Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Becky Lynch thread! **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

"I'm thinking of buying a shirt that lets women know that I'm a wrestling fan who will assault you"

I thought you bought Wrestler shirts to show your support primarily?

Yes it was a very ill advised shirt but let's not get carried anyway. Also Wrestlers are rarely if ever are consulted on shirt designs so I wouldn't take it out on Becky. Sami Zayn hated his first shirt - the InZayn one. First time Kevin Owens saw his KO shirt it was just before his NXT debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I think someone would want to be a bit sensitive if they had issue with you wearing a shirt like that. I always pick up the shirts that the Irish wrestlers have, because I feel a great deal of pride in them. I pre-ordered Becky's one, no sign of an e-mail cancelling the order now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

rovert wrote: »
    I thought you bought Wrestler shirts to show your support primarily?

Yes it was a very ill advised shirt but let's not get carried anyway. Also Wrestlers are rarely if ever are consulted on shirt designs so I wouldn't take it out on Becky. Sami Zayn hated his first shirt - the InZayn one. First time Kevin Owens saw his KO shirt it was just before his NXT debut.

9 times out of 10 I'll get it because it looks cool. I bought the Reigns "I can, I will" shirt purely because I thought it looked good.

I'd imagine though the lads in the merch department had to have said at some point "This looks a bit suspect...and the lass/tartan makes her seem Scottish"

Didn't like the in-Zayn shirt myself. Think his new operation Ivy shirt is brilliant.

I think with the Sami Zayn merchandise, they're trying to appeal to his real passion for music. They seem to be pretty influenced by TwoTone/ska designs, as is his entrance theme. The Becky t-shirt could have been a lot worse, I think. At least it's not Riverdance-themed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Nothing will ever top the "Eddie Guerrero is my favorite wrestler" shirt Chavo wore back in WcW :pac:

• Advertisement

The Austin 3:16 t-shirt might not have sold as much if it were to have all happened today I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Nothing will ever top the "Eddie Guerrero is my favorite wrestler" shirt Chavo wore back in WcW :pac:

I loved Eddie's "I'm your Papi" shirt he wore during his feud with Rey

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Lass Kicker and Maiden Ireland were selected as puns. Becky is always making puns. Her ring gear had tartan on it. Lass is used in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

DM_7 wrote: »
    Lass Kicker and Maiden Ireland were selected as puns. Becky is always making puns. Her ring gear had tartan on it. Lass is used in Ireland.

We're all well aware that it's a pun, but out of context, you could have a guy wearing a t-shirt that essentially reads "Woman beater".

We're all well aware that it's a pun, but out of context, you could have a guy wearing a t-shirt that essentially reads "Woman beater".

Thanks, i had noticed that tbh.

I meant to quote the post that said tartan and lass made her sound scottish. The tartan and lass pun suited Becky.

• Advertisement

I meant to quote the post that said tartan and lass made her sound scottish. The tartan and lass pun suited Becky.

There's millions of traditional Irish songs that refer to lasses. It is like the people who thought bagpipes shouldn't be in Sheamus's new theme as they weren't Irish. Bagpipes have been used in Irish music for hundreds and hundreds of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Well I don't know about anyone else but I associate Lass and tartan with Scotland before I would Ireland. I know Becky is great for the puns (her Twitter is gas), and she wore tartan for a while as part of her gear but in regards to a T-shirt you wouldn't know what to make of her.

The way I look at it is if someone who has never watched NXT turns on and sees a redhead in a shirt with a tartan print reading "Lass Kicker" without any other context, they'd assume she's Scottish.

I'm delighted Becky isn't still straddled with they Ei-diddily-ei bollcoks but I don't think the front of the shirt is good at all from the standpoint of her nationality or for male fans looking for a bit of Becky merch.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Speaking of themes, Becky's is brilliant.

So catchy, I think it could be a big part of her becoming very popular when she moves up to the main roster. The "Woah oh oh" bit seems like a real crowd pleaser judging by the NXT crowd's reaction at Unstoppable. But then again, the NXT crowd will probably sing along to anything.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Will admit to having it on a loop on Spotify :P

and becky has her first tshirt!

11214223_10153335024481660_6236110162598469109_n_zpsf9nx1dr6.jpg

You could NOT be a guy and wear this shirt!

Big fan of the crude fix they did with the shirts:
    CGHbRD2WYAAsNm9.jpg

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/604001433487331328

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Horrible unimaginative shirt either way. Couldn't even be bothered to pick a decent font.

Becky's NXT debut was taped a year ago today

https://twitter.com/poohbaby925/status/604638239333302274

Really hope this can happen soon:

• Advertisement

Updated website render reflecting her new look:
    beckylynch_1_full_20150603.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Lass is used in Ireland.

Yeah by scots who live here

Yeah by scots who live here

That topic is so lasst week

Not exactly worth a thread bump

Becky and Sasha main evented Fort Pierce, Fl last night:

https://twitter.com/SashaBanksWWE/status/607046748440260609

Becky's armbar has been christened by NXT commentary and Wikipedia:
    CHOFVX-UYAAi4wp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Hopefully that doesn't become official, I love discoostin' as a catchphrase but I don't think it makes a good name for a move at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Disssscoooonnnect. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hopefully that doesn't become official, I love discoostin' as a catchphrase but I don't think it makes a good name for a move at all.

I agree, just doesn't sit well with me

Advertisement