Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Occupational therapy

Options
  • 30-05-2014 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hey there! Just wondering if there's anybody else on boards hoping to do occupational therapy?? There doesn't seem to be any interest in it this year in my school. I know that thats within a tiny filter bubble but I'm kind of hoping the points will dramatically drop due to low demand :B a girl can dream!!
    Also, if there are any OT's/ future OT's out there what route did you/ will you take? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mairead116

Hey!
    Ya points for occupational therapy has always been crazy! I think you should put it down as an option anyway. If you really want it you will push yourself for it. I'm applying as a mature student to NUIG. I have an interview for this Monday so fingers crossed I'm so nervous. After school I did a FETAC pre- nursing course and then went on to do Pharmacy Technician.
    Good luck in your exams!!

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Definitely have a look at doing UCAS as well, grade requirements for doing Health Science courses are more manageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 leavingcert problems

mairead116 wrote: »
    Hey!
    Ya points for occupational therapy has always been crazy! I think you should put it down as an option anyway. If you really want it you will push yourself for it. I'm applying as a mature student to NUIG. I have an interview for this Monday so fingers crossed I'm so nervous. After school I did a FETAC pre- nursing course and then went on to do Pharmacy Technician.
    Good luck in your exams!!

Best of luck with your interview, I hope it goes well for you!
    I must look into PLC's!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 leavingcert problems

jwcurtin wrote: »
    Definitely have a look at doing UCAS as well, grade requirements for doing Health Science courses are more manageable.

Thanks for reply! I've applied to UCAS and have two provisional offers! Requirements are still very high though, if I got the grades I'd nearly have enough points for it here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 E.Flan

Hi, I'm just wondering does anybody know if NUIG interview many mature applicants generally? I had an interview and I'm trying to weigh up my chances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Zubby101

Hi, I'm planning on doing OT as well but like I'm kind of concerned about whether there is a demand for OTs in Ireland. is there demand? and how would one specialize in hand therapy?

Advertisement