Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Employment Medical

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Or maybe it is, don't be so negative with yourself, only ruining your own day. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭~Trixiebelle~

ChRoMe wrote: »
    even with the metabolism of an Olympic athlete, the body can't flush THC in six days

I'd hoped that because I wouldn't be a regular 'user' by any means, I might have had a shot of flushing enough to fly under the radar anyway. Wishful thinking!?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

even with the metabolism of an Olympic athlete, the body can't flush THC in six days

what if he took a diuretic agent?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

I'd hoped that because I wouldn't be a regular 'user' by any means, I might have had a shot of flushing enough to fly under the radar anyway. Wishful thinking!?

tolerance or lack of it has no impact. THC binds to the fat cells in your body which is why it lasts so long in the system. General rule of thumb is 30 days to pass a drug test with it.

Roquentin wrote:
    what if he took a diuretic agent?

They would just be dehydrated, wouldn't make any difference for the reason posted above.

• Advertisement

They would just be dehydrated, wouldn't make any difference for the reason posted above.

I not well versed in this but i would wager that there would be a diuretic that could wash his system clean. Now he wont be able to get it in time, so its redundant anyway. Unless you say otherwise i would speculate that there is an agent around, maybe blackmarket. the atheletes wash away the drugs out of there system

Ok, perhaps it might be worth doing a home test today and decide where the land lies. I don't know if it's the best option to burn my bridges by attending tomorrow only to fail it? I have being consuming lots of diuritics so maybe I can see if it has had any effect.

Ok, perhaps it might be worth doing a home test today and decide where the land lies. I don't know if it's the best option to burn my bridges by attending tomorrow only to fail it? I have being consuming lots of diuritics so maybe I can see if it has had any effect.

when i say diuretic, i mean a pharmaceutical manufactured chemical that is made by a top top company to wash your system clean. I would wager such a thing exists. Im not talking cranberry juice. This is a serious chemical that costs a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

There is no way you will be clean by the time you do the test.

Your best bet is to tell them in advance and explain the situation.

There is no way you will be clean by the time you do the test.

Your best bet is to tell them in advance and explain the situation.

or use someone elses sample:pac:

• Advertisement

Roquentin wrote: »
    or use someone elses sample:pac:

Ha! Strangely enough, although I'm in this conundrum, I'm actually far too straight laced for that carry on. I wouldn't have the brass neck! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Isn't this in the wrong forum?

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Isn't this in the wrong forum?

My original question was to ask the OP if he had a Drug Test included in his Pre Employment Medical. I was just wondering if they are standard. Apologies for hijacking the thread Skimpdoo! :D

Roquentin wrote:
    when i say diuretic, i mean a pharmaceutical manufactured chemical that is made by a top top company to wash your system clean. I would wager such a thing exists. Im not talking cranberry juice. This is a serious chemical that costs a lot.

it doesn't.

it doesn't.

not yet:pac:

surely there must be something out there in china that they use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

It can if you're not a regular user. I'd be drinking tons of cranberry juice and water to flush your system and if you fail, you fail. Don't stress about it too much

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I'm honestly not sure they'll include a test for cannabis in the test they run on your urine sample. I would have thought they are more likely screening for illness.

Thanks for the help guys. They did do a drug test as apparently it's worldwide policy to screen all new employees due to the nature of the business and for the benefits package. They checked for 5/6 I think?

Delighted and so so so relieved to say I passed the medical!! :):)

Still can't believe it! Feel high as a kite... Naturally this time though! ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 taraniluanaigh

Great news! Delighted!!!!

Thanks for the help guys. They did do a drug test as apparently it's worldwide policy to screen all new employees due to the nature of the business and for the benefits package. They checked for 5/6 I think?

Delighted and so so so relieved to say I passed the medical!! :):)

Still can't believe it! Feel high as a kite... Naturally this time though! ;):D

our greatest hopes and worst fears are seldom realized:)

• Advertisement

Roquentin wrote: »
    our greatest hopes and worst fears are seldom realized:)

This is very true, especially with me! :D And I'm 5lbs lighter due to all the detoxing. Cherry on the cake, right there! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

tl;dr

And my information is a least 10 years old, so I'm sure the laws have changed, but it came from a occupational health nurse who actually did the tests.

If you fail the medical for any reason they cannot disclose to the potential employer why unless you give them release to do so. All they can tell them is you failed, not why.

The urine test is a drug test, and that's all it is. Nobody in I.T. failed a medical for not being able to touch their toes (we'd all be out of job if that was case :pac:)

Pretty much the whole thing is a drugs test. That way if you fail, they know it's because you've tested positive for an illegal drug without needing it to be disclosed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

I worked in finance until recently and if you don't test positive for cocaine you get fired.

Srsly tho, the last time I had to do a medical was in the 90s. In that case it was a trip the the local GP who earned 20 pounds (yep not euros back then) to sign a statement saying I was fit to sit on my ass all day and press buttons.

So OP: if you are a grad and need the experience then submit to whatever ludicrous demands they have. Once you have some experience you can laugh at them and enjoy the 6 months a year you choose to spend somewhere with a more favourable climate.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

congrats, as i said, positive thinking, negative results ;)

srsly78 wrote: »
    I worked in finance until recently and if you don't test positive for cocaine you get fired.

Srsly tho, the last time I had to do a medical was in the 90s. In that case it was a trip the the local GP who earned 20 pounds (yep not euros back then) to sign a statement saying I was fit to sit on my ass all day and press buttons.

So OP: if you are a grad and need the experience then submit to whatever ludicrous demands they have. Once you have some experience you can laugh at them and enjoy the 6 months a year you choose to spend somewhere with a more favourable climate.

are you the wolf of wall street:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

you obviously didn't smoke enough!!

Advertisement