Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furniture (re)upholstery service?

Options
  • 30-05-2014 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend a place in or around Galway city that does furniture upholstery? I've googled it and found a few places, just looking for personal recommendations or experiences from people and any idea of an approx price range?

My mother in law is dragging her sitting room out of the 80's in the coming weeks. Full refurb job, walls knocked, new doors, plastering, stove etc and also the (circa 2005) couch, two chairs and foot stool are being donated to us. They normally use their kitchen/sitting area hence the sitting rooom was neglected. Its a lovely suite of furniture, really really comfortable, hardly ever used, no rips tears etc but they have a horried floral type covering which needs to go.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Would you be willing to go as far as Craughwell? Have a good recommendation for a guy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭martin6651

There's a guy in Sandy Road near Galway BayFM cant remember his name at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

neemish wrote: »
    Would you be willing to go as far as Craughwell? Have a good recommendation for a guy there.

Ya no problem if the price was right and he does good work.
    martin6651 wrote: »
    There's a guy in Sandy Road near Galway BayFM cant remember his name at the moment.

Cheers I'll do some digging on that and see if I can find him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Cheers I'll do some digging on that and see if I can find him.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88585319&postcount=2082

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭iognaid

There's a top class upholsterer who goes under the name Carol. His workshop is in Barns /Furbo area. His work is top quality, and he is very reasonable.
    He lives in Salthill area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

iognaid wrote: »
    There's a top class upholsterer who goes under the name Carol. His workshop is in Barns /Furbo area. His work is top quality, and he is very reasonable.
    He lives in Salthill area

fyi, just googled him and his name is spelt Karol

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Advertisement