Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible breach of phone contract

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,560 ✭✭✭Vodafone: Darren

Hi there,
    Could you please private message over the phone number and a link back to this thread?
    We'll contact the fraud team and determine what stage the investigation is at.
    Right now, we're not able to comment further, as there are a number of variables involved - but we will update once we have further information.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭colincork

Hi there,
    Could you please private message over the phone number and a link back to this thread?
    We'll contact the fraud team and determine what stage the investigation is at.
    Right now, we're not able to comment further, as there are a number of variables involved - but we will update once we have further information.

Thanks,

Thanks Darren, that's sent now.

I rang VF customer service today at 4pm. 48 hours after the issue was eventually escalated and they were able to tell me that the investigation is complete but they don't know any more and I must wait for the Fraud team to contact me.

I then rang the fraud team and they are "going to call me back"

Day 11 and still no progress...

Called customer care at 11:30. They told me that I'd have to speak to fraud and I'd get a call from them before the end of the day

Then called the security and fraud number I got yesterday and they told me I'd get a call in the next few minutes...that was nearly an hour ago.

Comreg's guidelines specify that an issue should be resolved within 10 working days. Tomorrow will be the 10th and if it hasn't been resolved by tomorrow evening I will be ckntai comreg on Monday morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

I would simply send them a letter at this point. Why on earth people keep calling when nothing is resolved is beyond me.

Tbh I don't think a letter would achieve much more. That will take 2 days to get to them, a day to process a reply if they even read it and another day to get back to me.

I've sent them an email which they completely ignored so comreg are looking like my best chance of a resolution.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Jesus people just want something for nothing these days.
    Cant you just accept it was human error and move on??

Every person in Ireland is out for what they can get these days.

seannash wrote: »

I would like to know however what a random person did with my account for the 24 hours, they could have access to any of my online accounts and as you say people are put to get something for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

seannash wrote: »

That's the kind of attitude that has this country down the shitter in the first place. Someone makes a mistake? Complain about it and move on. Can't do anything about it.

That's the kind of attitude that has this country down the shitter in the first place. Someone makes a mistake? Complain about it and move on. Can't do anything about it.
    So your saying the injustice the OP was subject to is the exact same as everything the goverment has done.
    Use some common sense instead of just crying injustice as what is so far at best an inconvenience for the OP that he wishes to turn into a reason to leave the network with a free phone.

• Advertisement

colincork wrote: »
    I would like to know however what a random person did with my account for the 24 hours, they could have access to any of my online accounts and as you say people are put to get something for nothing
    Id wager the person who had your number was busy trying to get there own number back.
    If you are a victim of internet or identity theft down the line then revisit this with Vodafone.
    Throwing all these what if scenarios up just stinks of someone wanting a simple mistake turned into a reason to leave the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

colincork wrote: »

Given that they didnt even know

a) your name
    b) dob
    c) what county you are from.

Id wager they did **** all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I feel it's an non-issue. A mistake was made and rectified. The other person knows nothing of the OP and was equally disconvenienced. Fair enough if some harm had come from it but did it? Very unlikely.

Advertisement