Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Becky Lynch thread! **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Who was it that Becky was wrestling in Germany when she got injured do you know?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Who was it that Becky was wrestling in Germany when she got injured do you know?

Kisu. A barely trained wrestler/backyarder whose sat on Becky's head when Becky was delivering a German Suplex. Was given the impression she was ran out of the business only to find out within the last year she continued to wrestle after it. I am over that.

If you take something away from this don't ever let the negative thoughts in your head prevent you from doing something. I struggle with that too daily. But try.

Becky had real reason to take 9 months off not 7 years. Watch Becky's eyes and complexion for the first minute of this video from '11:

At that point I knew she found what was in her heart. The devil that can visit your shoulder deprived us of many matches like Becky's against Sasha at NXT Unstoppable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

That was a pretty cool video to see. I kind of got the impression that at that stage she didn't know whether she was coming or going, like she wasn't sure what she wanted in her life. I guess we all go through a bit of that in our 20s. Hell, I think it's better to have that than to be certain of where you want to go and what you want to do. Some people are just wired differently and it can suit them to have a different pathway through things. If she hadn't received that injury and then gone on her journey through her different career paths, she may not have become the performer that we all enjoy today. Her sense of humour always comes across as being so offbeat in any interview I see.

That was a pretty cool video to see. I kind of got the impression that at that stage she didn't know whether she was coming or going, like she wasn't sure what she wanted in her life. I guess we all go through a bit of that in our 20s. Hell, I think it's better to have that than to be certain of where you want to go and what you want to do. Some people are just wired differently and it can suit them to have a different pathway through things. If she hadn't received that injury and then gone on her journey through her different career paths, she may not have become the performer that we all enjoy today. Her sense of humour always comes across as being so offbeat in any interview I see.

For sure. The recession was a headwrecker for most of everyone in Ireland. It was for me both in terms of financial priorities and overall where I stood in the World stuff. But I can't emphasize how special Becky is and how everyone here MUST meet her at least once. Not a autograph hunter at all just person to person she's the soundest.

Anyway her new look:
    https://twitter.com/MikeKillam/status/601195839063724032

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

I'm sorry but roverts drooling over Becky and his attempt at being the Meltzer of boards with his "insider news" is vomit inducing stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

HooohRaaah wrote: »
    I'm sorry but roverts drooling over Becky and his attempt at being the Meltzer of boards with his "insider news" is vomit inducing stuff.
    HoohRaah, don't insult fellow boards members. Rovert, maybe you could calm down on 'I know this person'/insider posts like above, or this kind of thing
    rovert wrote: »
    A recently released WWE Wrestler told a friend of mine that many people privately hate Sheamus.
    as they don't come off well, since you don't have any legitimate newsletter/reporting credentials.

All in all, let's not drag the thread down and get back to beaming about the great match Becky had last night :)

What drooling? I am a fan of her Wrestling. Just because she's a woman you think it is drooling. I post as much about Balor.
    jaykhunter wrote: »
    as they don't come off well, since you don't have any legitimate newsletter/reporting credentials.

I do actually you can ask David Bixenspan and Alan Counhian at Wrestling Observer. Sean Radican at Pro Wrestling Torch. Jeremy Cusson at PWPonderings. Cubs Fan at Lucha Blog. Brian Elliot at Fighting Spirit Magazine. Rich and Joe at Voices of Wrestling. They are all on Twitter and anyone is free to ask them.

Just taking last night into account. I posted the details of Samoa Joe and Sarah Stock signing here months ago. As well as Sara Del Rey being removed from day to day training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

What a bizarre post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

"Ah lads between Becky and Samoa Joe do I ever steer you wrong?"

I think it's more to do with posts like that, what does that even mean?

I am sorry that a joking post I made at 3.05am annoyed you.

Read the entire thread back Becky's NXT career has been up and down & often very confusing Creatively. Through out I asked people don't lose faith and that she'd eventually come right. She did big time last night. That's pretty much it.

I apologise for being a fan and believing in Becky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I read that as a funny tongue in cheek comment - not a 'I'm ITK so I'm better than you' one!

Nobody is better than anybody, it's only a wrestling forum like :P

Just the "do I ever steer you guys wrong", we can figure some stuff out for ourselves, it wasn't exactly a well kept secret that Joe would be popping up in NXT!

I do actually you can ask David Bixenspan and Alan Counhian at Wrestling Observer. Sean Radican at Pro Wrestling Torch. Jeremy Cusson at PWPonderings. Cubs Fan at Lucha Blog. Brian Elliot at Fighting Spirit Magazine. Rich and Joe at Voices of Wrestling. They are all on Twitter and anyone is free to ask them.

What are your credentials Rovert? You dodged answering by name-dropping actual reporters. Listen, you can't have it both ways; to be anonymous but expect what's construed as humble-brags and "insider info" to not rub people the wrong way. I hope that sounds fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Rovert is legit he's broke things on twitter WEEKS before your Meltzer's and the like and its clear he has sources.

C'mon lads some of you would want to lighten the **** up seriously if little posts like "Ah lads between Becky and Samoa Joe do I ever steer you wrong?" piss you off.

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    Rovert is legit he's broke things on twitter WEEKS before your Meltzer's and the like and its clear he has sources.

C'mon lads some of you would want to lighten the **** up seriously if little posts like "Ah lads between Becky and Samoa Joe do I ever steer you wrong?" piss you off.

It doesn't piss me off, I didn't bring up Rovert's posts originally, was just pointing out that some can come off as a bit condescending!

Back on topic, this is probably sacrilege around here, but does anyone else not get all the fuss over Becky? Her accent makes me cringe!

Nobody is better than anybody, it's only a wrestling forum like :P

Just the "do I ever steer you guys wrong", we can figure some stuff out for ourselves, it wasn't exactly a well kept secret that Joe would be popping up in NXT!

It ain't that simple.

I was the first person that I know of to state that as fact though. People at the time were speculating when he left TNA that he was more likely going to New Japan. Even a few days ago people thought his deal with WWE was off as he took an indie date early August. People on this forum were asking what was the story a few days ago and I offered what I heard.
    I read that as a funny tongue in cheek comment - not a 'I'm ITK so I'm better than you' one!

That's never been my gig. I've never claimed to be an insider either. I just backed into knowing a bunch of people.

All this over a lurker making a personal attack. Anyway Becky.

Do some of the posters in the last page realise that Becky was retired for 7 years and how unique she is? Gender or looks doesn't really come into it. Like what Leggo said when she first signed:
    leggo wrote: »
    Sensational worker, delighted for her. I remember doing some chain with her before in training, when I was still pretty inexperienced, and I couldn't keep track of everything she was doing she was that quick and skillful. I've been lucky enough to be able to be in the ring with some of the best this country has provided and that NEVER happened with anyone else, I was blown away.

If you weren't around for "Rebecca Knox" that's cool there's loads of reasons for that age, geography etc. But Becky came from a Country with no Wrestling scene previously and in a 18 month whirlwind traveled all over the World with a type of word of mouth I don't think will be ever seen again due to social media taking off just shortly after. It was a little thrill to hear what part of the World was Wrestling in that week.

She became the youngest forefinger to ever Wrestle in Japan and SHIMMER a promotion that would change Wrestling wanted to build the promotion around her when she was 18 years old. This isn't about drooling it is about one of Pro Wrestling's biggest "What If" stories returning and Wrestling an amazing match for the biggest company in the World.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    What are your credentials Rovert? You dodged answering by name-dropping actual reporters. Listen, you can't have it both ways; to be anonymous but expect what's construed as humble-brags and "insider info" to not rub people the wrong way. I hope that sounds fair.

I didn't dodge anything. Ask any person I've listened my credentials they've all reported my news/tip offs in one shape or fashion before.

Even three days ago Voices of Wrestling was directing people to what I wrote about Joe on their forum as it was so news worthy at the time:

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/600300586622390272

I've only ever have gotten mainly positive feedback on Boards when I posted news or what I knew in the past. This rubbing people up the wrong way thing is a bit left field and I doubt it is the majority opinion here. The person who made the personal attack is a non-contributory lurker.

Rolliefingers back in March said cheers to me about it:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94811862&postcount=507

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah I'm only a fairly casual wrestling fan and get most of my news from here but I remember the talk about Rebecca Knox at the time and everyone talking about what a talent she was. It was genuinely interesting to see her end up in WWE after being out of the business for so long. Then there were the usual concerns of what they were going to do with her and would they realise how good she was. They weren't eased by her debut gimmick but she's really made it to a much higher level since then and she's a big deal in NXT now.

Her accent seems pretty much like her normal accent to me, yeah it's a strong Dub accent but at least she's not trying to be something she's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

It doesn't piss me off, I didn't bring up Rovert's posts originally, was just pointing out that some can come off as a bit condescending!

Back on topic, this is probably sacrilege around here, but does anyone else not get all the fuss over Becky? Her accent makes me cringe!

The match last night was the best female wrestling match I have ever seen. Both her and Sasha where superb.

Her accents grand in my opinion.

Pentecost wrote: »
    Yeah I'm only a fairly casual wrestling fan and get most of my news from here but I remember the talk about Rebecca Knox at the time and everyone talking about what a talent she was. It was genuinely interesting to see her end up in WWE after being out of the business for so long. Then there were the usual concerns of what they were going to do with her and would they realise how good she was. They weren't eased by her debut gimmick but she's really made it to a much higher level since then and she's a big deal in NXT now.

Stuff like this is really crazy:
    https://twitter.com/trishstratuscom/status/601203424798089216
    https://twitter.com/MickieJames/status/601201538208411648

• Advertisement

I didn't dodge anything. Ask any person I've listened my credentials they've all reported my news/tip offs in one shape or fashion before.

Please post some kind of tangible credentials publicly? Don't fob me off to chase up actual legitimate reporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

rovert is working all of you marks, he's getting his gimmick over. Kayfabe lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Don't listen to the haters Rovert!. Your a very valued contributor to the forum for the likes of the casual wrestling viewer like myself.

Don't listen to the haters Rovert!. Your a very valued contributor to the forum for the likes of the casual wrestling viewer like myself.

No worries. I promise to be less over bearing about Becky in the future.

Glad that I don't have to lend out my SHIMMER DVDs to show people what Becky can do in the ring. They can just subscribe for $9.99 now. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Not to brag here or anything but I'm actually Becky "K-Nox" Lynch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

For ****s sake lads.

One of our own just had one of the best women's matches of all time and just a great match period.

We're all wrestling fans, we should be proud of her and happy for her. I know I am, despite having never met the girl.

Rovert might sometimes put himself over a bit too much but he's just a fan like all of us. He was obviously going to be pretty emotional.

Asking him to name his sources and calling him out is OTT imo.

Basically chill out and go Becky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I once took a piss in a pub jax while standing next to Finn Balór.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I couldn't give a hoot about anyones credentials to be honest. I would be casual fan, dipping in and out here and love seeing these updates coming through. Her progress is pretty incredible.

Don't listen to the haters Rovert
    C'mon, such an insulting term to dismiss any truth in the words. That's what Miz uses to delude himself!
    Moneymaker wrote: »
    Rovert might sometimes put himself over a bit too much but he's just a fan like all of us.
    If you're "just a fan" then don't report news with yourself as the source. Cite your actual credentials and be a trusted source, which'd be awesome. Taking a username's word for it shouldn't be good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I once took a piss in a pub jax while standing next to Finn Balór.

You win ;)

Advertisement