Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass unmarked grave for 800 babies in Tuam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

SeaDaily wrote: »
    Alright give me a minute and I'll make a post which includes each and every post of yours from this thread. I believe all of them are making excuses for the church and trying to deflect attention by saying that a full investigation hasn't been completed yet.

You find it strange that Christians believe in something when there is no evidence of it.
    Yet you believe I have been defending the Church and making excuses but can find no evidence of that.
    Oh the ironing!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    What it says to me is that the A&A forum despite its title is absolutely consumed with religion, no, Christianity, no, Catholicism and the regular posters on the Christianity forum couldn't give a toss about the atheists.

What it says to me is that the christians don't give a toss about the atrocities committed by their church.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Assuming the church had a part to play in this is hardly wild speculation...

A part to play in what though?....................................................................................................................let the speculation commence!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Would these 800 children have been better off if they had been aborted before birth??

A part to play in what though?....................................................................................................................let the speculation commence!

A part to play in the death of these children. Not sure what you're on about now tbh.

• Advertisement

What it says to me is that the A&A forum despite its title is absolutely consumed with religion, no, Christianity, no, Catholicism and the regular posters on the Christianity forum couldn't give a toss about the atheists.

They love, love, love a bit of religion here on A&A. can't get enough of talking about it.

You find it strange that Christians believe in something when there is no evidence of it.
    Yet you believe I have been defending the Church and making excuses but can find no evidence of that.
    Oh the ironing!

If you can't see an undertone of defence for the church in the comment of yours that I posted that I simply can't help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

What it says to me is that the A&A forum despite its title is absolutely consumed with religion, no, Christianity, no, Catholicism and the regular posters on the Christianity forum couldn't give a toss about children that died while in the care of the catholic church.

FYP

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

People in this forum realise what a utter mess the catholic church has made of thousand of lives in Ireland, because the catholic church once again ruined people's lives we again have a discussion thread about the church.

The lack of a large a meaningful discussion and lack of repeated calls by people who consider themselves catholic for people involved in these scandals to resign and for compensation payments to be made shows just how much they don't care about this scandal and others,

If Catholics really wanted justice they would pressure the Vatican to work with the UN on investigations, they would pressure the Vatican to apply pressure to orders who have not met their obligations on the compensation scheme. Refusal for the Vatican to do these things would result in Catholics boycotting church's.

Instead all we hear is the deafening sound of silence, silent prayers and forced apology's.

Would these 800 children have been better off if they had been aborted before birth??

Sad to say but yes.....probably would have been.

• Advertisement

They love, love, love a bit of religion here on A&A. can't get enough of talking about it.

Lol one of the biggest bible thumpers on the site practically lives in A&A. That's the thing about us atheist folks, we are not afraid to discuss things. Church, religion, magic sky fairies, primordial soup, it all gets discussed here.

Assuming the church had a part to play in this is hardly wild speculation...

Once again i do not now how where when or why the bodies arrived in the mass grave.
    If a crime has been committed I do not know who colluded in this crime, who withheld information who was involved in a cover up. If a cover up ever happened.
    You have no answers to any of these questions either.
    So any assumptions are wild speculation.
    Really, its not rocket science.

bumper234 wrote: »
    Lol one of the biggest bible thumpers on the site practically lives in A&A. That's the thing about us atheist folks, we are not afraid to discuss things. Church, religion, magic sky fairies, primordial soup, it all gets discussed here.

Of course! I like talking about religion, and this place is full of it.

If life were a Hollywood Rom-Com, A&A and the RCC would finally give in the flirtatious bickering and get married right about now.

bumper234 wrote: »
    FYP

Is it OK on A&A to change someone's post. I don't know but I'm going to find out now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Just reports of human remains in a mass grave in Tuam. We don;t know a whole lot more than that

Nonsense: the remains were discovered 40 years ago, and back then people knew no more than that.

But this is in the news because an historian has used record searches to show that 796 children died at the home and then disappeared, so now we know where the remains came from: they died in the Mother and Baby home and the Bon Secours nuns dumped them in an unmarked pit on the grounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Once again i do not now how where when or why the bodies arrived in the mass grave.
    If a crime has been committed I do not know who colluded in this crime, who withheld information who was involved in a cover up. If a cover up ever happened.

I own a creche that was known to have some issues. Years down the line someone finds the skeletons of children on the premesis. It would hardly be wild speculation if people thought I was involved.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its safe to say that the nuns had knowledge of the pit,
    Its safe to say that the nuns were also aware of the deaths
    Its safe to say that the nuns were aware of the abnormally high death rate
    Its safe to say that the nuns were aware that children died on malnutrition (they gave this information after all)

Unless you dispute these things and somehow believe that the nuns were not aware of all these deaths, high death rate and somehow somebody else put the body's into the pit?

The above is no more speculation then it is to say that the Vatican was aware of sex abusing priests and they provided the rules to move said priests around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭ryan101

2500 Irish kids are every year in the UK, I wonder where they are buried ?
    No outrage or calls for investigations about that.

You must be the only one who doesn't know in that case. Actually your friend I Heart Internet probably pretends not to know as well. What's it like living with your head in the sand?

ryan101 wrote: »
    2500 Irish kids are every year in the UK, I wonder where they are buried ?
    No outrage or calls for investigations about that.

Why would there be?

The women in question are acting out of free will and sound mind, the procedure is perfectly legal and the fetus doesn't suffer.

Keep your pro-life crap out of this thread and stop trying to draw attention away from the sickening acts of the catholic church,

• Advertisement

You must be the only one who doesn't know in that case. Actually your friend I Heart Internet probably pretends not to know as well. What's it like living with your head in the sand?

I didn't realise that you knew how the bodies arrived in the grave? Why the authorities don't even know at this stage!Don't keep us in suspense SeaDaily! If any family members of the dead children are reading hear I'm sure they're
    anxious to know too. How exactly did the bodies arrive in that grave?

Cabaal wrote: »
    Why would there be?

The women in question are acting out of free will and sound mind, the procedure is perfectly legal and the fetus doesn't suffer.

Keep your pro-life crap out of this thread

Not much he can say in reply to that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Is it OK on A&A to change someone's post. I don't know but I'm going to find out now.
    I was going to post you a private message, but you've asked publicly.

"FYP" means "Fixed your post" and people use it here and elsewhere to take the words that somebody has written, then change some of them (normally highlighting the changed words in some way, for example putting them in bold), so that the altered text means what the writer actually meant, or what they should have meant, or what the person who wrote "fyp" wanted them to say, or something variation on that.

"FYP" indicates that the posters words have been changed and by common convention, that's fine, once it's indicated clearly and once it's not done too often.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fyp

BTW, I've deleted your response as it's a personal comment made without the knowledge of what "FYP" means in an internet discussion forum.

I didn't realise that you knew how the bodies arrived in the grave? Why the authorities don't even know at this stage!Don't keep us in suspense SeaDaily! If any family members of the dead children are reading hear I'm sure they're
    anxious to know too. How exactly did the bodies arrive in that grave?

You obviously haven't read any of the reports surrounding this have you? The children died due to a combination of neglect and malnutrition on behalf of the nuns and they were then buried in a mass grave just beside the home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭ryan101

Cabaal wrote: »
    Why would there be?

Keep your pro-life crap out of this thread

So you're only pro life when it suits.
    Ah I see, time shut down the discussion now.
    How do you know they don't suffer, and that still does not excuse killing someone.

2500 Irish kids per year, every year.

Where are they buried though ? very relevant to the discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

You obviously haven't read any of the reports surrounding this have you? The children died due to a combination of neglect and malnutrition on behalf of the nuns and they were then buried in a mass grave just beside the home.

But their could be a perfectly innocent reason that leaves the nuns blameless. They might have kept the blinds down at the back before they got lost/burnt so someone could have done anything out there.

So you're only pro life when it suits.
    Ah I see, time shut down the discussion now.
    How do you know they don't suffer, and that still does not excuse killing someone.

2500 Irish kids per year, every year.

Where are they buried though ? very relevant to the discussion.

Totally irrelevant to the discussion, leave this for another thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

How exactly did the bodies arrive in that grave?

Their deaths were recorded in a Home run by the Bons Secours nuns, and then the bodies turned up in an unmarked pit on the grounds of the Home, so obviously...

The Evil Atheist Conspiracy did it to make the nuns look bad!

If you can't see an undertone of defence for the church in the comment of yours that I posted that I simply can't help you.

But you didn't post any comment of mine. Not one. And now your talking about undertones, as if we were discussing paint samples. No your right you simply cannot help me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

So you're only pro life when it suits. [...]
    Abortion dicussion - this way.

Advertisement