Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed

Options
  • 30-05-2014 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭

Hi, 

For the past year or so when I did a line test on my line via your online line test it came back as not being fibre enabled even though my next door neighbour is enabled.

Anyway, to cut a long story short. Last week one of your sales guys knocked on my door, his name was Eamon and I'm in the Arklow area. He was selling eFibre and told me I was able to get it even though on your system it said I couldn't. He said my line was "LEA" as it had been dormant for a long time (I have wireless Digiweb).

He told me all I needed to do was to order the ordinary DSL and once I had it I was to ring up and upgrade to the fibre, as easy as that.

Well not so. My new DSL modem arrived on Wednesday and I plugged it in and away she went. I phoned Eircom to upgrade to the Fibre but I was told by several of the telephone agents that I can't get it and that the rep was wrong to tell me that.

I have made numeours calls to Eamon the sales man without reply and I eventually got through to someone in through 1901 who was initially helpful and promised me a call back. I'm still waiting for him to call back.

So I'm basically left in limbo and no one knows what's happening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭eggy81

Welcome to hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

For the past year or so when I did a line test on my line via your online line test it came back as not being fibre enabled even though my next door neighbour is enabled.

Anyway, to cut a long story short. Last week one of your sales guys knocked on my door, his name was Eamon and I'm in the Arklow area. He was selling eFibre and told me I was able to get it even though on your system it said I couldn't. He said my line was "LEA" as it had been dormant for a long time (I have wireless Digiweb).

He told me all I needed to do was to order the ordinary DSL and once I had it I was to ring up and upgrade to the fibre, as easy as that.

Well not so. My new DSL modem arrived on Wednesday and I plugged it in and away she went. I phoned Eircom to upgrade to the Fibre but I was told by several of the telephone agents that I can't get it and that the rep was wrong to tell me that.

I have made numeours calls to Eamon the sales man without reply and I eventually got through to someone in through 1901 who was initially helpful and promised me a call back. I'm still waiting for him to call back.

So I'm basically left in limbo and no one knows what's happening.
    Hi fred funk }{

I'm very sorry to hear this. The best advice I can offer is to contact accounts on free phone 1901 and lodge a complaint. Once a complaint is registered an official investigation in sonducted within 10 working days.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement