Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The heritage golf digest event

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

Arsenium wrote: »
    Bit of a deviation here but I played the Heritage yesterday so I was just looking for peoples opinions on it...hence I ended up on this thread.

Laser devices. Is it ok to share the distances measured by these devices? Is it ok for a playing partner to ask you for the distance once you have measured it? I was of the opinion that it was ok to volunteer the information but it was not ok to request it? Seems this might actually be wrong and it is ok to provide it and to request it.
    I presume your question is regarding competition, in any case there's no penalty for sharing yardages acquired using DMDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

I presume your question is regarding competition, in any case there's no penalty for sharing yardages acquired using DMDs.

Yes. It is. In competitions. Is it ok for a partner to ask you to measure their yardage?

Yes. It is. In competitions. Is it ok for a partner to ask you to measure their yardage?
    Yes of course it is, why do you think it wouldn't be? although I wouldn't be too impressed with him if he was asking every time, if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Yes of course it is, why do you think it wouldn't be? although I wouldn't be too impressed with him if he was asking every time, if you know what I mean.

I recently played with a guy in a competition who had one and he explained that "it's ok for me to tell you but it's not ok for you to ask". So I kind of just assumed that was the rule. Anyway I got one recently and I use it all the time now. And I just was feeling a bit embarrassed when I would measure the distance and not tell the guys how far it was !!

At least now I know I can tell them ;)

Thanks.

I recently played with a guy in a competition who had one and he explained that "it's ok for me to tell you but it's not ok for you to ask". So I kind of just assumed that was the rule. Anyway I got one recently and I use it all the time now. And I just was feeling a bit embarrassed when I would measure the distance and not tell the guys how far it was !!

At least now I know I can tell them ;)

Thanks.
    Yeah fair enough, there's a fair share of misinformation out there alright, you're right to ask and get clarification.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I believe it is okay to share information on yardage, this is not advice it is merely information, akin to a partner asking are you standing near a distance marker and what does it read regarding distance...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement