Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Logs Tables

Options
  • 31-05-2014 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Does anyone know what formulas are contained in the logs tables? Is all the formulas you require in the exam in the booklet or do you have to learn off any particular ones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭hf98kk

they are just the standard log tables. they have every formula you will need I think

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

Does anyone know what formulas are contained in the logs tables? Is all the formulas you require in the exam in the booklet or do you have to learn off any particular ones?

You have to learn off easy ones like the area of a square or rectangle and the trigonomety formula

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭IrishLassie26

Do you get logs tables from the examiners or do you have to bring your own?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

Do you get logs tables from the examiners or do you have to bring your own?

You get them on the day, but i don't think you can bring your own anyway. I'm not entirely sure but i'd imagine not, in case people have added extra 'notes' into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

You get the log tables on the day, if you bring your own you won't be allowed to use them and they'll be taken off you until the end of the exam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

In relation to area & volume, a lot of the formula's for total surface area aren't contained in the log tables.
    For example a cylinder; it just has the CSA.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

Yeah and if it's asking you for the area of a quarter of a circle or something like that well obviously use the whole formula then divide by 4, that kind of thing isn't it in it haha. You'd be surprised the amount of people that gave out about it saying they didn't know what to do:O

Advertisement