Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why no attachments?

Options
  • 30-05-2014 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I had a previous account on Boards, but closed it because I felt someone I knew through work had realised who I was, so I closed that account and opened this one. Why can't I attach anything (even a photo) to any posts I make? I don't post an awful lot, and can't believe it's healthy for any discussion forum to encourage new members to spout offal just to get the magic 50. While I can appreciate you have to protect your website from attacks, restricting new (or returning) members doesn't always encourage them to come back.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This seems more like feedback than a Helpdesk issue. If there isn't a specific question, I'll move this over to feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

While I can appreciate you have to protect your website from attacks, restricting new (or returning) members doesn't always encourage them to come back.

So how would you prevent malicious users from signing up, posting obscenely offensive (and on occasion, illegal) material and then closing their accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meso Harney

I'd set a reasonable limit between 10 and 20 posts; I'm sure you can check you're own data; 50 posts is too much to retain an audience from the point you get their interest to engage. You have an interesting and spontaneous community at your fingertips; don't let the small few (and your reaction) take away from your site.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement