Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zeiss ballistic app

Options
  • 31-05-2014 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. I'm just wondering has Carl Zeiss a ballistic phone app? I can't find it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

4200fps wrote: »
    Hi folks. I'm just wondering has Carl Zeiss a ballistic phone app? I can't find it

Hi,

I will pm you the link as I cant post it due to my post count

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

can ya send it to me as well please

endasmail wrote: »
    can ya send it to me as well please

Sent it to you there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

Thanks very much. Sorry I didnt get back sooner. I was on the high stool all weekend

Pity its only made for i phones. I've a Sony android phone

• Advertisement

Pity its only made for i phones. I've a Sony android phone

I think the only Android ballistics app they do for Android is for the rapid z and even that is not available to Ireland. It is possible to get the apk file if your phone is rooted.

amadablam wrote: »
    I think the only Android ballistics app they do for Android is for the rapid z and even that is not available to Ireland. It is possible to get the apk file if your phone is rooted.
    Its a pitty. I want one for the new reticle 43. Ive seen 3 different reticle 43's for Zeiss, depends on model of scope

Its a pitty. I want one for the new reticle 43. Ive seen 3 different reticle 43's for Zeiss, depends on model of scope

It's a pain that they don't give the app on Android. Project 'cider' is going to make it possible to run ios apps on Android........... Eventually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭allan450

should have went with swarovski ha ha.

Have a little problem. My friends cant view the link of their I Phones or I pads. Only a friend in Austraila can so I cannot purchase/download the app even on the new I Pad. What may be wrong? Is it only available to the US and Austrailan market only? If so its bad when a European Manufacture can't have this facility there for the Irish market. Heres the link which comes up blank on Apple devices

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ballistic-calculator/id737434906?mt=8

This is the exact app I want but no Joy :confused:

• Advertisement

Or does anybody know a ballistic app for the new Zeiss Reticle 43.
    There is 4 different types of reticle 43's made by Zeiss so I want an app for the one I have.

Or does anybody know a ballistic app for the new Zeiss Reticle 43.
    There is 4 different types of reticle 43's made by Zeiss so I want an app for the one I have.

It's like the rapid z app, not available to Ireland.

You could try strelok+ or strelok pro, the guy who developes them will add reticles for the paid version if requested.

amadablam wrote: »
    It's like the rapid z app, not available to Ireland.

You could try strelok+ or strelok pro, the guy who developes them will add reticles for the paid version if requested.
    I'm back, i downloaded the strelok pro for 10.99euro. Not one bit impressed with it, doesn't have my reticle on it either. cant select caliber, it asks for bullet speed in m/s, its no way user friendly. Maybe its me but i seen another one that looks easier to use but its 17.99euro. Pitty theres no way of finding out what reticles is on the app before i buy it

I'm back, i downloaded the strelok pro for 10.99euro. Not one bit impressed with it, doesn't have my reticle on it either. cant select caliber, it asks for bullet speed in m/s, its no way user friendly. Maybe its me but i seen another one that looks easier to use but its 17.99euro. Pitty theres no way of finding out what reticles is on the app before i buy it

You are entitled to a refund within 24 hours and the developer is generally quick to respond.

I have strelok + and you don't select caliber, you put in cartridge information for each load. It's pretty simple when you get used to it. Strelok + has less reticle choice but some nice features. Ask the developer to add your reticle.

You can also the units of measurement in settings. You can email drop charts and print them too.

Check out shooter, its a good app too but I can't remember what I paid for it at the time. Brian Litz helped the developer with it.

Applied ballistics is supposed to be good too but I personally have not tried it. Brian Litz was also involved with this one.

I will pm you a link to some of the Android ballistics apps so you can read up before you purchase.

But with all ballistic apps, what you get out of them is only as good as the accuracy of the data you put in.

Have fun :)

Advertisement