed to land in Dublin the 7th haha, I ll might go directly to XGC :D I m from Paris by the way, are you going in France for vacation ? And it s alright you ll see, don't be sad ;)
    If you go to Paris, you d better try the Meltdown near Bastille and Arcade Street near Nation.

Peace !

It's not Paris I'm afraid, I'm visiting relatives in a small town called Lezay :)

We'd often be in Cannes though for the WGC. I had one very interesting night out in particular with Starnab one year :)

Hi Doyler01, thanks for the welcome :)
    I main Ibuki, I ve got a rusty Ryu with I ve started back then at the end of Vanilla's and I know normals and specials :D of a bunch of chars such as Fei, Rose, Sakura, Adon, Viper... Im not particularly attracted by any new chars though..maybe Poison :)
    And you ? Who do u play ?

@DoctorDoom,
    Wow cool ! I would have went to WGC for sure, but I have been living abroad in Montreal, Canada for the 3 past years !! So I don't know well the parisian fgc community :(
    I ve been to ROF3 lately but I saddly didn't attempt to the tournament for some reasons, I was there as a simple spectator but I ve been able to do some freeplay though and try USF4, was looking great !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar

Sup Matt
    Im the kid of our scene
    Hopefully we can have some games on the ultra day 0 tourny
    :)

Hi SuperChar !

Haha ! What you mean ? You play Ibuki or you re the Irish Beast ? Haha !
    Yep I m planning to arrive on Friday, I don't want to miss the event and the opportunity to get to know all of you :D

There was an event today in Paris, organized by Capcom at the Meltdown and we had the chance to play USF4 all day !
    I really had fun with Rolento and Poison, I tried at the end Elena but time was running out..

See you on next Saturday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

Hey Matt, I'm "new" to the Irish scene as well. Just got my stick so I'll be working on my rusty skills. I guess during the day 0 tournament I will mostly be a body bag to train on :P I'll bring my own console and will hopefully set it up for casuals after the tournament!

Hey Simon ! U re right to come in tournaments its the right way to improve your game ! haha i m just saying what i ve been told I m not a tournament veteran either :D Looking forward to meet u !
    See ya !

Advertisement