Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Triton T90 commissioning procedure

• 31-05-2014 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭

I'm doing this at the moment, I have followed the instructions, opened & closed the bleed screw, power selector is at cold position & temp control is fully anticlockwise to maximum flow

Turned on the shower to wait for the water to flow from the flexible hose but it's only a trickle, how long does it take to achieve full flow, should it be instantainious or does it take a few mins?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

I was amazed and shocked for want of a better word that you got electrical advice on how to illegaly wire your DIY shower a month ago in the electrical forum.

I for one cannot legaly give you advice.

If it was installed by a regestered professional, and certified as safe then we could help. But house holders no matter how confident should never remove cover for instulation or maintenance.

You have been asking about how to install cable and pipe into a wall and how to reuse a compression fitting including a previously compressed olive, which leaves me to believe that you are not an electrican or a plumber.

Sorry Smurf,
    You've been asking the right for safety questions, which is good.
    But you should have been pointed in the correct direction on electrical forum long before my reply.
    Heavy loads ie. showers are not now a DIY job, it is ILLEGAL for a reason.
    "You and your family's safety"

I'm trying to be professional and helpful here and I hope I haven't caused offence. All the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I agree with Scudo2. I would normally have no problem helping you but you could have done anything wrong with the wiring in particular. If it was just the plumbing all you'd have to worry about is damaging the shower or flooding the house. But if the electrics are wrong you could kill someone.
    My advice is to get a good registered electrician to check everything you have done.
    Installing an electric shower from scratch is not a diy job and it is illegal for you to work on the fuse box unless you are a registered electrician.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

scudo2 wrote: »
    I was amazed and shocked for want of a better word that you got electrical advice on how to illegaly wire your DIY shower a month ago in the electrical forum.

This is incorrect and not very nice showing disrespect to regular posters in the electrical forum.
    Also the moderator 2011 is very professional in modding the forum and if anything illegal was being discussed he would and have dealt with it appropriately.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

No back seat modding guys.
    If your unhappy report the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

This is incorrect and not very nice showing disrespect to regular posters in the electrical forum.
    Also the moderator 2011 is very professional in modding the forum and if anything illegal was being discussed he would and have dealt with it appropriately.
    I never ment disrespect.
    You have good MOD's on electrical but they can't be expected to check every word or post 24/7 365
    That's all
    Sorry.
    M.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Electric shower is probably the most dangerous thinklg In the house. You could literally be dead before you know it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Electric shower is probably the most dangerous thinklg In the house. You could literally be dead before you know it.

They carry a slim statistical risk when installed correctly but incorrectly can be lethal.

All I can suggest is that this installation should be checked & tested by a certed electrician

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

:
    They carry a slim statistical risk when installed correctly but incorrectly can be lethal.

All I can suggest is that this installation should be checked & tested by a certed electrician

I agree. You'd be surprised how many the trips dont work right.

Advertisement