Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skateboard lessons in South/West Dublin?

Options
  • 31-05-2014 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi there,

I've googled a lot but found nothing on this...anyone know of a park or individual giving lessons (for a 9 year old beginner) south or west (ideally) of Dublin?

Thanks for any info,

Aisling

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TehGoose

I've been skateboarding a long time and I've never heard of any lessons for it. Ever.

What most people do is just get a skateboard, some safety gear and find some flat ground (maybe in phoenix park or something). Let them practice how they want to ride the board and eventually they'll get comfortable. After that, they can branch out to do tricks or just ride hills or whatever they want.

Everyone has their own style and way of learning. It's why there's no correct or incorrect way to skateboard.... well maybe mongo-foot could be considered incorrect (just kidding). I can't imagine what lessons would be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

Could be a good idea for any student skater who wants to make a few quid, €25 an hour or something and everyone is happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Milfhunter

Wreckless Skate Shop are doing lessons, I think the last set of them start on Thursday.

Advertisement