Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Becky Lynch thread! **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I just hope the positioning of Becky as a side kick will lead to her eventually breaking away and proving herself as a strong competitor on her own. A repeat of her break out moment on NXT (v Sasha) would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

For that to work as well as it could, Charlotte would need to turn heel. I hope that's something which can happen down the line. Although Vince probably wants her to stay babyface.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

For that to work as well as it could, Charlotte would need to turn heel. I hope that's something which can happen down the line. Although Vince probably wants her to stay babyface.

If we're to get Sasha vs Charlotte at Mania next year you'd imagine Charlotte would be winning because dubyadubyaee, so you'd imagine Sasha holding the title as a heel and Charlotte winning it, doing another one of her Supercena performances

Sure why not just keep the title on Charlotte for the next 7 months if that's what they're planning? I'd have no problem with that once the matches were good and not just dumb squashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Sure why not just keep the title on Charlotte for the next 7 months if that's what they're planning? I'd have no problem with that once the matches were good and not just dumb squashes.

Sasha will "steal" the title at some stage, her person works best when she's the champ. If they're intent on pushing Charlotte as the queen of the diva's division, having her win the belt at Mania is better than retaining it at Mania imo

• Advertisement

She's got to be on television to be able to do that though. She's been missing in action.

MOD: post edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

If Hunter has a strong hand in booking, I could see Charlotte keeping the belt until WM then moving it on to Sasha. Sasha is the key performer in that division.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Becky was interviewed by Sam Roberts. A must listen.

http://traffic.libsyn.com/samrobertswrestling/SRWrestling049.mp3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Good interview. Thought it a bit odd that she never mentioned the fact that she had a serious head injury which initially caused her to stop wrestling. Maybe she doesn't like to talk about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,011 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Pentecost wrote: »
    Good interview. Thought it a bit odd that she never mentioned the fact that she had a serious head injury which initially caused her to stop wrestling. Maybe she doesn't like to talk about it.

Yeah I noticed that aswell. As you say maybe she doesn't want to talk about it as I doubt it's the nicest thing to have happen,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

"Fork It" seems very risquee for WWE :P

Apologies if my last post caused any offence or controversy. I see it was edited there. My bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

I cringed a little, it's a little bit bad Sheamus'esk

Although, I do like the last line as she walks away laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Aw I find it cute and endearing ^_^ she plays the Genki Girl pretty well. I suppose I don't mind the cringe comedy too much since that's really just her being herself - her Twitter account is full of silly puns and the like. She makes it work I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I loved the "anti-Diva or Uncle-Diva" line too!

I actually really liked that promo!

"I'm brilliant" - yes you are Becky!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I thought it was a good promo too.

Judging by her twitter and instagram posts she seems to be like that in real life whereas with sheamus it always felt forced with him cause its not his natural personality when he tried this kind of scthick

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

While its far from brilliant,its a small stepin the right direction. It may be a while before she is teh focus of the Divas division, however she can quitely grow as a personality away from the title scene which will serve her better when her time to shine comes around.

Hopefully she doesn't steal my joke about a librarian wearing a book-ini to the beach...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jack atlas

Becky Lynch is such a goddess and the only diva that is not always serious just perfect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Becky is awesome

Cracking little 12 minute or so match between Becky and Sasha on Main Event this week. It was the main event too. They're just so familiar with each other now that it comes easy to them. Becky is really expert in the ring though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭kksaints

Her and Finn Balor were just on that Twotube programme thats on between shows on RTE 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,011 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

kksaints wrote: »
    Her and Finn Balor were just on that Twotube programme thats on between shows on RTE 2.

Any good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭kksaints

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Any good ?

Alright, nothing special.

It's a shame they only gave Becky and Sasha five minutes on Raw. I'm guessing it's because they didn't want them upstaging the Divas' Championship match.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

It's a shame they only gave Becky and Sasha five minutes on Raw. I'm guessing it's because they didn't want them upstaging the Divas' Championship match.

All things considered though. Would it not be better to wait till a better time to allow them to have a great match. I mean it just seems like it would be a waste to give it away for free on an episode of Raw. Perhaps when Becky or Sasha wins the Divas Championship, and wrestle at a PPV it would be a better time to let them go all out.

Just bumping this as out of general curiosity I was catching up on a couple of Becky's matches that I missed recently. She's actually getting a really good push and she's now getting over as well, as much as Divas can anyway. She's always been naturally likeable and great in the ring but she seems to have really found her feet on the main roster of late. I'm actually a bit surprised as I assumed both Charlotte and Sasha would be pushed ahead of her. She must be impressing those who make the decisions.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Afaik, both Sasha and Paige are out injured at the moment.

But that shouldn't take away from the fact that she is feuding with Ric Flair (by proxy of Charlotte) and getting the crowd on her side in a big way. She's getting good reactions and really making the best of everything going her way. Thrilled with and for her.

• Advertisement

Yeah I meant to say that I know Sasha and Paige are out but even before Sasha got injured Becky was more prominent than her. It's great and hopefully they make her champion at some stage just would be nice to see her win it.

Advertisement