Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband evening speed issues - Eircom case suddenly closed with no resolution after

Options
  • 30-05-2014 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

I have had months of unusable broadband between 7pm and midnight. Even though the problem has not been solved the case has been closed. Why ?:mad:  

I am paying for 'unlimited broadband' on an NGB 'no congestion' exchange (.5 km away). 

Case ref. 81113661

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

ClonNGB wrote: »
    I have had months of unusable broadband between 7pm and midnight. Even though the problem has not been solved the case has been closed. Why ?:mad:  

I am paying for 'unlimited broadband' on an NGB 'no congestion' exchange (.5 km away). 

Case ref. 81113661
    Welcome to Eircom where they close off case numbers hoping to not hear from you again. They also take on extra customers in areas where they do not have the capacity in their exchanges and it might get upgraded years down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

yawhat! wrote: »
    Welcome to Eircom where they close off case numbers hoping to not hear from you again. They also take on extra customers in areas where they do not have the capacity in their exchanges and it might get upgraded years down the line.

I am in a very similar position. I think once you have been through customer services and there has been no satisfactory resolution the only hope is to refer the matter to comreg.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ClonNGB

After they closed the case I got a 'how did we do' customer satisfaction survey! Probably if the case is open over a certain number of weeks it affects someones bonus so that is why they get closed out of the blue. Needless to say I gladly filled in the survey ;) 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

You could always go for the jugular and cancel the direct debit. A neighbour of mine got a broadband deal with a satellite company, net something or other. Ends with a 1 if i remember correctly. Im not affiliated with them in any way but yer mans speed is very good and he is out in the shticks! Its all the one as far as a satellite is concerned i spose!

Advertisement