Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Chinese Takeaway?

Options
  • 30-05-2014 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

Looking for the best Chinese take away in galway!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Chi if you want lovely food made from quality fresh ingredients.

China Garden are the best of the more standard style of greasy MSG laden food (still tasty).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Lukker- wrote: »
    China Garden are the best of the more standard style of greasy MSG laden food (still tasty).

Actually my vote would go to King Ding in rahoon which trumps China Garden imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Another vote here for China Garden if its the standard crapfest you're after. Pretty sure their leaflet says 'MSG Free' as well. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is no "best" but I like Curry House on Newcastle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Lukker- wrote: »
    Chi if you want lovely food made from quality fresh ingredients.

Is Chi still the same as when it was Da Tang, and just a renaming? Or is it completely different?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

We used to go to Emperor City on Dominick St because it was nearby, twas grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 whoops_jimmy

The Chinese in Barna do a very tasty shanghai duck and there's plenty of duck which is not always the case in other local Chinese

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Another vote here for China Garden if its the standard crapfest you're after. Pretty sure their leaflet says 'MSG Free' as well. :P

And then I bring it home & destroy it in arromat...shame on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭piscesgirl1

China town in newcastle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

I like emperer city.. It is tasty. They do lovely a prawn hot and spicy. It seems to be good value too.

I got a take away chi and expected good things from what I was hearing but the portion was embarrasingly small for the price of it.. Both our food containers were only filled just about half way and when they delivery man arrived at the door he hadn't a clue what we had ordered , he was just asking us for money, even though he was giving us some body else drinks!!

Another option is Asian Tea house - they have lovely take away food & its MSG free!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭GDSGR8

There's nothing wrong with msg, I don't get the hate for it. It makes things tastier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Golden rickshaw on Mary street is great.... For late nights on weekend but hot on bridge at is great with the Bain Marie :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement