Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clearance for a stove

• 30-05-2014 5:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am just about to install a stove - heritage ashford 7.5 kw in my living room. It will only be used once in a while to heat the room. the stove is 46cm wide. Originally my builders were going to dig out a gap 90 cm wide in the fireplace for it but when they started it appears they can only manage 72cm due to the state of the chimney.
    This will only leave around 10cm each side of the stove once the plasterboard is in place. I know this is not within recommended spaces but my question is how much space can you get away with leaving. Some of the stoves on the Stanley website seem to have very little clearance around them, they are certainly no where near the clearance they themselves recommend.

If 10cm is way to little each side can anyone suggest a smaller stove with an airwash system - preferably that comes in black enamel.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jf123

Hi,

We have on occasion installed a stove in a similar situation when the customer insisted on doing it and almost every time it had to be changed afterwards.

The 90cm opening is ideal but if you go smaller all that will happen is the chimney breast will get very hot and there will be alot less heat into the room than would be expected.

You would be far better to consider an insert or cassette type stove, these are specifically designed to fit into the fireplace or chimney wall and have great heat output.

You can see some pics etc if you check my facebook page by searching for SaveEnergy247 or if you need anymore advice just ask.

Advertisement