Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation in Ballina, advice please?

Options
  • 31-05-2014 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi folks,

I am moving to Ballina on a temp work contract. Living in Sligo at the mo, considered traveling Mon-Fri, but finding it hard to get reasonable insurance quote for a car, so decided to rent a room, or a bedsit. Looking at daft, just wondering what would ppl suggest as regards to areas to live ? Any areas would you recommend, or perhaps avoid ? What is the going rate at the mo, say for a house share, or a bedsit studio apartment? Thanks for any thoughtful advise... Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Where will you be working?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭MollFlanders

I think Tracey's coaches run a daily service from ballina to Sligo, maybe ring them. For the first week or two maybe commute and then see if anyone at work is renting a room. The Western People comes out on Monday and has an accommodation section.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 newbee78

I think Tracey's coaches run a daily service from ballina to Sligo, maybe ring them. For the first week or two maybe commute and then see if anyone at work is renting a room. The Western People comes out on Monday and has an accommodation section.

Thanks for the advise, I will get in touch with Tracey's then, if they provide regular & reliable service, plus it suits me time-wise (office hours), then maybe I will travel everyday. Thank you again.

Just looking at daft.ie, is Knocknalyre a good area to live anyone ? Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

newbee78 wrote: »
    Just looking at daft.ie, is Knocknalyre a good area to live anyone ? Thanks...

Yes its a nice estate, walking distance to town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

It's down the Sligo road. Would be a long walk if it's Coke you're going to or Hollister. If you say where you'll be working I can give you an idea of estates within walking distance of it.

Is Castlerow OK for an area ? There is a room advertised there. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

It's very central. Just near Dunnes and beside the council offices. Houses there would be older.

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Yes its a nice estate, walking distance to town.

Thanks for the advise

Advertisement