Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert History Questions 1,2 and 3

Options
  • 31-05-2014 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have always been confused as to how long my answers should be in the picture, document and short answer questions sections of the higher level history paper. Should my answers be full sentences? Does it depend on the amount of marks going for the question? Can I use bullet points or do I have to do one(ish) word answers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

Just fill the space provided. One word answers are fine where suitable. For example if it says name the leader of Italy during World War II, just write Mussolini. His first name is not even necessary. For another example, if a question is; Name the political party founded by Eamon de Valera in 1926 (asked in 2013), just write Fianna Fáil, not Fianna Fáil was the political party founded by....

Hope thus helps :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

VG31 wrote: »
    Just fill the space provided. One word answers are fine where suitable. For example if it says name the leader of Italy during World War II, just write Mussolini. His first name is not even necessary. For another example, if a question is; Name the political party founded by Eamon de Valera in 1926 (asked in 2013), just write Fianna Fáil, not Fianna Fáil was the political party founded by....

Hope thus helps :)

While generally what you say about namesand the length of answers is true, if you know a person's first name for sure, put it in. If there is a re-jig of the marking scheme it might make a difference.

Some people write WAY too much for the 'People in History' answers.

Advertisement