Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Build Ready] I have my parts selected. I'm not 100% sure if they're all compatible?

Options
  • 30-05-2014 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi! I'm building my first custom gaming PC. I have done a lot of research related to the compatibility of the parts I have selected, but I'm still not 100% confident as this is my first time. I'm buying them from Hardwareversand.de, which seems to be a trusted retailer for computer parts. My budget is around €700. Could someone with a bit more knowledge than me please look over these parts and spot any problems if there is any? Also, is this CPU-Cooler good for overclocking? The parts which I have selected are as follows:

Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0, ATX, AM3+

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200 1000GB, SATA 6Gb/s

CPU: AMD FX-8350 Prozessor, Boxed, Sockel AM3+

Graphics Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280 OC WindForce 3X, 3GB GDDR5, 1x DVI, HDMI, 2x mini-DisplayPort

RAM: 8GB-Kit G.Skill RipJaws-X PC3-14900U CL9

Power Supply: Thermaltake Berlin 630W

Case: Zalman Z11 Plus Midi Tower - schwarz, ohne Netzteil

CPU-Cooler: Scythe Katana 3

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Can't say much about compatibility but two things:

1. Your motherboard and case choices have no delivery date on hardwareversand so they might be out of stock.
    2. Run everything through Geizhals.de if you've not already when you're happy with the build. You might make some decent savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kraxed

I won't be buying this for another month or so, just finalising everything.. Is the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO better for overclocking than the Scythe Katana 3 (that I have listed)? In your opinion. Yeah I found out about that trick! I saved about €30! Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Redfox25

In a month the prices may have changed a bit too. Best thing is to start a new thread then and see what folks suggest.

Advertisement