Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eric Bristow in Trim

• 30-05-2014 8:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭

Couldn't find a general chat thread here, just walked past The Trim Castle Hotel and seen this guy having a smoke, looked familiar, i stopped, turned round and said "Eric"

Was him alright, pretty surreal, and by the looks of him he's had a few fizzy drinks, over here for a friends wedding

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Richie Burnett was playing in The Judge and Jury last night.
    Wonder if Eric stopped in for a game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Richie Burnett was playing in The Judge and Jury last night.
    Wonder if Eric stopped in for a game?

He was?? Damn, didn't know anything about that or i'd have popped in.

Funny story about Richie Burnett, was working the front door of The Tivoli in Buckley about 10yrs ago, 4 guys came up at around midnight, recognised 1 as Richie, he was a bit hammered but because it was him i let him in, mates said they'd take care of him.

Ended up binning him 30mins later, puking all over the dance floor :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Maybe a good job you didn't go in and he recognized you for throwing him out!
    There is exhibitions there regularly enough with a lot of the top guys.

Maybe a good job you didn't go in and he recognized you for throwing him out!
    There is exhibitions there regularly enough with a lot of the top guys.

Not a hope he would have recognised me, he was twisted that night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

he was in xangos and then got a boardsmill in the castle takeaway i heard!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

You should have went inside Scud, looks like you could have met or reacquainted yourself with some other players

10341973_4298364473560_7996301476096431559_n.jpg

Wonder who was getting married then, must have been someone on the circuit, past or present

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I think I read on here than Bristow was at the O2 a year or two back hanging around posing for photos for 20 quid a pop. He went down in my estimation after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

scudzilla wrote: »
    Wonder who was getting married then, must have been someone on the circuit, past or present

It was Alan apparently :D Few pics came up on Brendan Dolan's facebook, I didn't recognise the groom but one of the pics said "Congratulations to Alan &...." Other pics had few more players(Merv King, Warriner Little)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

gramar wrote: »
    I think I read on here than Bristow was at the O2 a year or two back hanging around posing for photos for 20 quid a pop. He went down in my estimation after that.

He is doing that for years, he usually has the Embassy trophy with him. I think Deller does the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

gramar wrote: »

he wasnt getting many takers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

buster180 wrote: »
    He is doing that for years, he usually has the Embassy trophy with him. I think Deller does the same.

Maybe it's me but it seems fairly sad to be doing that for a couple of quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭DeadlyH83

It was an Irish darts exhibition promotors wedding

Advertisement