Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Becky Lynch thread! **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pre-injury, I felt that it was likely Becky vs Charlotte at the Rumble to boost Charlotte, and that we'd probably see Charlotte vs Sasha at Mania. Be interesting to see if the injury changes things though....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Sasha is out for a month or so. She's also heel for now as is Charlotte so not a natural feud just now. If Becky continues to get the reactions she's getting she might well be the natural next champion. Paige will probably come back and turn face and win against Charlotte at 'Mania but we can hope.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Becky is one of the most over faces they have and has managed to get people to route for her. That is quite impressive considering the last diva to manage that was AJ Lee.

She is also FEUDING WITH RIC FLAIR. How awesome is that.

Her theme tune has really grown on me lately too. Suits her unusual look and style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I like her frenetic energy. Great in ring and her entrance is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I always think that she is the dark horse of four horsewomen.

I would be great to see her as Divas champion when they come back over here after WrestleMania.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Becky's armbar finisher looks so damn weak to me, I'm sure it was one of the worst moves in the old smackdown games and it's got that association for me

I quite like it to be honest. She generally is very slick with her transitions into it and it's about the selling from the other girl after that. Charlotte's figure 8 is actually more annoying for me, it just doesn't look like it's at all painful!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was wondering if that reaction for her on Smackdown was live or not. Would like to believe it was live.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I was wondering if that reaction for her on Smackdown was live or not. Would like to believe it was live.

I think the seagulls were out to a certain extent but there were some genuine cheers and "Let's go Becky" chants during the match. As Divas go she is pretty over now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

She's been getting good reactions over the last few weeks. Her and Charlotte's rivalry is really working, for both of them. Becky is a great underdog face and Charlotte is a great heel.

Hopefully she wins on Sunday. Would be cool to see another Irish person winning a title in WWE.

Edit: Double post.

Boards is gone to the absolute dogs...

J. Marston wrote: »
    She's been getting good reactions over the last few weeks. Her and Charlotte's rivalry is really working, for both of them. Becky is a great underdog face and Charlotte is a great heel.

Hopefully she wins on Sunday. Would be cool to see another Irish person winning a title in WWE.

Yes best thing that ever happened was Charlotte going heel, suits her perfectly being the arrogant princess with her Daddy interfering etc. Apparently she's way happier playing heel too. And Becky as the scrappy, energetic underdog face opponent is the perfect rival.

I'm hoping they don't have her lose just to keep the title on Charlotte until Nikki comes back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Apparently, the seamstress working on Becky's Mania gear has posted a full picture of Becky wearing the outfit. Won't embed it in case anyone doesn't want it spoiled.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXd9xtdWAAAEprt.jpg

EDIT: Oooops. Should have kept reading the Reddit thread. Apparently she's worn the gear once already for a Raw....my bad...

**** it, I'll leave the picture up though, cause she looks amazing in it :P

Dunno about it. Isn't that the one or similar to the one where those things on her lower legs kept sliding down and she had to get rid of them? Even the commentators pointed out thy were causing problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Becky "buff bagwell" Lynch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the girls are pretty..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

She looks like a strange version of the mad hatter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The steampunk thing is very accurate. They should get Amanda Palmer to do her music now.

• Advertisement

I would really like to see Divas championship change hands at WrestleMania and for Becky to win it. Granted Sasha is more over than Becky.

Maybe the night after WM they could reinstate old Womens championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,011 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I would really like to see Divas championship change hands at WrestleMania and for Becky to win it. Granted Sasha is more over than Becky.

Maybe the night after WM they could reinstate old Womens championship.

unless they change total divas to total women that title isn't coming back.

But, you cant deny that would be a step in the right direction for the division. Plus ratings for Total Divas have not been great for current season so far, so it might get canned by E! in near future.

Didn't they already do the women vs divas story before I fizzled out?

Becky Lynch battles Charlotte and Sasha Banks for the Divas Championship next month at WrestleMania 32. If it’s anything like Lynch imagines, win or lose, she’s in for the night of her life.

“I keep envisioning it and if it’s anything that I feel when I think about it then it’s going to be an unbelievable experience,” she said. “I don’t know if it’s something that’s going to hit me until a little while after. 90,000-people-plus is an incredible number. I’ve never been in front of that many people at all.

“When I was at WrestleMania last year and I got to stand out in the crowd and look around, that energy, there’s not a feeling like it. And that was just being in the crowd. I can’t imagine what it’s going to be like to perform in front of that amount of people with that good energy. To say I’m excited is an understatement.”

Yet for all the excitement surrounding her Divas Championship match, Lynch almost walked away from her Road to WrestleMania before it had even begun.

Lynch began her pro-wrestling career in England, and soon branched out to Canada (where she wrestled alongside the likes of Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn) and Japan, all before her 20th birthday.

But with a less-than-stable wrestling scene in her native Ireland, the Lass Kicker decided to put pro-wrestling to one side and attempt to settle down.

“I was 19 when I… retired, I guess, which is very young,” she said. “I hadn’t even gotten started and I was wondering what I was going to do with the rest of my life because I’ve never had a passion as strong as I had for wrestling – I’ve never loved anything as much in my life.”

Lynch attempted to live a “regular life” with dreams of a mortgage and a picket fence, but the longer she stayed away from the ring, the more she realised where she was supposed to be.

“I broke up everything in sports entertainment to a tiny little piece,” she said. “Travelling, so I became a flight attendant. The performance, so I became a stunt woman. I was an actor, I did my degree in that. Martial arts, so I took up kickboxing and Muay Thai and capoeira, anything that I thought would relate to [pro-wrestling]. I was just breaking it up into tiny sections. Nothing felt the same way.”

After a seven-year absence, Lynch finally returned to the ring and was soon hooked up with an NXT tryout thanks to Robbie Brookside.

Now, as part of the main roster, Lynch has set an example for the likes of Bayley, Carmella, and Australia’s Peyton Royce on what it means to be a WWE Diva – spearheading the Divas Revolution that has infiltrated WWE programming over the last 12 months.

“There has been some incredible women over the past 10-15 years but I think now we’re being highlighted more and we’re in a position to get more time to showcase what we can do,” Lynch said.

“I think there’s a clear, common vision of what we want for the division and how we want to be portrayed and it’s all about our strength and …. showing that heart and showing that determination to make a difference.”

With a renewed focus on WWE’s Divas, a WrestleMania showdown has been weighing heavy on Lynch’s mind. While wrestling at Royal Rumble was a personal highlight, it’s full steam ahead to Dallas.

“It’s been my sole focus since getting on the main roster, to make sure I was in a match at WrestleMania,” Lynch revealed.

Yet, due to the ever-changing nature of WWE, the Lass Kicker wasn’t 100 per cent sure she’d make it to the Grandest Stage of Them All until she saw a graphic advertising her triple threat with Charlotte and Sasha Banks on SmackDown.

She immediately called her brother, who she credits with starting her pro-wrestling journey as a teenager in Ireland all those years ago.

Now, with the eyes of 100,000-plus in AT&T Stadium on her—and millions more around the world on Sky Arena and WWE Network—Lynch is seeking a WrestleMania moment on April 4.

“As much as I would love a championship, my biggest goal here is to be remembered and to resonate with the audience and make them feel something,” Lynch said.

“Championships are great and everything like that but if I can get a reaction from the crowd that’s going to stick with them and make them feel something and remember something … that’s what’s important to me.”

http://www.nzpwi.co.nz/2016/03/becky-lynch-interview/

Interesting interview although those two last lines do sound like "Yeah, I'm getting pinned."

Out of curiosity I was looking up some of her stuff as Rebecca Knox last night. There's one promo from Shimmer I think, and if you think her Dublin accent is pronounced now it was even more so then! She was doing all of that stuff at a very young age. There's another clip of her accompanying Britani and Saraya Knight (or Paige and her mother!) to the ring as their manager and doing some crazy dancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

there is a piece in todays Sunday World about her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Pentecost wrote: »
    Out of curiosity I was looking up some of her stuff as Rebecca Knox last night. There's one promo from Shimmer I think, and if you think her Dublin accent is pronounced now it was even more so then! She was doing all of that stuff at a very young age. There's another clip of her accompanying Britani and Saraya Knight (or Paige and her mother!) to the ring as their manager and doing some crazy dancing.

She only had 4 Shimmer matches from around 2005-6 and they are well worth seeking out.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    unless they change total divas to total women that title isn't coming back.

So you were saying, granted we won't get old womens championship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Now that there getting rid of the Butterfly belt it would be really cool to see Becky win the new title at Mania but it's obvious that they'll go with Snoop Dogg raising his cousin Sasha Banks hand for that Wresltemania moment bull****, Of the 3 she deserves it the most.

Advertisement