Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap place for bike stuff

Options
  • 31-05-2014 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Where is the best place to get bike stuff at a reasonable price? Like pumps and inner tubes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

TheChief36 wrote: »
    Where is the best place to get bike stuff at a reasonable price? Like pumps and inner tubes?

Aldi were doing a whole load of stuff this week: gear, pumps, tool kits etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

You could try the Bike Shed off Barrack steet

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭TheChief36

I tried Aldi, or maybe it was Lidl, I always get them mixed up. They should merge and just be one thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Halfords isn the worst, they are suppose to be bad for actually building the bikes but there stuff isn't the worst.. Are you looking for anything in particular might have a few bits im looking to get rid of

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭TheChief36

I basically need a pump and also need to replace an inner tube I think, maybe a repair kit is what I need.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Inner tube is about a fiver in most places.
    the pump very much depends on what type you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

the dealz shop in the queens old castle gaff has them too @1.49 pump and repair kit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ah ok yep as above sure they wouldn't be too pricey anywhere. If you do spot the electric pump that Aldi sell they are the job

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Chain reaction up the north are very good with free delivery. Im all for shopping local but sometimes price and convenience comes into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

I your bike is a road bike which will require high pressure in the tyres then you ought to go with a track pump. At that, cheap track pumps probably won't do the job. I have and would recommend this one. Tubes are so cheap that it's not worth the hastle of repairing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Usually get tubes in Dealz OR Tesco..have track pump for nearly ten years got from Chain reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Lidl doing loads of bike stuff this Thursday.

Advertisement