Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death in Mahon (titled edited)

Options
  • 31-05-2014 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hearing reports a 65yr old women has been found murdered in Mahon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Terribly sad if this is true. I've not seen anything on the news so hopefully it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 timtim1988

doesnt seem to be anyting on the news yet about it.found dead and house ransacked. only over the road from me.cant believe people would do it to a poor old women

• Registered Users Posts: 35 dobz95

I'm hearing the same news now aswell! Shocking stuff

stop crazy.makes me feel sick that it happened so close to home

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

where in mahon was this?

• Advertisement

over by the main bustop accross the road one of the bungalows

If my calculation is correct, this is the 5th murder to happen in mahon it the last 15 years?

that number sounds about right dobz95

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Havent seen a thing about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

ofcork wrote: »
    Havent seen a thing about this.

Me neither. Surely it would have been on the news at this stage if it were true :confused:

• Advertisement

It's true (Sadly) I was talking to people today in Mahon who actually went to the scene this morning to see the aftermath and what not. I also tweeted Paschal Sheehy today and his reply was "yes -- not currently being treated as suspicious, but forensic exam of the scene and PM on the body being conducted as a precaution." around 2pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

I would imagine a murder that is not suspicious was some sort of domestic incident rather than a random attack or anything, I am surprised it's not in the news tbh,

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭junction12

Was is actually a murder? Its strange that it wasn't mentioned on the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

How sad..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Theres all sorts of rumours going around. I heard she had a heart attack during a break in??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Why is the thread called "murder in Mahon" when all people are doing is just speculating how someone has died.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Surely all murders would be suspicious but not all deaths?

Kazbah wrote: »

lol. You dont say!

I think people need to look up the actual meaning of murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rebs23

Could someone rename this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Not necessarily. If you KNOW what happened, then not suspicious...just murder. Suspicious usually means they think foul play is involved and don't have all the details yet...may not even be murder possibly. At least that is my understanding of it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Ludo wrote: »
    Suspicious usually means they think foul play is involved

Yup and murder has to be foul play because it can never be lawful.
    Maybe you could saying a killing was not suspicious.
    Anyway sorry, I'm arguing over semantics ;):cool::rolleyes:

Whatever happened, RIP to the lady, if she is dead.

Yup and murder has to be foul play because it can never be lawful.
    Maybe you could saying a killing was not suspicious.
    Anyway sorry, I'm arguing over semantics ;):cool::rolleyes:

Whatever happened, RIP to the lady, if she is dead.

No..you are still missing what suspicious means I believe. Not all murder is suspicious. Emphasis added above..the "THINK" part is the important bit which make it suspicious not the murder part...i.e. they have a suspicion of murder or that foul play was involved is what makes a death suspicious..

Murder = The unlawful killing of a person whether intentional or reckless. Murder is not murder unless a death is suspicious.

If someone is to stab another that does not necessarily make it murder. It could be manslaughter if the person who stabbed the other had a valid defense. Such as self defense.

People seem to be using the word "murder" for a death involving some sort of violence.

Hogzy wrote: »
    Murder = The unlawful killing of a person whether intentional or reckless. Murder is not murder unless a death is suspicious.

I think people need to look up suspicious and then suspect (the verb not the noun) in a dictionary.

The bold part above is NOT always true which people seem to think it is.

A death being treated as suspicious simply means the gardai don't know if it was murder/suicide/accidental etc etc.

i.e. if they SUSPECT or THINK or BELIEVE it may be murder...it is suspicious.

If they KNOW it is murder then it is no longer suspicious..it is simply murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Ok we're going a little bit off topic here - this is about the 'incident' in Mahon not the legal definition of murder

Advertisement