Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom email going payfor?

Options
  • 31-05-2014 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Just of the phone with my OH, her eircom email stopped working today so she phoned them to find out what the problem is. She has been told that as she doesn't have eircom phoneline, or any paid protection on her email account they have suspended her account.
    I'ts not like she doesn't use the account often, she uses it frequently, for tickets, amazon etc so she needs access to it for info on stuff she has bought/booked; but guy she was talking to said it was unlikely she would be able to access it without paying something.

Surely they can't just cut off access without any warning like this? What do people reccommend doing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Use Hotmail,Gmail or yahoo. They will probably grant you 24 hour access to retrieve anything that is needed. Nothing more can be done really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

From there policy it says:

Says.......?

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

mine still works and have not had and active eircom account in years

allthough at this stage i more less have all main emails transferred to another email account. I just use it to sign up to sites and let the spam flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Laviski wrote: »
    mine still works and have not had and active eircom account in years

allthough at this stage i more less have all main emails transferred to another email account. I just use it to sign up to sites and let the spam flow.

Exact same here. Only downside is as its the email I signup to sites with, its also the one for password resets, which I've had to use on occasion

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Says.......?

Nate

Huh sorry thought I deleted that post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Firblog

False alarm... she forgot that she'd had to reset her password recently :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Firblog wrote: »
    False alarm... she forgot that she'd had to reset her password recently redface.png
    Firblog wrote: »
    She has been told that as she doesn't have eircom phoneline, or any paid protection on her email account they have suspended her account.
    Was she told this at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Firblog

Yup, they told her it was the reason they wouldn't give her access to her account. Was prob them saying that she couldn't prove it was her account so no password reset..

Advertisement