Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snatch/Clean frequency

• 31-05-2014 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Is snatching once per week and cleaning once per week enough??
    Last lifts were 47.5kgx2x4/50kgx3 snatch and 75kgx2x4/77.5kgx3 clean

next weeks lifts will be
    50kgx2x4/52.5kgx3 Snatch
    77.5kgx2x4/80kgx3 Clean

Bw 94kg, so obviously these lifts are very low!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

Depends what your goals are, If your already following another strength program or do other sports than once a week is fine, If you want to focus on Olympic lifting alone then you would need to be training at least 4 or 5 times a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Enough for what?

Once a week isn't enough unless you just want to do them for the craic. If you want to improve technically, 2-3 times minimum. Even just bar work as a warm up 2-3 times a week would make a big difference.

3 times a week is enough for someone starting out. You don't need to train 4-5 times a week it just offers the chance to get more quality sessions on each lift which isn't a priority for a beginner.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hurlsey

Goals are
    BW Snatch
    1.5BW Clean

I don't want to do them just for the craic, I want to get technically proficient and stronger at both the lifts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 GerSmith

hurlsey wrote: »
    I want to get technically proficient and stronger at both the lifts!!

You should get some coaching on them by a certified coach and then get them to do a plan for you. It would be better than spending time figuring out what's best when the expertise exists in people who are certified to do it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

GerSmith wrote: »
    You should get some coaching on them by a certified coach and then get them to do a plan for you. It would be better than spending time figuring out what's best when the expertise exists in people who are certified to do it.

This.

They're big goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

hurlsey wrote: »
    Goals are
    BW Snatch
    1.5BW Clean

I don't want to do them just for the craic, I want to get technically proficient and stronger at both the lifts!!

Then yeah, 3 times a week minimum. It usually takes a year plus to snatch bodyweight. You would do well to get some coaching too if you really want to improve technically. What you think you're doing and what you're actually doing can often be very different things.

Good luck with it, whatever you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hurlsey

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    Then yeah, 3 times a week minimum. It usually takes a year plus to snatch bodyweight. You would do well to get some coaching too if you really want to improve technically. What you think you're doing and what you're actually doing can often be very different things.

Good luck with it, whatever you do.

Thanks for all of the input, I'll look I to coaching and getting a solid program!!

Cheers hurlsey

Advertisement