Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Becky Lynch thread! **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I agree that being Flair's daughter is probably what resonates in people's mind when they first think of Charlotte. But it's best to acknowledge her for her own abilities too. Nikki said that Charlotte is No.2 because she's Flair's daughter, because he's a legend and she has his blood. As if that's any reason to describe why someone should be No.2 or No.1. I just think it comes off real cheesy, and doesn't do Charlotte any justice.

Agreed, but it's best to not to over emphasize it so much. Being a daughter of Ric Flair is not going to make her any fans, or get her the recognition she deserves. They should do like they do with Natalya, or Paige and just casually mention her family background from time to time. But you don't have to say to make it so obvious, it just looks bad for her.

Initially that is what would have attracted me to Charlotte, the fact that she is Ric Flair's daughter. In much the same way, Becky being Irish made me interested. But when people are worth watching, you see past these details I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,011 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Initially that is what would have attracted me to Charlotte, the fact that she is Ric Flair's daughter. In much the same way, Becky being Irish made me interested. But when people are worth watching, you see past these details I find.

Charlotte had to overcome people seeing her as " ric flairs daughter charlotte." to "Charlotte ric flairs daughter."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Savage photo from WWE.com

SS_08232015rf_2026-3107973543-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Becky for Divas Champ! It's only fair right?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So is this ring gear gonna stay now or change again in another couple months?

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Charlotte had to overcome people seeing her as " ric flairs daughter charlotte." to "Charlotte ric flairs daughter."
    I don't think of her as Ric Flair's daughter primarily anymore, I think she holds up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I don't think of her as Ric Flair's daughter primarily anymore, I think she holds up.

They look at Charlotte as Ric Flair's daughter though...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

I wouldn't even look twice at Becky Lynch if I saw her in a club. Distinctly average looking. Whatever happened to the days of Torrie wilson, Stacy kiebler and Kelly kelly?

She does have some creepy stalker fans though I'd imagine. Wonder is there any on here...

Ageyev wrote: »
    They look at Charlotte as Ric Flair's daughter though...
    Is that meant to be read as they look at her as Ric Flair's daughter, as in WWE do? Yeah, I think that's painfully clear with how much we are reminded of it. However, I think association with her probably can help Becky and Paige a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Digitalism wrote: »
    I wouldn't even look twice at Becky Lynch if I saw her in a club. Distinctly average looking. Whatever happened to the days of Torrie wilson, Stacy kiebler and Kelly kelly?

She does have some creepy stalker fans though I'd imagine. Wonder is there any on here...
    Where's that 4/10 would not bang meme.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Difference being Becky is a wrestler first and a model second unlike those ladies who were known as a Playboy model, valet with great legs and extreme expose stripper.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Difference being Becky is a wrestler first and a model second unlike those ladies who were known as a Playboy model, valet with great legs and extreme expose stripper.

Yep, Becky being the only one of the four that won't have to strip to get a pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

And who are you? Simon Cowell or someone?

So you come into the Becky Lynch thread and dismiss her looks like that's even important? I'd say if she ever even looked at you in a club you'd jizz yourself on the spot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I'm sure she'd be heartbroken that you wouldn't look at her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

She'd have to buy me a drink first but I'd probably let her seduce me after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Just watching Raw.

Becky's fake tan is as bad as Finn's promos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Stop slagging her looks and slag her accent

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well she did say "soda"

• Registered Users Posts: 40,011 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Stop slagging her looks and slag her accent

What's wrong with her accent ? It's a Dublin accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I cringed when she went on about Alicia Fox and the soda.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Shes not the best on the mic at all is she! Very rigid and awkward. The "simple" character or whatever they've given her isn't helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Tinie wrote: »
    Shes not the best on the mic at all is she! Very rigid and awkward. The "simple" character or whatever they've given her isn't helping.

Rob McCarron from Shake Them Ropes made the observation that if you took Becky and Finn and put them in front of a camera to cut a promo it would resemble Sheldon and Amy from The Big Bang Theory doing their "Fun With Flags" video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl12Sp1KiEk

The lines the creative are feeding her are god awful and she seems very nervous when speaking on the mic still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

As awkward as the promo on RAW was I loved her facial expressions throughout

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

As awkward as the promo on RAW was I loved her facial expressions throughout

She does have acting training and I'm hoping that the more exposure she gets, the more her confidence will grow and thus she will be more comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    What's wrong with her accent ? It's a Dublin accent.

It's discoostin'

Becky looks well here:
    https://twitter.com/JoeyStyles/status/636922046094647296

Really weird seeing her being pushed like a standard Diva.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

Omackeral wrote: »
    It's discoostin'

Disgooostin', disgoostin' ?

The moment I fell in love with Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch...

[EMAIL="

This whole bickering on the Becky Lynch thread from time to time is disgoostin. Her accent is great however, I think. It's nice to hear a voice that sounds familiar. I'm sure everyone here probably knows someone from Dublin who has an accent similar to Becky's one. It's cool.

I thought there were elements of Monday's fiasco which were alright. Her expressive face mainly. Her short promo on the way to the ring on last week's Smackdown wasn't too bad either in terms of confidence. She's got a ways to go and is kind of inconsistent. As one segment she does something well and then in another one she does the same thing badly. I see all side on her though.

What she says here is bit cringe but she's showing more confidence as time goes on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,700 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A huge part of the issue with Becky is that she doesn't have a defined character.

Her ring gear, look & style seems to change weekly which makes it hard for people to know what her character is until Becky/Creative settles on a look that is consistent she will struggle I think.

Advertisement