Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruxelles - Closing down the rock/metal bar

• 31-05-2014 6:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭

Being turned into one large bar, side by side with the other bar downstairs

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Ah the rock bar really fell to pieces over the years there anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Ah the rock bar really fell to pieces over the years there anyway.

Agreed.

Don't see it as a major loss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Not a big loss tbh, I haven't been there that much in recent years but when I was I found it expensive and the music was 'safe' radio Nova style sounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

The Rock/Metal bar is not closing. They are renovating the interior and moving the bar to the back where it was the last time.

Where did you hear that anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Passenger wrote: »
    The Rock/Metal bar is not closing. They are renovating the interior and moving the bar to the back where it was the last time.

Where did you hear that anyway?

I've lost track of how many times they've moved the bar at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

This is the fourth reconfiguration in my time drinking there. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭RayCon

Meh

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Have not been there in ages , but last time we were there we asked the dj to play some Clutch and he said he will have a look . Then after awhile we just asked him again "any luck with playing some clutch" then he just gave us the finger . I do like the middle bar though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Bruxelles is a dump anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Have not been there in ages , but last time we were there we asked the dj to play some Clutch and he said he will have a look . Then after awhile we just asked him again "any luck with playing some clutch" then he just gave us the finger . I do like the middle bar though

Yeahhh... there's one DJ in particular who's known to refuse to play requests.

The bar needs some sort of shake up, it's quite easy to feel 'unwelcome' in there unless some of the regulars 'approve' of you. Hopefully the rejig of the layout will provide a better flow to the place and less of a bottleneck by the door/DJ booth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

legendary bar - don't frequent it or many other bars these days but have some great memories there - in all 3 of the bars (open minded loike!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭RayCon

The bar needs some sort of shake up, it's quite easy to feel 'unwelcome' in there unless some of the regulars 'approve' of you. .

Yip ... awful clique vibe of the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Is it the auld beardy fellas who sit at the bar that are making people unwelcome? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Only certain ones, Lemons! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 metaldrummer

Bruxelles has been there years. With that phil lynot statue outside there is too much public attention on it to close down. The owner lives on my road and he is quite happy with the rock bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Awful place. Crap beer, expensive, surly staff...definitely agree with the clique vibe comment made earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Shame really, but on the few occasions I went in there about ten years ago it was always too small for the large contingent who used the area

Advertisement