Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Saturday Night Show May 31st

• 31-05-2014 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭

Not sure if there is a thread already, can't see one, so here goes;

From their Facebook page...
    'It's the last show of the season tomorrow and we're going out with a bang! Coming up on the show this week the hilarious Carrie Fisher will take to the couch to talk about growing up as Hollywood royalty, and why she’s returning to the role that defined her in Star Wars.
    Brendan will also be joined by Minister for Social Protection Joan Burton to talk about why she wants to be leader of The Labour Party.
    We take a look back over the political week that was with comedian and impressionist Oliver Callan, as he gives Brendan his unique take on the election’s winners and losers.
    Style aficionado Darren Kennedy will be on hand to talk everything fashion and reveal his makeover of rugby pundit George Hook, athlete Marion Heffernan and broadcaster Brenda Donohue.
    Plus there will be music from Chanele McGuinness, overall winner of the music competition which we’ve been running in conjunction with The John Murray Show on RTÉ Radio One in search of up-and-coming Irish music. She will make her TV debut on Saturday night with her brilliant song “Numb”. Tune in at 9.50pm and enjoy!!'

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

What ****e thank god Im going to the pub-enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I won't get to see it, but will read the thread over the weekend, hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hopefully he gets Linda Martin in to sign at the end like last year, she could do similar damage to Pharrell Williams tune Happy. She rocked the place to the foundations last year with this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZYQluJW-dM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

It will be fascinating to see if Darren Kennedy is wearing socks as there has been a distinct lack of them on Late Late guests for the past 2 weeks. Fellow fashionista Brendan Courtney never fails to have 2 inches of pasty ankle on display so this will certainly be an interesting watch for trendspotters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Brendan will also be joined by Minister for Social Protection Joan Burton to talk about why she wants to be leader of The Labour Party.

Dear God, where do I start with this :rolleyes:

RTE - Watching any politician on a Saturday evening is not my idea of entertainment. In my opinion, politicians should be left to Primetime, the News, The Week in Politics and Vincent Browne. It never ceases to amaze me how our high profile politicians are allowed get away with turning down serious interviews in favour of soft focus crap. This week Enda said that he wouldn't give Newstalk any interviews as he has heard some of their output and it didn't appeal to him. (i.e. They have had the audacity to criticise him and members of his government and some of their policies). Enda has no problem appearing on TV with school kids doing a 'Happy Dance' though.

As for Joan Burton, she hasn't been too keen to appear on Tonight with Vincent Browne since she became Minister for Social Protection, yet she is more than happy to sit on Brendan's couch now that she's in a leadership contest :rolleyes: I'm no fan of Alex White's but I'd imagine that he's rather peeved that RTE are giving Joan a primetime slot to pitch for the big job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I won't get to see it, but will read the thread over the weekend, hopefully.

Hope you are having a good time:D

We can't forget the kitteh and puppeh for the last time this season

6p0njn.jpg

160vp7t.jpg

I could'nt agree with you more Mrs.D there is there a bit of favouritism being shown to Joan, or maybe Brendan has Mario Rosenstock lined up like the lls last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I've spoken several times before about how the SNS has lost its way since the beginning of 2014.

And it looks as if it's going to take its summer break having still not found that way again... :(

Had this been last year, I doubt that Carrie Fisher would have been joined by a politician, a so-called "style aficionado" and an impressionist who's not only far from being the funniest, but has also appeared on this show once or twice too often.

And if Carrie fails to live up to expectations, then I'm afraid to say that the series is going out with a whimper. :(

Unless Brendan provides a song, or that woman with the impressive twin kitchen bursts into the studio. Unfortunately, neither seem very likely...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Dear God, where do I start with this :rolleyes:

RTE - Watching any politician on a Saturday evening is not my idea of entertainment. In my opinion, politicians should be left to Primetime, the News, The Week in Politics and Vincent Browne. It never ceases to amaze me how our high profile politicians are allowed get away with turning down serious interviews in favour of soft focus crap. This week Enda said that he wouldn't give Newstalk any interviews as he has heard some of their output and it didn't appeal to him. (i.e. They have had the audacity to criticise him and members of his government and some of their policies). Enda has no problem appearing on TV with school kids doing a 'Happy Dance' though.

As for Joan Burton, she hasn't been too keen to appear on Tonight with Vincent Browne since she became Minister for Social Protection, yet she is more than happy to sit on Brendan's couch now that she's in a leadership contest :rolleyes: I'm no fan of Alex White's but I'd imagine that he's rather peeved that RTE are giving Joan a primetime slot to pitch for the big job.

Joan is hoping for a soft soap interview, to appeal to all the Labour members out there. This is a great coup for her PR team.

Evening all.

Brendan being honest about the amount of jokes there... ;)

Getting Burton out of the way first. Good.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Evenin all.

When the SNS returns in September we'll all have to have wide screen TV's.

It's the only way we'll be able to see Brendan before he fades away into nothing.

The only people in labour at the moment are the expectant mothers in our maternity hospitals.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Looks like she has not indulged in the green room tonight, compared to her interview on vb a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Didn't realise Joan was 65! She looks about 10 years younger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Evening All :)

Is this not unfair in other contenders for labour leadership that Joan is on sns??
    (As well as being a but unfair on us too! )

I want fun and laughs not bloody politics. I know people want a return to prosterity Ffs , I'm one of them and. Tbh Id prefer to forget about this on a fabulously sunny Saturday vening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

The wig takes years off her.

Lisha wrote: »
    I want fun and laughs not bloody politics. I know people want a return to prosterity Ffs , I'm one of them and. Tbh Id prefer to forget about this on a fabulously sunny Saturday vening

<PEDANT>

The sun has just gone down - and there are clouds gathering where I live.

</PEDANT>

:o:D:);)

<PEDANT>

The sun has just gone down - and there are clouds gathering where I live.

</PEDANT>

:o:D:);)

Sssssshhhhhh I've 2 loads of washing out in the line, no clouds here :)

This is the sort of hypocritical guff that annoys me about politicians. Joan tells us that Gilmore was a great man but then in the very next breath implies that he made promises that he could never keep. In other words, he lied to get Labour into power.

This is the sort of hypocritical guff that annoys me about politicians. Joan tells us that Gilmore was a great man but then in the very next breath implies that he made promises that he could never keep. In other words, he lied to get Labour into power.

It's an art to be snide in a nearly undetectable way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

How did she manage to get on this show and then get such a cushy interview??? :rolleyes:

As more people go back to work, the social welfare bill goes up, because Joan is helping the fatcat employers through ScamBridge.

We sure have gone way over time, Brendan... ;)

Joan wants to be Minister for Finance. She's itching for it.

OK, now it's time for the next guest...

Trees in the Park?

And there's that outdated clip of Piccadilly Circus once again... :rolleyes: ;)

Does this mean Carrie is being saved for last? Hope so...

Gok O'Wan ??

Fair play to Brenda loosing 3 stone.

• Advertisement

Whoever handles the PR for that bloomin Bloom thing deserves a pay rise.

It's bloomin everywhere.

Another eejit with no socks :rolleyes:

Is he not wearing any socks, when did socks become so unpopular?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

sudzs wrote: »
    How did she manage to get on this show and then get such a cushy interview??? :rolleyes:

Cos the Spindo, which the presenter works for, thinks she's, as they might say, malleable.

th?id=HN.608028830819090453&pid=15.1

Skid X - Grey so What - Welsh Megaman - County Hurler.

cofy wrote: »

Ugh I could not bear to wear shoes without socks yeuch :(

• Advertisement

And when did tie clips become so popular? ;)

Get your shoe off the furniture ya little pup!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

I think it's actually slippers he's wearing...so we'll let him off for the no socks...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

You should go to specsavers.

Lapin wrote: »
    th?id=HN.608028830819090453&pid=15.1

Skid X - Grey so What - Welsh Megaman - County Hurler.

You forgot MrsD007 and Lynngrace

• Advertisement

I wouldn't let him in to Coppers either if I worked there.

Not just for wearing shorts.

But for breaking every rule in my policy on pretentious gobshítes.

Does this mean Carrie is being saved for last? Hope so...

This hope has now faded. :(

If Darren is going to close the show and the series when he returns... oh dear. :(:(:( :rolleyes:

Martin Weatherman advertising Costcutter.

I would prefer to see him style people who maybe deserve a bit of pampering, instead of people who could well afford to get themselves styled.

This hope has now faded. :(

If Darren is going to close the show and the series when he returns... oh dear. :(:(:( :rolleyes:

Carrie is currently having the Danish pastries applied to the sides of her head. He appearance on the show depends on when the glue sets ;)

carrie-fisher-star-wars11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

Hi all,:), my claim to fame ,I think I saw someone I know in the audience!I misposted text I'd just finished,cos I was nearly asleep, during that interview.I just hope he gets a word in, he's a Brilliant guitarist,&composer.John Walsh.Heard him on youtube,Fantastic!

You forgot MrsD007 and Lynngrace

Lynn is the OP and MrsD reported for duty by making a comment about Joan Burton, so they're ok.
    smile.png

Callan's Kicks has been very funny this past few months.

The audience must be boozed up well enough at this stage to give that much applause to the prospect of winning a load of potatoes... :o:D;)

This guy is about as entertaining as a bus ticket to Bray.

• Advertisement
Advertisement