Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

android tv box

• 31-05-2014 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

just got an android box 'but the app .tv dixie ..is gone completely from it does anyone where i can get or down this app 'it's mainly for television english channels

Anto:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Never heard of it, but for TV channels try this instead:
    http://www.1mobile.com/mobdro-online-tv-1304924.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

tony melia wrote: »
    just got an android box 'but the app .tv dixie ..is gone completely from it does anyone where i can get or down this app 'it's mainly for television english channels

Google mashup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭CinSoots

Filmon

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭tony melia

Blade wrote: »
    Never heard of it, but for TV channels try this instead:
    http://www.1mobile.com/mobdro-online-tv-1304924.html
    seems google wont let you download this 'i have heard it's very good but where do i go to download it or how can i transfer this link to android box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

seems google wont let you download this 'i have heard it's very good but where do i go to download it or how can i transfer this link to android box

Just tap the link. It's worked for me.

• Advertisement

hallo dare wrote: »
    Just tap the link. It's worked for me.
    i think this app is for a mobile phone not android box i have opened it but still wont let me down on to usb stick 'god it's terrible being thick ????

i think this app is for a mobile phone not android box i have opened it but still wont let me down on to usb stick 'god it's terrible being thick ????

Right..........

Download market helper from the store. You can "camouflage" your box so the app thinks its a phone and will download and install.

When you're finished with everything just go back to market helper and click restore and your box will return to as it was with everything working away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Works fine on mine. Have you ticked - allow unknown sources - in security settings

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

You can "camouflage" your box so the app thinks its a phone and will download and install.

That should not be necessary, the app works on Android boxes too which think they are tablets.

The easiest thing might be to just visit that link on the browser of your actual Android box itself and click install or download. That way you don't have to worry about having to transfer the file from your computer to the box.

Another handy way for future reference is to use Dropbox on your PC and install the Dropbox app on all your Android devices too, that way you have access to all the files on all of them. Much quicker and handier than using a USB stick.

Also do what jgbyr said above on your Android box settings.

Oh and it's not about being 'thick', it's about learning, you can only learn these things by doing them once.

That should not be necessary, the app works on Android boxes too which think they are tablets.

Shouldn't be necessary, yes, but it's another option.

• Advertisement

Shouldn't be necessary, yes, but it's another option.

Out of curiosity have you had to use that before? I've never come across that situation myself yet. I've sideloaded some apps that were clearly designed for phones on my TV box and they just appear like a phone's screen on the TV, like portrait mode in the middle of the screen.

I don't think that's the OP's problem on this occasion.

Out of curiosity have you had to use that before? I've never come across that situation myself yet. I've sideloaded some apps that were clearly designed for phones on my TV box and they just appear like a phone's screen on the TV, like portrait mode in the middle of the screen.

Just once for battlefield commander. It's a tablet app, and the only way to install it on the phone was via market helper.

Just once for battlefield commander. It's a tablet app, and the only way to install it on the phone was via market helper.

I see, maybe it's just needed for using some tablet designed apps on a phone, but not the other way around? Cause I've never had any problems with phone apps on the tablet/TV box.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 kriters8

You should contact the dealer where you buy your box.I think this is the best way to solve your problem.

kriters8 wrote: »
    You should contact the dealer where you buy your box.I think this is the best way to solve your problem.
    I would but i can't speak chinese ??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 kriters8

I would but i can't speak chinese ??????

Oh,you can speak English,if they don't understand English,why they can sell for the guys who speak English.So contact them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

I cant get Mobdro to work on my Android TV box "No connection available". Other apps like Showbox work.
    Any suggestions?
    I dont see anything in Mobdro's settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

I cant get Mobdro to work on my Android TV box "No connection available". Other apps like Showbox work.
    Any suggestions?
    I dont see anything in Mobdro's settings.

This thread is a few months old and we can't talk about these apps any longer. Sorry

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

all over ??

Advertisement