Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

possible moving house .not another contract

Options
  • 30-05-2014 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

In mid julyy 2013 I took ouT broadband and home phone. we then moved counTy in early jan 2014 and as I know this would automatically cause the account to be subject to a new 12 month contract starting in September. This is a problem as there is a significant chance that I may need to move to another county fOr work in 1 month  which would leave me with a massive bill for early termination.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are the following my only options?

1) Transfer the account to the new address and pay early termination charges for over 6 months of the contract.

2) Terminate my account before moving and pay 1 or 2 months early termination charges.Option 1 is not a runner, I'm not paying that much money for a few months of broadband at home. Option 2 may be my only way forward. Will Eircom offer me an alternative of transferring the account to my new address with no new minimum contract. If not, that is unfortunate as I want to keep paying over €50 per month to Eircom for their services. If Eircom doesn't allow me to avoid the minimum contract period when transferring to a new address, then they will lose out on at least that amount of money every month until at least the end of the year.Surely it'd be in both Eircom's interest and my own interest to allow me to transfer the account without being subject to a new minimum contract period. Is there anything the Eircom reps on here can offer me in this situation? I'd prefer to keep paying you €50 per month for at least a few extra months!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

In mid julyy 2013 I took ouT broadband and home phone. we then moved counTy in early jan 2014 and as I know this would automatically cause the account to be subject to a new 12 month contract starting in September. This is a problem as there is a significant chance that I may need to move to another county fOr work in 1 month  which would leave me with a massive bill for early termination.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are the following my only options?

1) Transfer the account to the new address and pay early termination charges for over 6 months of the contract.

2) Terminate my account before moving and pay 1 or 2 months early termination charges.Option 1 is not a runner, I'm not paying that much money for a few months of broadband at home. Option 2 may be my only way forward. Will Eircom offer me an alternative of transferring the account to my new address with no new minimum contract. If not, that is unfortunate as I want to keep paying over €50 per month to Eircom for their services. If Eircom doesn't allow me to avoid the minimum contract period when transferring to a new address, then they will lose out on at least that amount of money every month until at least the end of the year.Surely it'd be in both Eircom's interest and my own interest to allow me to transfer the account without being subject to a new minimum contract period. Is there anything the Eircom reps on here can offer me in this situation? I'd prefer to keep paying you €50 per month for at least a few extra months!

Hi petals rocks1

All account moves will involve a new contract of 12 months and accommodations cannot be made on specific circumstance I'm afraid. There would be no cancellation charge or early contract charge if indeed you did move service to another address however this will involve a renewal of contract by 12 months. I can understand that unforeseen situations occur however there is no option to make specific exceptions to existing terms & conditions even if it benefits both parties.

For more information please contact the cancellations and moving house department on free phone 1901

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭petals rocks1

Is there any cheaper options available. Paying 50 € a mth since dec 2013 and will be paying this amount til jan 2015. (Did get 6 mths for 35 €) 
    Any cheaper broadband for like 25 €

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Is there any cheaper options available. Paying 50 € a mth since dec 2013 and will be paying this amount til jan 2015. (Did get 6 mths for 35 €) 
    Any cheaper broadband for like 25 €

Hi petals rocks1

Changing packages or availing of further discounts will renew and extend your contract to 12 months from the day you avail of a discount or different package. If you wish to explore pricing please contact the loyalty team on free phone 1901 or sales on free phone 1800503303.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement