Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Becky Lynch thread! **Spoilers**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Whats with the tights these days? They nearly all have them.

They like the women to wrestle in colourful hot pants.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Becky seems to be fully called up to WWE. She wrestled on NXT Live Events two weeks ago tagging with Charlotte in "Special Attraction Divas" matches. She didn't tell fans what the story was but accepted fans goodbyes and hugs. Bayley also tweeted this after the match on NXT this week:

https://twitter.com/itsBayleyWWE/status/631662144077991936

She didn't wrestle at the NXT tapings last night. Although her and Charlotte did a NXT meet and greet.

Wasn't too mad about her match with Bayley. It was a good match by WWE or NXT. Becky worked Bayley's arm and not her injured wrist. I know this is now WWE tends to do things but Bayley didn't sell her arm at all. Becky took too much of the match for a match that was supposed to be a setup match for Bayley. I thought it was interesting that Bayley beat Charlotte clean as a sheet while Bayley only got a flash/fluke roll up on Becky. I wonder if that was a booking decision to protect Becky.

Bayley's own performance was too great - she's somewhat uncoordinated. Not sure if she can carry the division. I'd advocate her having a short title reign but don't ask me who she should lose it to. Bayley is better chasing the title.

Another reference to her being essentially done with NXT:
    51SsibW.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

rovert wrote: »
    Another reference to her being essentially done with NXT:
    51SsibW.png

She removed NXT from her Twitter bio too.

• Advertisement

Pentecost wrote: »
    She removed NXT from her Twitter bio too.

Sasha did the same but Charlotte hasn't.

*Marches down to the bookies to bet on Bayley to win the title at NXT Brooklyn*

tumblr_nt11j0dTbt1sbzhteo2_400.gif

If I had a house I'd put it on a Bayley/Balor double

An interview with Becky. A pretty optimistic take on the Divas Revolution. No revelations:
    https://twitter.com/TorontoStar/status/633398157620178944

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

An interview with Becky. A pretty optimistic take on the Divas Revolution. No revelations:
    https://twitter.com/TorontoStar/status/633398157620178944

Seems like your standard WWE PR interview.

Havent seen her match last night but from what I've heard she did her best with Tamina and didnt look awful. It could have been easily a train wreck with Big T involved.

Still undefeated.

Was really impressed by Becky carrying Tamina to an acceptable match. Loved how she got into the armbar:
    https://twitter.com/Charlie_Black4/status/633616806549176320

• Advertisement

Nikki Bella CLEARLY wanting to rank management favourite Charlotte third behind Becky :P:
    zNSXGGi.png

http://my.xfinity.com/blogs/tv/2015/08/18/wwe-divas-champion-nikki-bella-on-the-divas-revolution-cenas-broken-nose/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Really looking forward to the match on Sunday. Hopefully she gets a few good spots in it now.

Some of the replies to this tweet are gas most don't know it is Becky Lynch:

https://twitter.com/PowerSlamOnline/status/635022658204246016

A reaction that's more common than you would think. Normally it is people who knew Rebecca Knox and hadn't really given her a second thought since her retirement 2007/8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just saw becky on Paige's peri scope thing. Her Charlotte and Paige were getting ready for a signing.

Paige warned WWE about Submission Sorority. Googled it:

The women wanted to be called Team TAP or Missfits.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aKia3zg2NDQ3MHw2NzI3MTk3NpGsBKtQZKjYW_A2pTZvCM1Frajm-0nP_WUM9pP8DtxV

This be the link to the video of Paige with becky and Charlotte.

Becky was talking to the WWE 24 cameras about her mother behind Paige in that Periscope video. I hope she is over there to see Becky. They are following PCB around all weekend. Becky died her roots. Normally don't care about that stuff but her hair looked scruffy recently.

Also this:

https://twitter.com/HEELDRIVER/status/635133516443975680/video/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Nikki Bella CLEARLY wanting to rank management favourite Charlotte third behind Becky :P:
    zNSXGGi.png

http://my.xfinity.com/blogs/tv/2015/08/18/wwe-divas-champion-nikki-bella-on-the-divas-revolution-cenas-broken-nose/

From that interview, you get the impression that Charlotte is only getting pushed because of nepotism. I mean all Nikki talks about when describing Charlotte is Ric Flair. Personally I think it's a disservice to a wrestler when you do something like that, and Nikki isn't doing any favors for Charlotte by saying it. I mean all she had to do was complement her a bit, but when you have to mention Ric it doesn't sound right.

It reminds me of when Chavo Guerrero went to TNA, and on his debut they had a video package for him with a bunch of TNA wrestlers talking about his arrival. I remember Kurt Angle speaking about Eddie Guerrero mostly, and only mentioned Chavo at the end. It was like "Yeah Eddie was great, I worked with him a lot in WWE and loved that guy....... Oh and Chavo is pretty sound too" It was just cringeworthy to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Well in fairness, the connection to Ric Flair is what has made her stand out in most peoples' minds I'd say. It's only since she has lost the Women's Championship that she has become more agreeable for me to watch, I think. It feels like she's being a little less forced upon me as a viewer now.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    From that interview, you get the impression that Charlotte is only getting pushed because of nepotism. I mean all Nikki talks about when describing Charlotte is Ric Flair. Personally I think it's a disservice to a wrestler when you do something like that, and Nikki isn't doing any favors for Charlotte by saying it. I mean all she had to do was complement her a bit, but when you have to mention Ric it doesn't sound right.

Well Charlotte is in a unique position as most second generation wrestlers arent one of the kids of one of if not the greatest ever to step in a ring. I also think it's unavoidable to not Mention ric flair when talking about his daughter when she is in the same business as he was.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well Charlotte is in a unique position as most second generation wrestlers are one of the kids of one of if not the greatest ever to step in a ring. I also think it's unavoidable to not Mention ric flair when talking about his daughter when she is in the same business as he was.

What he said. Ultimately it is only the Divas division too. I am actually happy that it is the case. Being the management favourite or perceived management favourite is a poisoned chalice in 2015 due to how hamfisted the booking is and with social media/a more savvy fanbase. Becky will benefit from being the "Daniel Bryan" of the situation. Her work and personality will get her over on a slow(ish) burn but once she gets over to the general WWE audience she will be gold.

I'll be honest but becky is such a likeable person and seems so nice and genuine(as does sasha) and a fan of pro wrestling which means how can you not cheer for them ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Well in fairness, the connection to Ric Flair is what has made her stand out in most peoples' minds I'd say. It's only since she has lost the Women's Championship that she has become more agreeable for me to watch, I think. It feels like she's being a little less forced upon me as a viewer now.

I agree that being Flair's daughter is probably what resonates in people's mind when they first think of Charlotte. But it's best to acknowledge her for her own abilities too. Nikki said that Charlotte is No.2 because she's Flair's daughter, because he's a legend and she has his blood. As if that's any reason to describe why someone should be No.2 or No.1. I just think it comes off real cheesy, and doesn't do Charlotte any justice.
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well Charlotte is in a unique position as most second generation wrestlers arent one of the kids of one of if not the greatest ever to step in a ring. I also think it's unavoidable to not Mention ric flair when talking about his daughter when she is in the same business as he was.

Agreed, but it's best to not to over emphasize it so much. Being a daughter of Ric Flair is not going to make her any fans, or get her the recognition she deserves. They should do like they do with Natalya, or Paige and just casually mention her family background from time to time. But you don't have to say to make it so obvious, it just looks bad for her.

Becky's mother and father were at Takeover.

Language, Becky:
    http://imgur.com/oHFVGeH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Becky is the only one who hasn't actually won the title from those 4.

Bit weird, thought she'd get a run too.

She was probably called up to the main roster ahead of schedule. She probably would have had a run with it at some stage.

Boards has been up and down all day. Eva jestured for the title but I believe that Sasha vs Becky vs Bayley will be the next Takeover match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

And Becky picks up the win! :) Great weekend for the Irish!

• Advertisement

And Becky picks up the win! :) Great weekend for the Irish!

Bit of a shocker even though I always keep the faith. Bad match for sure outside of a few highspots. It was so very strange in terms of Becky winning and Charlotte not and Becky working the a lot of the match and Charlotte barely at all.

How far she has come is crazy. As I said on Twitter 3 years ago she didn't even have her comeback match yet where she wrestled on a local show in Ireland.

M9V9Q84.png

Advertisement